Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Situation in Iraq

Let it happen in Iraq, wait for who ever is left standing, then make a decision. Democracy isn't working like it is here in America. When they come to your door at night and haul you away with a bunch of others and no one helps, that's bad. The Iraqi government was supported by America and had backup. Now they have the same old same old, next religious group up. Surprised that they waited this long to fall apart. Won't make me sad to read or watch the news describing what's happening with the violence going on in Iraq. They had a chance for democracy but let their extremist leaders make the decisions.
    For those that served and made the sacrifices. it's a slap in the face. Families have suffered with the decisions made by Bush and Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Let it happen in Iraq, wait for who ever is left standing, then make a decision. Democracy isn't working like it is here in America. When they come to your door at night and haul you away with a bunch of others and no one helps, that's bad. The Iraqi government was supported by America and had backup. Now they have the same old same old, next religious group up. Surprised that they waited this long to fall apart. Won't make me sad to read or watch the news describing what's happening with the violence going on in Iraq. They had a chance for democracy but let their extremist leaders make the decisions.
    For those that served and made the sacrifices. it's a slap in the face. Families have suffered with the decisions made by Bush and Obama.
    +1

We should never have gone there in the first place. Absolutely nothing was gained...and too much was lost.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Better still, you have some people who think this is happening because we pulled out. Looking at you John McCain. Were we suppose to stay there indefinitely?

Baghdad will be a bloodbath.
    First of all thank you for your service to our country.

IMO we should have never went into Iraq to begin with, but once that decision was made there should have been a commitment for the long haul, or else don't do it. We have been in Korea for 64 years and counting. We still have troops in Germany. It is in our best interest to have a stabile government in Iraq. Allowing these radical Muslim groups like ISIS to topple the current government and expand in a country that is one of the worlds largest oil producing regions is not going to be pretty. We will be back there, it's just a matter of when.

I just wish our politicians would do what's in the best interest of our country instead of making decisions based on campaign promises and votes.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Agreed that we never should have gone in the first place.

But once we got involved, we needed to see it through. Pulling out totally hastened this uprising.

To quote Slim Charles "Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean, shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight."

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    First of all thank you for your service to our country.

IMO we should have never went into Iraq to begin with, but once that decision was made there should have been a commitment for the long haul, or else don't do it. We have been in Korea for 64 years and counting. We still have troops in Germany. It is in our best interest to have a stabile government in Iraq. Allowing these radical Muslim groups like ISIS to topple the current government and expand in a country that is one of the worlds largest oil producing regions is not going to be pretty. We will be back there, it's just a matter of when.

I just wish our politicians would do what's in the best interest of our country instead of making decisions based on campaign promises and votes.
    Your welcome.

Agree, with should have never gone in. But as you said once the decision was made... The problem was we didn't have a plan after invading. Didn't have a plan to pull out properly (Obama wanted to stay but the Iraqis wouldn't sign the SOFA, Status Of Forces Agreement). And now don't have a plan about what to do with ISIS. Classic FUBAR.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Classic FUBAR.
    Agreed.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agreed that we never should have gone in the first place.

But once we got involved, we needed to see it through. Pulling out totally hastened this uprising.

To quote Slim Charles "Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean, shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight."
    I played bball with Slim Charles a few years back. That dude is no joke like 6'7".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.