Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Ravens Rumormill: R. Lewis campaigning for T. Smith? This and more from Westminster

Maybe Ray should just shut up and play. He needs to be a leader on the field, not in the coach’s corner or in the front office. Haven’t we all been down this road before with not so good results?

More on Ray Lewis and the Ravens Grapevine HERE

Re: More from the Rumormill: Ray Lewis campaigning for T. Smith?

Ray Lewis is only a leader when the camera is on him. I can't believe people still fall for his act.

This is Biscotti's fault. He kisses Ray's ass and completely cuts the legs out from under the coaches and management. It's the exact same think Angelos did when he took over the O's with Palmiero, Ripken and Anderson.

I know Biscotti gets the local free pass form the ultra-provincial fans here in town, but it's no coincidence all the locker room problems coincide with Mr. Management taking over.
    Last edited by RavinDonnie; 08-12-2008 at 07:14 AM.

This is nothing more then what we already started in another thread.

I always find it funny that an out of town news source and / or rumor sites say this stuff and people here lap it up like a dog needing water.

The Setting Sun and / or this site wouldnt hesitate for one second to print something that proves this theory about Ray -- especially Preston. Yet, the only way this issues ever comes up is from the before mentioned rumor sites and out of towners who dont have a reporters anywhere close to our training camp.

Ray is most certainly not perfect -- we all know his past issues. But this story line is just laughable. Maybe Ray made a comment "I think Troy should start" in ear shot of a blogger. Or he even did go to Harbaugh. So what? The man who we have come to know as the most opinionated player on the team is all of a sudden not allowed to voice said opinion?!?!

The bigger problem would be if Harbs / Bisciotti actually did make decisions based on what Ray said -- and there isnt one shred of evidence that shows this is happening.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 08-12-2008 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The bigger problem would be if Harbs / Bisciotti actually did make decisions based on what Ray said -- and there isnt one shred of evidence that shows this is happening.
    Exactly! And you can bet that that will never be the case with this coaching structure in place. So let's move on to something more substantive, like all of their freaking injuries.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

I think there's a little more in the article than just this bit about Ray and Troy. I've altered the working title...thanks for the heads up

Re: Ravens Rumormill: R. Lewis campaigning for T. Smith? This and more from Westminster

A leader of a football team is expected to do more than "just shut up and play" Tony.

Ray has a responsibility to keep his comments to the media limited to PC PR BS, but if behind closed doors is sick of Kyle fumbling away seasons, he has every right to say so.

If he thinks Troy is the best QB on the team, he should say so to his coaches. Then the coach makes the decision. Just because Ray is entitled to an opinion, it is the media who infer his opinion is law.

Re: Ravens Rumormill: R. Lewis campaigning for T. Smith? This and more from Westminster

JW,

IMO there's a difference between being a leader on the field and exerting his influence to exact certain personnel moves. That is NOT his job!

The coaches and front office are paid to field the best team. Ray is paid to be the leader of the defense, even the team. He should NOT be bigger than the team, and that's something that this organization has allowed to happen too often in the past. They are getting away from that.

Besides, it's quite possible that Ray might not even be here next year. After all who would have thought that Brett Favre would leave Green Bay to go to New York.

It's business and personnel is not Ray's business.

Maybe you disagree...and that's ok. Hopefully Ozzie agrees with me.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    IMO there's a difference between being a leader on the field and exerting his influence to exact certain personnel moves. That is NOT his job!
    What influence? Suppose the rumors are true and Ray went to Harbs / Bisciotti / Ozzie and said "I think Troy is our QB". Ok, and? Do you really think Bisciotti said "Oh yes sir, right away sir, he is our guy now for sure"? Do you really think a first year head coach would say the same thing? And you really think someone of Ozzie's ego is really going to allow Ray to effect his decisions?

If it did happen, you look at Ray, say "Thanks for your input" and then make up your own mind -- and there is every indication out there that is what is in fact happening.

The problem with this rumor is nobody is bothering to go the extra step and seeing how it would play out if true. It flat out doent make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    What influence? Suppose the rumors are true and Ray went to Harbs / Bisciotti / Ozzie and said "I think Troy is our QB". Ok, and? Do you really think Bisciotti said "Oh yes sir, right away sir, he is our guy now for sure"? Do you really think a first year head coach would say the same thing? And you really think someone of Ozzie's ego is really going to allow Ray to effect his decisions?

If it did happen, you look at Ray, say "Thanks for your input" and then make up your own mind -- and there is every indication out there that is what is in fact happening.

The problem with this rumor is nobody is bothering to go the extra step and seeing how it would play out if true. It flat out doent make sense.

Bisciotti is on record saying the players had influence on his decision to can Billick. Ray and others have learned that under the Biscuit they can get their way by being vocal and disruptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Bisciotti is on record saying the players had influence on his decision to can Billick. Ray and others have learned that under the Biscuit they can get their way by being vocal and disruptive.
    Proof? Link? Bisciotti has NEVER said such on record or off. Not once. Ever.

And what has Ray or any other player got what they wanted by being vocal? They all wanted Rex as the new Head Coach. See how well that turned out?

Suggs is being very disruptive and where did it get him? The Francshise tag.

Ditto for CMac a few years back.

Jamal bitched for two years and now he plays for the Browns.

Any more rumors you care to spread?

If you guys think that I can't go to my group's Sr Director and say "I think [my coworker X at my same level] isn't getting the job done and here are three reasons/examples why he's hurting the team" and influence his decision on whether or not to get rid of that person, you're crazy.

Not only CAN I do this, I SHOULD BE ABLE to do this.

Do I make the hiring/firing decisions? No, not by a long shot.

But if my managers/executives won't take me seriously and would tell me to shut up and do my job when I have feedback on who's making the team stronger or weaker, then I'm not in a particularly healthy environment, and I would expect that team wouldn't be particularly successful over time.

I'm okay with Ray voicing his opinions and having a little influence, IF that's even what's going on here, which we don't know...

- C -

Some of you folks just need to keep living in "Imaginationland". It's probably best if you don't look at what's really going on with this team. The inmates run the asylum and they have for the past few years now. This team will not win another championship until that changes.