Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Tampa trying to trade TE Kellen Winslow

Andrew Brandt just tweeted ....

Everyone knows they'll cut him. RT @KasyRay Any chance that a team would actually give up something for Winslow?

Blog Entries

Dropped passes get on my nerves.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Who, when healthy, is also one of the best receiving TE's in the NFL...even at 33 years old.

I agree with everyone for the most part, but just to play devil's advocate:

Last year our most athletic TE (Dickson) had some major inconsistencies in catching the ball and throughout that entire process Cam insisted on keeping him as the #1 TE.

Now, Winslow isn't an amazing TE by any stretch of the imagination, but he is way more athletic and way more of a natural receiver and say what you want, but I've never really seen him drop passes like Dickson does.

Would that be worth the #3 TE spot or in certain packages? They're obviously tinkering around with some other TE's on the roster and aren't real stoked about Davon Drew as the #3.
    Agree on Dallas Clark being one of the best but how effective can he really be without Peyton throwing him the ball and losing the familiarity he had with Indy's playbook. His new team will have a different QB, different schemes. So I think in some ways he's handicapped.

As for Winslow I'm more concerned as to whether he has a ravens type personality. Entertaining the thought of acquiring him now wouldn't make sense. I would only acquire him when he gets cut and if our TE depth takes a hit due to injuries. Then he would be a more compelling acquisition.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Andrew Brandt just tweeted ....
    No doubt. I figured they would cut him.

I'm sure Greg Schiano pulled all of their known knuckleheads (Mike Williams, LeGarrett Blount, Aqib Talib, KW, Donald Penn, etc) into a room and said shape up or get shipped out.

So far Tanard Jackson and Geno Hayes have been dropped and now KW. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Mike Williams or Blount's name pop up on the trading block.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96
    As for Winslow I'm more concerned as to whether he has a ravens type personality. Entertaining the thought of acquiring him now wouldn't make sense. I would only acquire him when he gets cut and if our TE depth takes a hit due to injuries. Then he would be a more compelling acquisition.
    I agree and honestly, I don't think he's a personality that would mesh well with this offense because he wouldn't be the star.

The only reason I could see him leaving the attitude at the door is because of his U connections with McKinnie, Ray, and Ed Reed.

Blog Entries

Unless Blount is going to shape himself into the team's first down back, there will be no need to keep him, because it will take a while for him to become a three-down back.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Unless Blount is going to shape himself into the team's first down back, there will be no need to keep him, because it will take a while for him to become a three-down back.
    Guaranteed Doug Martin is the opening day starter.

Blog Entries

Well, they said that this is what Tampa Bay needed. They said that this is what Greg Schiano would do. Now, he's doing it.

Blog Entries

Guaranteed Doug Martin is the opening day starter.
    ...and Josh Freeman will be better from it, by mid-season.

Is this the part where we talk about how Ray Lewis can mentor him and get him on the right track?
    LOL ...at least one dipshit will.

...and Josh Freeman will be better from it, by mid-season.
    So losing a 60/700 vet guy at TE in favor of a rookie is going to somehow make Freeman better? LOL.

I was quite shocked to look at Winslows health, age and production recently. Not at all what I thought it was.

If he gets released he will have his choice of teams, and I would be shocked if TB couldn't get something for him. (Although I haven't seen the contract so that could be a factor)

Blog Entries

Who, when healthy, is also one of the best receiving TE's in the NFL...even at 33 years old.

I agree with everyone for the most part, but just to play devil's advocate:

Last year our most athletic TE (Dickson) had some major inconsistencies in catching the ball and throughout that entire process Cam insisted on keeping him as the #1 TE.

Now, Winslow isn't an amazing TE by any stretch of the imagination, but he is way more athletic and way more of a natural receiver and say what you want, but I've never really seen him drop passes like Dickson does.

Would that be worth the #3 TE spot or in certain packages? They're obviously tinkering around with some other TE's on the roster and aren't real stoked about Davon Drew as the #3.

Truthfully, Dallas Clark might not even make their squad except for depth. Tampa has some nice young talent at TE.

Luke Stocker (whom many compared to Jason Witten), Chase Coffman, Zach Pianalto (very underrated TE out of UNC), and 2 rookie TE's.
    You really think Winslow would be content to sit behind anyone? I don't see it. If he's not starting he's going to be complaining.