Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Preseason Around The League Game Thread

Markus Wheaton was a guy some on here coveted (myself included) and he's look pretty solid so far making catches over the middle and a tough sideline catch that was called back.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Markus Wheaton was a guy some on here coveted (myself included) and he's look pretty solid so far making catches over the middle and a tough sideline catch that was called back.
    He's going to be a good player. I think if he was here, he'd be the odds on favorite to win the 3rd spot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He's going to be a good player. I think if he was here, he'd be the odds on favorite to win the 3rd spot.
    Yeah, but he went with the 79th pick - 15 spots before the Ravens took Brandon Williams. Unfortunately, sometimes the players just don't fall in line when you're picking, nor would the Ravens have necessarily taken him if he was there at #94.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Yeah, but he went with the 79th pick - 15 spots before the Ravens took Brandon Williams. Unfortunately, sometimes the players just don't fall in line when you're picking, nor would the Ravens have necessarily taken him if he was there at #94.
    I'm fully aware of that and I don't have a problem with how our picks turned out.

Just making a statement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Interesting seems Kosar irritated the 'Great One'.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...onair-comments

In this case I am with Jeff.

Blog Entries

Kosar has always been a tool. I can't believe anyone would hire him to do a game.

Blog Entries

half the highlights from the Steelers-Giants games were blooper mistakes that were recovered for safeties or TDs. LOL.

Jarvis Jones' 2 highlights were a dropped carry he jumped on with no contention, and falling over and barely tripping a guy on a run. Domination!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Interesting seems Kosar irritated the 'Great One'.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...onair-comments

In this case I am with Jeff.
    Can't believe they let this guy on tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Getting back to football, the Jags may have been very smart by drafting Dennard Robinson where they did. He looked alright catching the ball and he was always a talented runner.

He could be a nice gadget player for them.

Gabbert still sucks though.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Kosar has always been a tool. I can't believe anyone would hire him to do a game.

Kosar is still a legend in Cleveland. After seeing him on that 30 for 30 about Miami you would think he was a punch drunk boxer. They should team him with Namath on a radio show...

Second and third team highlights. There was only one safety. That was a comedy of errors. The Steelers QB was Landry Jones. I think he was about 6'4 and 170 lbs. The starters played pretty tight with few errors. How did you expect Jones to recover the ball? In a superhero suit and with a soliloquy? Any LB would have recovered the ball in the same manner. A rookie LB in his first NFL game makes a fumble recovery; that means he was in the right spot at the right time. Good football sense. That is great feeling for a rookie.

Like I said, I think both first teams looked great. It looks as if the Steelers have a running game now. And Bell, who was reportedly outperforming expectations in practice, did not even play. Eli made a spectacular play to Cruz. That, and the reception by Wheaton and another player (can't remember they guy I was half watching) who went up to challenge and flipped backwards were great highlights.

Preseason is interesting football for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    half the highlights from the Steelers-Giants games were blooper mistakes that were recovered for safeties or TDs. LOL.

Jarvis Jones' 2 highlights were a dropped carry he jumped on with no contention, and falling over and barely tripping a guy on a run. Domination!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    Second and third team highlights. There was only one safety. That was a comedy of errors. The Steelers QB was Landry Jones. I think he was about 6'4 and 170 lbs. The starters played pretty tight with few errors. How did you expect Jones to recover the ball? In a superhero suit and with a soliloquy? Any LB would have recovered the ball in the same manner. A rookie LB in his first NFL game makes a fumble recovery; that means he was in the right spot at the right time. Good football sense. That is great feeling for a rookie.

Like I said, I think both first teams looked great. It looks as if the Steelers have a running game now. And Bell, who was reportedly outperforming expectations in practice, did not even play. Eli made a spectacular play to Cruz. That, and the reception by Wheaton and another player (can't remember they guy I was half watching) who went up to challenge and flipped backwards were great highlights.

Preseason is interesting football for sure.
    Jones was really bad but he's on the bottom of the depth chart for a reason. That botched handoff in the endzone may have been the RBs fault, can't tell. He obviously hasn't been getting a lot of reps.

4th quarter of preseason games are tough to watch

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!