Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Whitney houston passes away

Whitney Houston? What a tragedy at the age of 48

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As to:

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    seriously- whitney houston? this isn't *remotely* related to Ravens. football. sports- why would you post this here? there are off-topic forums for a reason.
    Please look at the top of the page:

Forum: Ravens 24x7

The friendly Ravens forum for everyone! Pure Ravens talk during the season - this may include discussion of competing NFL teams and players, if relevant to Ravens football. OT stuff is allowed when we're not busy and may still be moved eventually. Trolling Squeelerfans, Clowns and Bungles will be closely monitored and dealt with as we see fit.

Jeez .... Can't please everyone! It's offseason. What is going on with the Ravens in the next month? Not a lot to discuss: 24x7 name change, draft speculation, then what?

It will get moved ... tomorrow. For right now: if you are like me, you come to 24x7 before reading the news.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Americanmade2012 View Post
    I wouldnt know never touched the stuff. never smoked but i will take your word for it
    Neither have I. Just quoting one Whitney's more infamous statements. Didn't mean to reply with quote. Sorry.

3. Re: Whitney houston passes away

This saddened me and damn near ruined my night. Its an awful tragedy. She was blessed with one of the great voices in modern history. One of the most talented pure singers OF ALL TIME. I dare anyone to say that isn't true. I still remember my sisters playing her songs over and over when i was younger, she was one of their favorites, i know they are probably hurt by this.

I truly hope she rests in peace.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Americanmade2012 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    Neither have I. Just quoting one Whitney's more infamous statements. Didn't mean to reply with quote. Sorry.
    its cool lol

Its a real shame.
    I remember when she 1st hit the scene. I had an album of hers. I dont know if drugs caused her career to dwindle or what but there is no denying she had talent.It really is a shame how she fell victim to substance abuse.

Americanmade2012 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Whitney Houston? What a tragedy at the age of 48

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As to:

Please look at the top of the page:

Jeez .... Can't please everyone! It's offseason. What is going on with the Ravens in the next month? Not a lot to discuss: 24x7 name change, draft speculation, then what?

It will get moved ... tomorrow. For right now: if you are like me, you come to 24x7 before reading the news.
    The problem is people dont read everything about a sight or they feel that if it is off season stuff it should still be about the ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Americanmade2012 View Post
    I know this is not sports related but for anyone who cares.

Breaking news from the AP: Whitney Houston, who reigned as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, has died. She was 48. Publicist Kristen Foster said Saturday that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unclear.
    TRAGIC end to a young and extremely talented individual...one can not imagine the pain she felt prior to the end. RIP, and God Bless!!...
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Noting that this news is in the wrong section misses the point. It'll get moved, chill out.
    An icon is dead. It's a tragedy... Beauty and talent thrown away in pretty much the prime of life. Every sports fan should remember THIS.
    Exactly....this not the AFCCG thread. Chill out folks

Blog Entries

This is a tragedy.

Very likely a tragic end to a life that, while full of fame and fortune, was itself tragic. I don't know whether to feel sorry for her or happy that she's not suffering anymore.
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Noting that this news is in the wrong section misses the point. It'll get moved, chill out.
    An icon is dead. It's a tragedy... Beauty and talent thrown away in pretty much the prime of life. Every sports fan should remember THIS.
    The best rendition of our National Anthem ever! So sad.... R.I.P Whitney!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Maybe they couldn't hear her screaming for help from her bathroom because she had her music on in the living room and passers by couldn't tell the difference!