Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Boller is Starting Sunday

[QUOTE=ramair We just need to accept that we will always have a QB controversy while Billick is the coach.[/QUOTE]

You could not have said it any better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

We just need to accept that we will always have a QB controversy while Billick is the coach.
    Yes, everybody knows Baltimore is the only city that has QB issues so it must be Billick's fault.

Greg, we all know that other teams have QB issues some teams have them longer than others, but with Billick please tell me the last time he was able to make a QB even worth watching. Maybe it is not just Billick, maybe we toss Ozzy and some scouts in the mix, but we have had some good QB's come through this system here in Bmore and not 1 of them has had success, and when I say that I mean being a top 10 or even 15 QB overall. If you are not tired of this same old BS each year let me know what your secret is. Also do me a favor and look over the last 6 or 7 drafts and the QB's we have passed over who are doing what all of fans hope to see one day, and then you can let me know who I can blame, but I'm going to blame somebody!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Glad we still have Kyle Man around. Who knows? He may have gained a lot of understanding from watching a vet QB over the past year or so. Don't forget, he was thrown into action in his rookie year without ANY pro-training or preparation. It is a different game than college.

It'll be interesting to see how he does against a weak team. JEEZ, if the Ravens lose this thing, it'll stink.

I get to go tomorrow cause I'm up from Fla for the past 10 days. Upper deck, visitors side Row 17 with my son:)

:usa: ....

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Greg, we all know that other teams have QB issues some teams have them longer than others, but with Billick please tell me the last time he was able to make a QB even worth watching.
    Randall Cunningham, who looked his best ever under Billick in Minny. Now that I answered yours, answer one for me, please. Tell me who he has had here we missed on?

One more thing:

I actually think McNair has looked pretty good at points this season, including most of the Bengals game and all of the Cardinals game. His struggles are, indeed, overblown by the fact that he was dreadful against Cleveland and San Fran.

Like I said, he really looks no different this year than last, but the standings show otherwise....

The QB (and the head coach, too) get too much credit when you win, too much blame when you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    I actually think McNair has looked pretty good at points this season, including most of the Bengals game

The Bengals game? Of the 2007 season? The game where McNair had 5 turnovers? That had to be the worst performance by a QB in the Ravens' 12 year history -- easily, and the worst performance in McNair's career.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Randall Cunningham, who looked his best ever under Billick in Minny. Now that I answered yours, answer one for me, please. Tell me who he has had here we missed on?
    Don't you realize - when a player is good it's all Ozzie, when a player is bad it's all Billick. The way of the Billick hater, rule #1.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Don't you realize - when a player is good it's all Ozzie, when a player is bad it's all Billick. The way of the Billick hater, rule #1.
    This is so true.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

The Bengals game? Of the 2007 season? The game where McNair had 5 turnovers? That had to be the worst performance by a QB in the Ravens' 12 year history -- easily, and the worst performance in McNair's career.
    Untrue. He moved the ball quite effectively AND moved the ball downfield pretty well.

Not all of the turnovers were necessarily his fault either.

If you think that was the worst performance by a Ravens QB, you have a very, very short memory.

I'm hardly a huge McNair guy, I definitely think Boller gives us the best shot at winning, but the people blaming the groin for his so-called lack of performance baffle me, because, IMO, he looks like the same exact guy from last year, minus the help from the defense who were scoring as much points as the offense at this point last year.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Untrue. He moved the ball quite effectively AND moved the ball downfield pretty well.

Not all of the turnovers were necessarily his fault either.

If you think that was the worst performance by a Ravens QB, you have a very, very short memory.

I'm hardly a huge McNair guy, I definitely think Boller gives us the best shot at winning, but the people blaming the groin for his so-called lack of performance baffle me, because, IMO, he looks like the same exact guy from last year, minus the help from the defense who were scoring as much points as the offense at this point last year.
    Good lord you are all over the place.

McNair played like crap in Cincy. He is not scoring TDs for this team and it's a huge problem.

McNair is also not 100% and it's clear as day. He's not stepping into his throws. He's basically throwing flat footed. Im sorry if you don't see it. Im beginning to think you just refuse to admit it.

He's not the same as last year. Period.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    This is so true.

PP
    Of course. Just like you know we will see one of these comments from somebody this week after the game:

1) Billick's ego kept him from starting Boller all along. We'd probably be 6-0 if his ego hadn't gotten in the way and he had put Boller in to start with.

2) McNair was actually healthy. Billick's ego made him want to prove that his pet project, Boller, could be a decent QB, and he should have started McNair, but his ego got in the way.

3) Billick didn't run enough.

4) Why didn't Billick throw a pass in that situation?

(3 & 4 are usually uttered together).

The bottom line...McNair isn't as bad as you all think, nor is Boller as good as you all think he will be, though, anyone with half a brain can see that he has a much higher UPSIDE at this point in time.

Billick is also a pretty damn good head coach.