Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Suggs on WJFK "The Junkies"

Suggs was on The Junkies show yesterday.

You can hear the interview on podcast via iTunes (Segment 10, 10/14/08 show). It was also on wjfk.com, but they do not stay up there long.

VERY insightful on how Billick was running the team (or lack thereof) especially some VERY shocking things that Billick would say in team meetings. I had to go back and listen a second time to make sure I heard it right.

If what Suggs said during their interview about Billick is true, I can see why Billick is now an ex head coach.

Definitely worth a listen.

EDIT: I am paraphrasing, but (according to Suggs) Billick was a defeatest in the locker room. He would routinely write-off games as a loss and say so in front of the players. If this is true, that's completely inexcusable from an NFL head coach.

Here is the link .... its about a quarter of the way down.

http://www.wjfk.com/pages/1460207.php
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 10-15-2008 at 01:21 PM.

Re: Suggs on WJFK "The Junkies"

Wow, that was a great segment beyond the Billick portion. Those guys are funny as hell, and it didn't sound like he was expecting Baltimore to pay him what he wants. Which would be fine if we spent it on giving Flacco some weapons or maybe some younger DB's etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven
    I am paraphrasing, but (according to Suggs) Billick was a defeatest in the locker room. He would routinely write-off games as a loss and say so in front of the players.
    I haven't listened to this yet (thanks for the link, btw), but I find the above extremely hard to beleive. You can criticize Billick for a number of reasons, many justified, but he has never been a quitter, and definitely not a defeatist.

Brian basically said that same exact thing to the media .... You win all your home games, and you try to steal a few on the road since road games are so tough. Nothing new. In case you haven't noticed, Billick repeated the same adages 1000s of times. He may have changed a few words in the way he said it, but it was the same message.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I haven't listened to this yet (thanks for the link, btw), but I find the above extremely hard to beleive. You can criticize Billick for a number of reasons, many justified, but he has never been a quitter, and definitely not a defeatist.
    I am telling you, it shocked the hell out of me when he said it. Suggs didnt hint at it either. He very clearly called out Billick.

And I am sorry, but ravensnhokies account is not even close to what Suggs said in the interview IMO.

what one man hears is not always what one man says.

thats deep bro. i like it!

I went to iTunes and they've got March as the most recent release...wtf?

- C -

I download them everyday. Must be user error. ;)

POPS, you clearly didnt listen. Suggs wasnt vague about it at all. Not even close.

Blog Entries

Here is the direct link to the MP3 download (may or may not work):http://www.wjfk.com/episode_download...tentId=2986329

HoustonRaven I was commenting about the one portion of the segment when they were criticizing Billick. Nothing more. My post was actually negative of Billick b/c I got tired of hearing that same 'You hold serve at home and try to steal a few on the road' statement he would reiterate a 1000x. Before you make a broad comment on what I meant, get the facts straight next time.

Blog Entries

Anita Marks was referencing comments made by him on HIS radio show last week yesterday...Suggs has acknowledged that, likely, we're going to lose 2 out of 3 starting LB FAs this year. We probably only have enough money to sign just Ray, just Bart, or just Suggs. Also, Suggs said he would not take less money to stay a Raven.

I can't blame the guy, but it does dishearten me to hear him say he wouldn't give us the "hometown discount"
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!