Page 55 of 88 FirstFirst ... 5354555657 ... LastLast

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    You clearly don't know what you're talking about and you are so confident in it. In a perverse way I admire that.

Anybody who is 6'6" or under and athletic enough to play in the NBA, could play in the NFL, from purely an athletic standpoint.
    1) "6'6 or under".
    2) "NBA".
    3) "Purely an athletic standpoint".
    4) No mention of the WR position.

Clearly, some bridge is missing its troll today, but you did indeed do a nice job moving the goal posts.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

You clearly don't know what you're talking about and you are so confident in it. In a perverse way I admire that.

Anybody who is 6'6" or under and athletic enough to play in the NBA, could play in the NFL, from purely an athletic standpoint.
    No. They couldn't. Some could, maybe, but they're two very different sports that require very different skill sets. Or do you also think every guy on the PGA tour would dominate at competitive billiards because both games involve moving a ball across a smooth green surface into a hole?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

A lot of jumps in logic here.

Most would agree that football requires less athleticsm than baseball, yes?

So by that logic- Anyone who is 6'6''....... should logically be able to play in the MLB, correct?

Yet for some reason, when the greatest basketball player of all time attempted to play baseball, he was stuck in AA ball and was a lifetime .202 hitter.

Weird right? :grbac:
    Last edited by s.r.genovese; 08-05-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Blog Entries

I guess this is cause this is a football board but a lot of people are taking what is commonly accepted as some kind of personal affront.

Maybe I've gone too far.

But to say a 6'5" reciever is dropping footballs so he looks like a basketball player is absurd. Almost exclusively, basketball players under 6'7" have terrific hands. If you can dribble a basketball, as guards are required to, and as almost all basketball players under 6'7" are guards, you can catch a football.

In regards to baseball, it depends on your definition of hitting a baseball as an athletic ability. It isn't said to be the most difficult thing in sports for no reason.

I guess this is cause this is a football board but a lot of people are taking what is commonly accepted as some kind of personal affront.

Maybe I've gone too far.

But to say a 6'5" reciever is dropping footballs so he looks like a basketball player is absurd. Almost exclusively, basketball players under 6'7" have terrific hands. If you can dribble a basketball, as guards are required to, and as almost all basketball players under 6'7" are guards, you can catch a football.

In regards to baseball, it depends on your definition of hitting a baseball as an athletic ability. It isn't said to be the most difficult thing in sports for no reason.
    Just because "you" accept it doesn't mean it's commonly accepted.

Catching a football is different than catching a round, 1 foot diameter ball. And sure, if you stick a guy in the NBA on the football field and play catch with him with no pads and no hitting, he's probably going to catch the ball.

But if you took an NBA player who had never played a down of football in his life, stuck him on the Ravens, and said "Here go run routes and try not to get your head knocked off," he'd probably look like an idiot, regardless of how athletic he is. Whereas you were asserting that he wouldn't "look awkward" like Streeter does.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Just because "you" accept it doesn't mean it's commonly accepted.

Catching a football is different than catching a round, 1 foot diameter ball. And sure, if you stick a guy in the NBA on the football field and play catch with him with no pads and no hitting, he's probably going to catch the ball.

But if you took an NBA player who had never played a down of football in his life, stuck him on the Ravens, and said "Here go run routes and try not to get your head knocked off," he'd probably look like an idiot, regardless of how athletic he is. Whereas you were asserting that he wouldn't "look awkward" like Streeter does.
    I don't know why you're quoting wouldn't "look awkward" cause I certainly didn't say that.

I'm saying to criticize a guy because he doesn't look "athletic" because he looks like a "basketball player" is absurd.

I don't know why you're quoting wouldn't "look awkward" cause I certainly didn't say that.

I'm saying to criticize a guy because he doesn't look "athletic" because he looks like a "basketball player" is absurd.
    The exact quote was "slightly clumsy basketball player". Apparently you misread that as "all basketball players are clumsy".
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    The exact quote was "slightly clumsy basketball player". Apparently you misread that as "all basketball players are clumsy".
    This.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    This.
    Fair enough. I did misread it then.

But, in my defense, even a slightly clumsy guard would more than have enough hands to play WR in the NFL. ;)

Fair enough. I did misread it then.

But, in my defense, even a slightly clumsy guard would more than have enough hands to play WR in the NFL. ;)
    Ha, I bet Jon Daley could be a good NFL guard.

Blog Entries

where are all these reports that Streeter is horrible? Ive been following it pretty closely and the common theme is nobody is standing out. Im not sure how that becomes Streeter hasnt progressed and is no longer in contention for a roster spot. We havent even had our first PS game yet. I think its early and them all being relatively equal, isnt necessarily a bad thing at this point. theyll separate themselves during game action.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    where are all these reports that Streeter is horrible? Ive been following it pretty closely and the common theme is nobody is standing out. Im not sure how that becomes Streeter hasnt progressed and is no longer in contention for a roster spot. We havent even had our first PS game yet. I think its early and them all being relatively equal, isnt necessarily a bad thing at this point. theyll separate themselves during game action.
    Overreaction on this board has been on display since we won the Super Bowl. There's a lot of time left before we get a clearer picture on Streeter and many other players. While I'd be disappointed in Streeter if he doesn't make the squad, it will be because other players are better options. I for one am not ready to write him off just yet.