Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 is..

I like the optimism! I'm a Terp so yesterday was pretty awesome :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Re: 2013 is..

Attachment 1515 Go Birds. Meet ya' in October.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    As far as the Terps, I didn't graduate from that school. I could care less what they do.
    This. I can never understand why somebody would root for a school that they didn't go to. It might be one thing if you live in a state with no pro teams and/or you didn't go to a school with competitive teams. But either way, I see College Park as more of a DC area school. Most people who live in the area are pretty big Redskins fans.

If anything, I think that Towson should be the official college team of Baltimore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    This. I can never understand why somebody would root for a school that they didn't go to. It might be one thing if you live in a state with no pro teams and/or you didn't go to a school with competitive teams. But either way, I see College Park as more of a DC area school. Most people who live in the area are pretty big Redskins fans.

If anything, I think that Towson should be the official college team of Baltimore.
    I've never understood why people feel the need to be a fan of the team that's closest to where they live, or a only a school where they went to.

Your post just answered your own question. There are no hard and fast rules about who you should root for and why. Perhaps someone is a fan of a player and chooses to root for the team despite never having set foot on its campus. Perhaps you root for a school because your father graduated from there. There are many reasons and many scenarios to consider. This applies to both the collegiate and professional level.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Attachment 1515 Go Birds. Meet ya' in October.
    1970 anyone?

Well damn.......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BohBalmer View Post
    Shaping up to be a hell of a year for Maryland Sports. Ravens world champs, Terps knock off #2 Duke at Comcast, and the Orioles are setting up a killer lineup again this year.

We're in for a special summer.

And October ;)
    Im sorry but I've been so focused on Ravens and the playoffs and SB I forgot about the O's.

They made a deal for someone?

Can you fill me in on the details. I thought I heard on radio O's just robbed someone again
    via trade?

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Killer year for the Terps in the NIT and a horrible football team!
    probably closer to reality than a lot would like to admit...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Maybe it's because Maryland is the only team around that plays against teams on a national championship level all season long. They are a big D1 school. Except for Loyola or Hopkins in lacrosse, Baltimore simply doesn't have the universities that are going to be playing against the big boys.

Maryland might be in the DC area, but it has plenty of appeal for people all over the state.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by section 502 raven View Post
    1970 anyone?
    and the human vacuum cleaner!

I root for MD because it is Maryland's flagship university within our state university system. Besides, what the hell am I going to root for from Salisbury? D3 lax?

Gs3/tapatak
    Facebook -> Craig.Ciurca
    Twitter -> @papa_ciurca
    Instagram -> @papa_ciurca