Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Two Minutes Left, 80 yards to go. Who Do you Trust More?

Nothing against the Offense, but I have ALOT more faith in Suggs, Ray, Ed and Co to step up and make a play to win the game. Smith, Dickson and even Boldin have had questionable hands this year. I could just see T.Smith pulling an interp of Clayton and dropping a ball that hit him in the chest that would pretty much win a game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Nothing against the Offense, but I have ALOT more faith in Suggs, Ray, Ed and Co to step up and make a play to win the game. Smith, Dickson and even Boldin have had questionable hands this year. I could just see T.Smith pulling an interp of Clayton and dropping a ball that hit him in the chest that would pretty much win a game.
    I think I have a lot more faith in Chuck Pagano in that situation than I did in Pops Mattison.

Still though, this defense gave up the lead in Atlanta last year, allowed Pittsburgh to convert on a 3rd and forever when the game was on the line, got torched by the Titans, got torched by the Chargers, and allowed the Texans to rack up 95 yards in 1 half on the ground and come back from a 17-3 lead.

I'm just looking at it from the stance of the Ravens offense is pretty good and the Ravens defense is pretty good. It's pretty balanced overall. The Pats' offense is REALLY good and their defense is so-so.

I think the Ravens' offense vs the Pats D with the game on the line is a better match up than the Ravens D vs the Pats' O.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

3. Re: Two Minutes Left, 80 yards to go. Who Do you Trust More?

I'll go with Joe.

If Joe can overcome two drops, a 4th down, 92 yards, in Pittsburgh. I think he could pull it off in NE, even though its a huge stage.

Or put it this way. Brady in a clutch situation, i don't care what defense is out there, is someone i don't wanna bet against.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

I think it would depend on how each offense was moving the ball up until that point. Impossible to truly answer this question without this info. If Joe is having one of his off days and the pats d has been applying pressure then i would probably want the D on the field. I suppose just to answer the question with no knowledge of how the game was going I would take the offense. No interest in trying to stop maybe the best QB of all time in his backyard with a trip to the SB on the line.

I'll take the defense because we/they need a touchdown. Red zone efficiency is a tremendous strength of our defense and somewhat of a liability to our offense. I also think our pass rush would excel in a two minute drill because they could pretty much ignore the run and pin their ears back and force Brady to make a mistake.
    Long days and pleasant nights.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think I have a lot more faith in Chuck Pagano in that situation than I did in Pops Mattison.

Still though, this defense gave up the lead in Atlanta last year, allowed Pittsburgh to convert on a 3rd and forever when the game was on the line, got torched by the Titans, got torched by the Chargers, and allowed the Texans to rack up 95 yards in 1 half on the ground and come back from a 17-3 lead.

I'm just looking at it from the stance of the Ravens offense is pretty good and the Ravens defense is pretty good. It's pretty balanced overall. The Pats' offense is REALLY good and their defense is so-so.

I think the Ravens' offense vs the Pats D with the game on the line is a better match up than the Ravens D vs the Pats' O.
    This is how I look at it as well. Great, thought provoking question.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Personally I'd rather be up because I think there is a lot more room for error when you're on offense.

I mean, a receiver could just flat out drop a game winning TD pass.

I'd rather be up and have the D on the field.
    Or a ball gets tipped and picked, or a sack strip, etc. I agree, there's a lot of things that can go terribly wrong on a game winning TD drive.

There's a reason why games like NO-SF, or Flaccos drive against the Steelers are memorable - because they're not common. No one remembers the other much more numerous endings where the offense takes the field with 2 minutes and simply can't get the first down, or the defense slams the door shut with a big sack or a turnover.

Give me the lead and I'll trust the defense.

Who do you trust more? What would you feel more comfortable with or have less nerves watching?
    I'd rather be up by 4 and trust that our D will find a way to get it done. It's not that I don't have the trust in Joe to do his part, but my confidence level in our TEs and WRs this year is shaky and to me they pose the bigger risk of failure.

Blog Entries

In terms of odds, I'd rather have the lead.

Also the context could play a role -- how many minutes has the D been on the field to this point? What's the score -- 10-6 or 48-44? It matters because I want to know how the D has been playing in that particular game to that point.

But if you ask me who is more likely to prevail there IN GENERAL, I'd say the offense, based on tomorrows matchup. The defense has been burned too often by 2 minute drills in the past.

10. Re: Two Minutes Left, 80 yards to go. Who Do you Trust More?

As a pats fan, give me brady down by 4, TD to win, anyday...against any defense in foxboro. He's second to none in that situation..and if I'm taking a loss, that's the situation I want it in..with our best foot forward.

As a pats fan, give me brady down by 4, TD to win, anyday...against any defense in foxboro. He's second to none in that situation..and if I'm taking a loss, that's the situation I want it in..with our best foot forward.
    If I were a Pats fan, I would have to agree with you. Your Brady led offense is your strength thus your greatest chance of success.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Welka_fan View Post
    When you have a totally one dimensional team, what other option is there?