Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Ravens Projected 53 Man Roster (updated version 2).1

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I simply asked for you to show me.

PP
    PP, you're a funny guy.

Its never about a real conversation with you, its always about 'winning' the argument, I guess?

I guess your one-line response above wins it?

The fact is Aaron said what he's said, and you're not going to find it in any transcript. But really, whatever. Even without that, I think its pretty clear to anyone else that the local media sans WNST has a hard-on for Smith. Its just funny to me because Aaron has admitted as such.

You guys are too much.

I've read Wilson be highly critical of Smith on numerous occasions, including over the weekend when he described Smith as being "terrible" during practice.

PP

But read his public articles, especially about the pre-season game.

Listen to him on the radio.

Although CBD is disputing it, what he says in the Scout insider forum is irrelevant to the point. His public writing reeks of bias, and that is plain fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    PP, you're a funny guy.

Its never about a real conversation with you, its always about 'winning' the argument, I guess?

I guess your one-line response above wins it?

The fact is Aaron said what he's said, and you're not going to find it in any transcript. But really, whatever. Even without that, I think its pretty clear to anyone else that the local media sans WNST has a hard-on for Smith. Its just funny to me because Aaron has admitted as such.
    What's funny is that a people have accused Aaron of being a Troy Smith basher as well as a Boller basher.

Explain that one. Or let me. People have their own views about the situation before they read what anyone reports about it. Those views (which have been years in the making one way or the other) obviously skew the reader's take on the reports IMO.

I don't think either Troy or Kyle is a decent option for a starting QB. I think most people agree on that.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    But read his public articles, especially about the pre-season game.

Listen to him on the radio.

Although CBD is disputing it, what he says in the Scout insider forum is irrelevant to the point. His public writing reeks of bias, and that is plain fact.
    And yet people have accused him of the exact opposite.

How is your opinion that he's biased a plain fact?

PP

And yet people have accused him of the exact opposite.

How is your opinion that he's biased a plain fact?

PP
    It's really easy. Simply read what he writes on this site, in the CC Times. Listen to him on the radio.

It's fairly undeniable really.

In fact I have NEVER heard anyone call Aaron Wilson a Troy Smith basher.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    It's really easy. Simply read what he writes on this site, in the CC Times. Listen to him on the radio.

It's fairly undeniable really.

In fact I have NEVER heard anyone call Aaron Wilson a Troy Smith basher.
    I do read what he writes. I've seen him give both Boller and Smith bad and reviews of their play.

The dude reports what he sees and it seems like you guys don't like it.

Honestly, it's like he's saying something bad about a friend or yours or something.

PP

To me, Aaron has seemed to take a very strong against anything Boller stance, so as a direct result, he appears to be pushing for Smith. I personally do not like his now taking sides way of reporting so I have stopped listening to his Saturday show on WNST. Maybe he is looking to progress his career, and become a Mike Preston, Jay Marriotti, Woody Page type, stating your opinions instead of unbiased reporting. Unfortunately, I got to face facts that opinions sell in sports and unbiased reporting is boring.
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 08-11-2008 at 04:43 PM.

I do read what he writes. I've seen him give both Boller and Smith bad and reviews of their play.

The dude reports what he sees and it seems like you guys don't like it.

Honestly, it's like he's saying something bad about a friend or yours or something.

PP
    Oh come on. 2 paragraphs on Boller's two misfires in the preseason game, and 2 sentences on Troy Smith and you'd think he was almost perfect.

It's plain as day in print. It's not as though these are hidden insider articles.

And so far PP multiple people are stepping up and saying the same thing. You are the only one that doesn't seem to see it right now.

Anyone care to guess who wrote this?

Hint: It's one of the big bad media members out to ruin Kyle Boller.

Watching Ravens quarterback Troy Smith perform the last two days has been difficult. He looks bad. The entire offense has looked lethargic as well, but you hope that the quarterback can make a play or two to get things going. Nothing. Granted, the offensive line has performed poorly, and the running backs won't pick up blitzes. But even when Smith has time to throw, he has been inaccurate. Maybe it's just a dry spell Smith is going through, or maybe he has lost confidence in his offensive line. But if he plays this poorly Saturday night against the Vikings, then it will be no contest as to which quarterback will start the regular-season opener. One day it would be fun to go to practice and watch an offense that can light up a defense.

How about today's QB watch? I mean, if Aaron Wilson is so in the bag for Smith, how come he says his stock is falling? This isn't insider info. It's from the front page of this website.

Troy Smith

Positives: Didn't bail out under a heavy pass rush, gamely remaining in the pocket to give his receivers a chance. Displayed a quick gun on a sideline throw to Derrick Mason.

Negatives: Sacked four times under extreme blitz pressure with shoddy protection. When he repeatedly struggled in third-and-long situations, Corey Ivy exclaimed: "Defense, everybody lay down!"

Stock: Falling again as he heads into his first preseason start with two consecutive poor practices.

Kyle Boller
    Positives: Only sacked once. Connected with Marcus Smith on a sharp, deep sideline throw. It was easily the top pass of the day as the quarterbacks struggled collectively.

Negatives: Had several incompletions. Overthrowing his targets too often. Needs to make the most of his snaps as the coaches prepare Smith to start.

Stock: Holding steady as he's essentially in limbo until after the Vikings game.

That first paragraph sounds like it was written by someone who was very disappointed to e seeing what he was seeing, and wished that he had positive things to wrote about Troy, but he didn't.

Andthe second set of snippets? Kyle fairs much better under the blitz pressre, throws the best ball of the day and he is "holding steady"...

The defensive backfield jokes that they don't even need to play and Troy is "falling again"....
    It sounds like there was NOTHING positive to write, what do you want him to make things up.
    Last edited by jonboy79; 08-11-2008 at 05:59 PM.

Anyone care to guess who wrote this?

Hint: It's one of the big bad media members out to ruin Kyle Boller.

Poe, I'm going to try to say this simply so you understand what I'm saying.

Multiple people and Media sources witness training camp. So in a camp that Troy Smith plainly SUCKS in, its not possible for Aaron or a Mike Preston to deny the bad play, or else they lose their journalistic integrity. They're not going to make things up completely.

The manipulation comes in when you deal with the gray areas like that Preseason Game against the Pats, or other camp days where Smith isn't putrid, but isn't good either.

Typically, He goes ahead to praise Smith or say Smith's stock is "rising" despite reports otherwise. Then goes onto say that Boller looked "bad" when there are plenty of impartial sources like Tony Lombardi's factual throw by throw reports of camp that say otherwise.

In the particular snippet you posted, he said Boller's stock was the same although looking better than Troy and Troy stinking.

And again, I know for a fact Aaron has said in the VIP section that he is against Boller starting, and has his insider source that says Smith is starting regardless. And has said that his reports reflect this opinion as otherwise there isn't much to report. If you missed reading it, oh well. But he said it.

Aaron wasn't always like this, BTW. He used to be a lot more impartial. But I think he's trying to feed his family and what sells in sports reporting recently is reporters / "analysts" giving opinions. I mean look at ESPN. I can't fault him for trying to get paid, but I can disagree with his passing opinion on as fact.

You can even see the difference in how he talks about Preston's work now versus a few years ago.

That first paragraph soundsliek it was written by someone who was very disappointed to e seeign what he was seeing, and wihed that he had posu=itive things to wrote about Troy, but he didn't.

Andthe second setof snippets? Kyle fairs much better under the blitz pressre, throws the best ball of the day and he is "holding steady"...

The defensive backfield jokes that they don't even need to play and Troy i s"falling again"....
    It sounds like there was NOTHING positive to write, what do you want him to make things up.
    Couldn't have said it better, Jonboy. The bias is obvious.

Things change I guess.
    Last edited by ClericBlackDave; 08-11-2008 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Poe, I'm going to try to say this simply so you understand what I'm saying.

Multiple people and Media sources witness training camp. So in a camp that Troy Smith plainly SUCKS in, its not possible for Aaron or a Mike Preston to deny the bad play, or else they lose their journalistic integrity.

The manipulation comes in when you deal with the gray areas like that Preseason Game against the Pats, or other camp days where Smith isn't putrid.

He goes ahead to praise Smith or say Smith's stock is "rising" despite reports otherwise. Then goes onto say that Boller looked "bad" when there are plenty of impartial sources like Tony Lombardi's factual throw by throw reports of camp that say otherwise.

And again, Aaron has said in the VIP section that he is against Boller starting, and has his insider source that says Smith is starting regardless. And has said that his reports reflect this opinion as otherwise there isn't much to report.

Aaron wasn't always like this, BTW. He used to be a lot more impartial. But I think he's trying to feed his family and what sells in sports reporting recently is reporters / "analysts" giving opinion. I mean look at ESPN. I can't fault him for trying to get paid, but I can disagree with his passing opinion on as fact.

You can even see the difference in how he talks about Preston's work now versus a few years ago.

Things change I guess.
    LOL.

Dave, I see you haven't lost your arrogance. Are you still reading books and writing papers so that you can come off as more intelligent than everyone else on the board?

I post two things that aren't Pro Smith/Anti Boller from the people you accuse of being biased.

And your response is telling me that because there are multiple media members at camp Aaron must write something he doesn't believe? That's basically saying that Aaron, if he viewed a practice by himself with no other media members, would write positive for Troy and negative for Boller.

Is that what you are saying? That Aaron only writes negatives about Smith because other people are sitting next to him watching the same practice? That's pretty damning.

And I have never seen him say he's against starting Boller. Ever.

I'm done with this conversation. You come back and all of a sudden it's a crying session for Kyle Boller. AGAIN. It's old and tiresome.

At least move this junk to the QB forum.

PP