Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4849505152 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Well, if Caldwell is going to maintain the Coryell based system and run it more to it's truest form, wouldn't two burners on the outside better fit it? In fact, Dickson would be a better fit for it than Pitta, if he could catch.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Most likely true, but the beauty of a new season with a new OC is that the offense doesn't have to remain the same and the team doesn't have to find a plug & play 'replacement' player. The offense will be adjusted according to the personnel if the coaching staff is any good (which they are).
    Right after I wrote about it I read somewhere that Torrey is running curl and out patterns in practice. Shows what I know. Makes sense to add to his repertoire from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You're right.

That's what I get for believing people on my FB feed.

Still though. 77 yards?!?!?

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...7&media-type=N
    I was at camp today watching him. He hit a couple 50+ (one was 55 I think) with 15 yards to spare, EASILY. And he didn't miss anything that I saw. His technique is pure, like a robot...and his leg acceleration is amazing. And he's so thin.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...0-5d46648763b2

Wide receiver Torrey Smith made the play of the day with a one-handed catch on a pass that was thrown a bit behind him. Smith then used his free hand to toss a defender to the ground before running up-field for a first down. Quarterback Joe Flacco yelled, “Nice catch!” and went out of his way to congratulate him.
    Flacco showed good command of the snap count, as he caught the defense in transition once during red-zone drills, then quick-snapped them during 11-on-11 work to pick up a fourth-down conversion on a handoff to running back Bernard Pierce.
    Rookie outside linebacker John Simon heard from Defensive Coordinator Dean Pees after not holding the edge on one play. A few plays later, Simon got a sack on Flacco during 11-on-11 drills.
    I've been anxious to hear about Simon

-
    Known for his pass-rushing skills, outside linebacker Adrian Hamilton found himself deep in coverage during 11-on-11 drills. He made a nice pass-breakup on a pass from Tyrod Taylor intended for Shiancoe.
    Hamilton has had a good camp.

Some Pics

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,6988010.story

DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK: There may not be anyone better at throwing the deep comeback than Joe Flacco. It is one of the most difficult and dangerous throws for a quarterback to make, but Flacco makes it look so easy. Flacco fired accurate passes on comebacks to Jacoby Jones and LaQuan Williams as they were making their breaks. He also picked up first downs on a curl route by Tandon Doss and a deep out to Torrey Smith. Those type of intermediate throws to the speedy Smith will be like stealing if Smith learns to run those routes half as well as Derrick Mason did.
    MAKING NOISE: Safety Anthony Levine, a two-year NFL veteran, has stood out the past few days. He isn't afraid to get physical. He got trucked by running back Anthony Allen on one play but made the tackle. On the next play, he responded by drilling Billy Bajema with a loud hit to the tight end's back as he caught a short pass. Levine is battling for the fourth safety spot.
    BIG BROWN: Marlon Brown, a rookie free agent out of Georgia, is finally practicing fully after tearing his ACL in November. At 6-feet-5, Brown is an easy guy to spot when he is on the field. The receiver made a couple of catches in team drills Friday. It's too early to draw conclusions, but if he has some skill to go with that size, he could be a player the Ravens try to stash on their practice squad.

Blog Entries

In the first picture Torrey Smith looks like the guy who played Judas in the 1973 film "Jesus Christ Superstar."

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    In the first picture Torrey Smith looks like the guy who played Judas in the 1973 film "Jesus Christ Superstar."
    Maybe a little bit.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...electedIndex=5

Marlon Brown from NFL.com draft write up:

STRENGTHS Tall, strong pass-catcher with potential. Was used inside to create mismatches with his height, but also to take advantage of his surprising foot quickness to get off the line and making cuts. Possesses size, strength and stride to be a vertical threat on the outside, as well. Presents a big target over the middle with his frame and catch radius. Snatches the ball in front of his frame and can adjust for high and wide throws adeptly. Red zone weapon. Comes back for the ball when the quarterback scrambles. Works hard after the catch, uses length to stiff-arm defensive backs trying to make a tackle. Willing run blocker who chases down targets and uses his length and agility to sustain downfield.

WEAKNESSES Has had injury and consistency issues throughout his career. Loses concentration on easier throws when trying to make a play before securing the ball. Straight-line speed is a question mark. Must prove he can use his hands to beat NFL defenders in press whether lined up outside or inside, as well as extend his arms to gain separation downfield. Long legs allow him to be tripped up in space and gives defenders a lot of area to tackle in tight quarters.

NFL COMPARISON David Nelson

BOTTOM LINE Brown is a physically imposing receiver who had great expectations as Tennessee’s Mr. Football winner as the state’s top high school player in 2008. Injuries throughout his career have really derailed his growth as a prospect. Brown’s size and surprising quickness will surely intrigue teams in the undrafted free agent process if he shows that he's fully recovered from his ACL tear.

SIZE: 6'4" 213#

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profil...own?id=2540005

Sounds like a good practice squad player for a year. Could become a beastly possession-type WR.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, if Caldwell is going to maintain the Coryell based system and run it more to it's truest form, wouldn't two burners on the outside better fit it? In fact, Dickson would be a better fit for it than Pitta, if he could catch.
    I think Caldwell is going to do whatever he think will work best with the guys he's got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I remember reading quite a bit about Marlon Brown while he was at Georgia. Had he not gotten hurt, he probably would have at least been a mid rounder.

Tons of upside.

Tommy Streeter is faster, but when comparing the two it is easy to see that Brown has better hands and is more of a fluid receiver.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Ishtty situation, but with 2 strikes against, he needed to ensure his forms were not only sent (which they apparently weren't), but also received.
    Also, if this truly was the team doctor then who was it supposed to be (above him in our organization) that should have tied up all of his loose ends?
    It's not my fault, but I do take responsibility for it? Ummm....that's not taking responsibility. He still doesn't get it.