Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Brian Billick employed again ???

If he takes another coaching job doesn't Bisciotti have to pick up the difference between his new contract and the $5mill? So that Billick picks up the combined £5mill.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers
    If he takes another coaching job doesn't Bisciotti have to pick up the difference between his new contract and the $5mill? So that Billick picks up the combined £5mill.
    That is exactly how most of these contracts are drawn up, but it still means that if Billick took a job next year as a coordinator, for instance, he'd basically be working for free, because the Ravens will pay him his $5 million whether he gets another coaching gig or not.

I'd be surprised if he coaches next year. I think he'll pull a Cowher and sit out for a year or two, and then maybe get back in the game.

Wow, then he must have been the luckiest guy in the world to win more games than he lost during those nine years, seeing how he's such a moron.

He won alot of games with a Great Defense.

He is an Offensive Coach and our Offense has been among the leagues worst ever since he has been here.

I give the Defensive coaches more credit for assembling his record, just like I would give the Offensive coaches in Cinci more credit for assembling a great Offense than Marvin Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap86 View Post
    Wow, then he must have been the luckiest guy in the world to win more games than he lost during those nine years, seeing how he's such a moron.

He won alot of games with a Great Defense.

He is an Offensive Coach and our Offense has been among the leagues worst ever since he has been here.

I give the Defensive coaches more credit for assembling his record, just like I would give the Offensive coaches in Cinci more credit for assembling a great Offense than Marvin Lewis.
    Im sorry.

Remind me again what the point of playing these games is?

I seem to remember it's to win them.

Do you think the fact that the talent on offense this team has had is among the worst in the league has anything to do with it's struggles?

What do you expect the Harbaugh/Cameron combo to do with this offense?

Do you think it's gonna be much improved even though it looks like the major components are gonna be the same?

It's amazing how some people wanna take away wins from a former coach who won a SB and had an overall winning record during a 9 year run.

I wonder what's gonna happen if we don't go 12-4 and win the division next season.

I bet some will still be blaming Billick.

Heaven forbid the players take some responsibility for their actual play on the field.

PP

He's gone, who cares? Don't we have enough to think about with the Ravens without continuing to beat up the guy that's gone? The level of hostility directed towards Billick is unbelievable.
    AZRAVEN

[

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN View Post
    He's gone, who cares? Don't we have enough to think about with the Ravens without continuing to beat up the guy that's gone? The level of hostility directed towards Billick is unbelievable.
    Just wait and see what happens if Harbaugh doesn't set the world on fire from the get go.

The "Anybody but Billick" crowd is in for a rude awakening come next September when we trot what looks to be almost the same offensive personnel out there that we did last year.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Heap86
    [I give the Defensive coaches more credit for assembling his record, just like I would give the Offensive coaches in Cinci more credit for assembling a great Offense than Marvin Lewis.
    You can obviously give credit to whoever you want, but I think that's a seriously flawed point of view. Billick was the head coach, not just an offensive coach. The defense sucked before he got here. He got them to play like a team. He worked with three different DCs while here, and the defense was always good. People who whine about how it's all Billick's fault that the offense sucks but act like he's had nothing to do with the defense are just plain wrong.

If he did, you know the Ravens could trade Boller to the Falcons for a high draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Just wait and see what happens if Harbaugh doesn't set the world on fire from the get go.

The "Anybody but Billick" crowd is in for a rude awakening come next September when we trot what looks to be almost the same offensive personnel out there that we did last year.

PP
    I agree. I am not expecting any miracles here. I am just hoping that somenew blood on the coaching front will change players attitudes. I'm thankful for Billick, he did get us a ring, but I was also happy to see him leave as it was time. This is going to be a great year as we will find out if we just needed a change at the top, or if we need to start to rebuild. If we need to rebuild fine, we get to see some new faces through FA and the draft, if not we get to watch our players change the way the look at the game. Either way this should be fun! :happyanim
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

I too think he'll sit out this year, but......if there is one guy who could get him back, it's possible that it's his brother-in-law (assuming they are still close, as was always reported when they were both here).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Im sorry.

Remind me again what the point of playing these games is?

I seem to remember it's to win them.

Do you think the fact that the talent on offense this team has had is among the worst in the league has anything to do with it's struggles?

What do you expect the Harbaugh/Cameron combo to do with this offense?

Do you think it's gonna be much improved even though it looks like the major components are gonna be the same?

It's amazing how some people wanna take away wins from a former coach who won a SB and had an overall winning record during a 9 year run.

I wonder what's gonna happen if we don't go 12-4 and win the division next season.

I bet some will still be blaming Billick.

Heaven forbid the players take some responsibility for their actual play on the field.

PP
    I'm wanting to see our offense play to win. Are we going to match the Patriots or Colts? Nope. Can we actually not give up in the red-zone and stop settleing for FGs? That I'm hopeful for.

New coach, new attitude. Hopefully more wins.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Well, the talent at QB that Billick picked were all failures

Boller, Grbac, Case, Mitchell etc., all guys hand picked by Billick, not to mention the QB who took us to the Superbowl was later dumped by Billick and an up and coming superstar who is now in Cleveland was cut by Billick.

Just about all of his personnel decisions involving Quarterbacks have been horrible.

Don't go and make excuses that the Offensive talent he was given was crap.

The only good decision Billick made in his coaching tenure was to bench Tony Banks in favor of Trent Dilfer.