Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Who else is spent?

This after last night's Maryland-Miami game, what a weekend.

I'm just glad I got back in for the 2nd half to just see the 2nd half of this one. :D

Talking Re: Who else is spent?

Jamel is done, but this is a different team. The strenght of the offense is the receivers. Who you going to cover, Williams, Heap, Mason or Clayton. This ain't no trash heap.

Wink Re: Who else is spent?

I DVR'd the game, basically skipping the first Q meltdown. It was a lot less stressful the 2nd time around!

:nm:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I didn't even scream when we won - just like relief. Between these guys and the Terps football team, I am going to absolutely die by the end of the season.
    We screamed we yelled, I'm going to end up in CCU if they playing like this.
    Last edited by Drkraven; 11-13-2006 at 05:26 PM.

I'm exhausted from watching that. Was at Max's and the atmosphere was fantastic - I haven't jumped over a table and high fived that many people since the Seattle comeback.

I'd rather have a comfortable 17 point victory, but you have to admit that was one hell of a game. Hopefully as we got the victory, the many mental errors, seeming lack of motivation early and poor execution will be learned from and corrected for the run-in to the end of the season.

Blog Entries

Yeah, the end of that game was really heart attack time, and like the rest of you, an incredible sense of relief when that kick was blocked. Re the performance, or lack thereof, in the first quarter, Aaron wrote some good articles on the front page of ravens.scout.com. An exerpt:

“Our inside linebacker went down in the first series and we were scrambling,” linebacker Bart Scott said. “We had to bring up a guy, who, for the first eight weeks, he was on the practice squad. “He thought he was going to be serving in a special-teams capacity, but he ended up having to be our starting linebacker after not taking any snaps on defense this year. Some people were forced to step up that we never expected to come up.”

Trevor Pryce also said that, without Ray, they were making up defenses on the fly.

I hadn't realized that Mike Smith went down in the first series, and kept screaming at the TV "Why does the D look so flat??" Well, it took Dennis Haley a little time to settle in, and for the others to develop the timing with him. It's great that they did get that done , and not a momemt too soon!

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Smoke and mirrors won't work against quality teams, or in the playoffs.

The Ravens had better act like a veteran team and bring their "A" game every week or we'll get a rude surprise in early January.

Ill bet fans in Denver,Indy Atlanta, Jax, K.C.and NE are saying the same thing right now.There are no dominant teams this year and everyone has weaknesses but we are finding a way to win.

I must admit I never expected a dismal performance like they started out with yesterday, we were damn lucky to squeak out a victory. I wish we had never resigned Jamal, he's useless, if I hear one more time how he needs 762 touches to get in rythym I'm going to hurl! and excuse me but why the hell is our defense having to "make stuff up on the fly"? I thought Rex was such a great DC. It's not like they didn't know Lewis was going to miss, somebody must have had a clue on that. All in all, a very disappointing day, other than the final outcome which I guess is all that matters.:grbac:

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I think they had to "make up defenses on the fly" because Haley just isn't as good as Mike Smith and of course, Ray. So they had to start adjusting to what he could do. Since he had not played with the defense they had no idea, thus making it up on the fly. And to Ryan's credit, eventually they found a way to stop the run with Haley out there.

Between the Terps & the Ravens, I was in bed at 830 last night. My wife keeps telling me to calm down before I wind up in the hospital. Let's all make sure we get sent to the same hospital.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    I'm exhausted from watching that. Was at Max's and the atmosphere was fantastic - I haven't jumped over a table and high fived that many people since the Seattle comeback.
    hey Fells, is Max's still a Stealer* Bar? I haven't been in there for years. I have been boycoting the place for a few years. I went inthere on gameday a few years back (mayabe quite a few years back) and the place was full of Stealers* fans and the bar was decorated in black and yellow.
    Section 106 from start to finish!

WHAT? NO! I've been going there for away games since about 2001 and haven't ever seen any squeeler allegiances. Yes, the odd squeeler fan shows up as they show every team's game, but the majority of the clientele are Ravens fans. Yesterday the entire place was awash with purple.

The only time I ever heard Pittsburgh-related support was after one of their late season wins, and that fat bastard Bulldog started twirling a terrible towel and sang 'here we go Pittsburgh, here we go' on the WJZ post-game show. Don't think anyone joined in.

I will be back there tonight for MNF, so will ask the bar tenders if there is a sordid squeeler-bar related history and, if so, if the parties responsible have since been burned at the stake.