Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Best Play in Ravens' History

"I can't remember the year, but there was a hit put on Akili Smith by Rob Burnett (I think) that was the biggest single flattening of a QB that I have seen since watching Gino Marchetti."

That was the 2000 season and happened right in front of us, i thought Akili was dead.....he had no idea what hit him. That play sticks in my mind only because of the sound it made....
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Re: Best Play in Ravens' History

Scott on Big B. Reed on Ocho Stinko.

http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d808ec714

Burnet on Akilli was the worst hit I ever saw a QB take. Including Joe T. The sound was awful, and I was at there, way up and couild literally feel the sound vibrate around the stadium.

Found this on Youtube. The Burnett hit can be found at 1:30.

More than a couple of the defensive plays mentioned above are also hidden in this fine video. Happy watching!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I would add a vote for the Banks to Sharpe TD against Jax in 2000. That play, to me, told the team and the league that they belonged.

I would also add Jamal's 82-yard TD against the Browns in 2003. At least one of those runs belongs on the list, IMO.

Otherwise, great list and I totally agree on the top play.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Found this on Youtube. The Burnett hit can be found at 1:30.

More than a couple of the defensive plays mentioned above are also hidden in this fine video. Happy watching!
    Thank you!
    I grabbed it (and 2 other clips suggested there) converted it from flv to AVI (DivX and MP3 components) and upped it to megaupload for anyone who isn't skilled at "collecting" stuff
    www.megaupload.com/?d=925M274Z

I would put Mitchell's return of the blocked FG at the top of the list. Tennessee was playing better than the Ravens in that game, and the play was a 10-point swing that turned the tide. Without that play, we probably lose the game.

We were so dominant over Denver in the playoff game that no one play was nearly as important.

In terms of thrills, how about Stover kicking the winning FG vs. Seattle to cap the big comeback in '03. Never have so few been so loud. You'd think we had won the Super Bowl.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Burnet on Akilli was the worst hit I ever saw a QB take. Including Joe T. The sound was awful, and I was at there, way up and couild literally feel the sound vibrate around the stadium.
    Agree completely. That was Ben R. times two.

Akili Smith was a different QB after that play. Not just for that game, but for his career.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

My vote would be the Shannon Sharp 96 yard TD in the AFC Championship game.

That was when I really began to really believe we were gonna win it all.

That play just stands out in my mind.

I also love the CMAC return on Monday night and one of my all time favorites was the Ed Reed Sack, forced fumble, fumble recovery, TD all in one play vs the Skins.

But they did not come in huge games.
    HottBirdz...

Too many from the playoffs vs. regular season games which deserve their nod. A few more that I haven't seen mentioned, one of which was from our Superbowl cause IMO it deserves more than the Starks INT...

- Superbowl, Lewis tracking down Tiki on a sweep early in the game. Tiki was one of the fastest in the game, and Lewis took him down before he even turned the corner. That play established just how dominant we were that season and for that game. You could really tell that play sucked the life out of the Gints offense. Like "Man, if we can't even get outside with our fastest guy, how are we gonna make anything work?"

- Faulk's fumble to beat the Colts on their first trip back to Baltimore.

- Lewis crushing Coles across the middle.

- Dilfer's TD pass to cap the come-back scoring drive at the end of regulation vs. the Titans, right after throwing the INT TD.

- Bart Scott leveling Roethlisberger.

- C -

I have 2 favorites.., tho' neither was real important. The short field goal attempt that CMAC returned
    for a TD... including the bone crushing hit by Ray. Then there is the very unimportant play when Jamal ground Porter's face in the dirt at the end of a run....:hammer: Can't buy THAT with mastercard!

The Jermaine Lewis TD return in the Super Bowl. It wasn't just the play but the timing of it as he answer'd the Giants TD return with one of his own.