Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Kamalei Correa , 1 snap.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    I don't know how you can say that though. You haven't seen anything (nor has anyone but the coaches) to give you that idea. That's just a kind of default b/c he played there in college.

My take is the scouts projected him poorly and he's just not athletic enough to play on the edge in the NFL.
    I guess the question will remain why did we outsmart ourselves by trying to draft an OLB/DE and project him to be an ILB when Myles Jack was sitting there who is an actual ILB and played one in college.

It netted us Matt Joudon......who is OK I guess. But not worth throwing away a pick on Correa.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I never understood why they tried to make this transition anyway. He was an edge guy/pass rusher in college. Not sure how they thought that translated to ILB in the NFL. He never looked comfortable there from the start, hopefully the staff has realized that (finally) and will now use him more outside, where he may be more productive. I didn't think he was terrible but Onwuasor always appeared to be far more natural and better overall than Correa.
    yup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correa adds to the theory that if I'm high on you, you probably suck lol

"Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

Lol me too Cole I just think he’s being used wrong still but I don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    I guess the question will remain why did we outsmart ourselves by trying to draft an OLB/DE and project him to be an ILB when Myles Jack was sitting there who is an actual ILB and played one in college.

It netted us Matt Joudon......who is OK I guess. But not worth throwing away a pick on Correa.
    I still don't believe they projected him at ILB. They say that now but I don't think they believe he can play the edge. Just too overmatched and it was painfully obvious. Obviously, I am guessing. But so is everyone else who's guessing that the plan all along was to convert him to ILB.

Whether the coaches [Pees] gave him enough of a chance is an open question, but it was obvious they quickly soured on him playing OLB. This was reinforced when the drafted Tim Williams and Tyus Bowswer in '17.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Hes not he never was the kid played a couple snaps at ILB at Boise in which he rushed the passer and they thought he could play the position. He’s an OLB who should be doing one thing and one thing only rushing the passer.

Where is the evidence that he could be a good pass rusher in the NFL?
    They gave him a run outside and he showed nothing to date. They moved him inside to try and salvage something.

What a disappointment. And I'm not surprised. I never, never liked that pick with what was left on the board.

Meanwhile, Myles Jack is starting to blossom, Michael Thomas is on pace for a 100 catch season and to be fair another guy I really wanted, Noah Spence hasn't been able to stay healthy, but has played well when he has.

I will always think the staff tried to out think themselves with that pick.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    I don't know how you can say that though. You haven't seen anything (nor has anyone but the coaches) to give you that idea. That's just a kind of default b/c he played there in college.

My take is the scouts projected him poorly and he's just not athletic enough to play on the edge in the NFL.
    Hard to say. He's quick and he's well-built at 6'3" 245-250lbs.

I just dont know why they wouldn't give him snaps at EDGE or Rush.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

LOL, nah man, we all have guys we like that don't turn out well. We are all just arm chair QB'ing...or should I say, arm chair "GM'ing" here lol.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    They gave him a run outside and he showed nothing to date. They moved him inside to try and salvage something.
    When did they give him a run? Lol

They started converting him during training camp. Giving him a few weeks is not enough time to truly tell in a guys rookie year.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Kamalei Correa , 1 snap.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    That’s all he did at Boise don’t take my word for it go watch his games. I seen plenty of Correa being in this area in the WAC. Correa plays one speed, downhill, he’s not a read and react guy, he’s not a guy who has good lateral movement, he’s not going to out Jump someone. He’s a pass rusher and an edge player. I liked the pick because I thought he was going to be a pass rusher and when they decided to move him I told everyone he was struggle and look now? They never even tried him at his natural position they moved him inside from day one. They clearly misuse him and the scouts clearly mid-judged him. The problem with Correa at OLB is that he can’t shed his blocks. Same problem he has as an ILB.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    LOL, nah man, we all have guys we like that don't turn out well. We are all just arm chair QB'ing...or should I say, arm chair "GM'ing" here lol.

I will say Ozzies eye for evaluating WRs is as bad as mine. He should really hire BPR
    - Ray Lewis