Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: HELP WANTED: Please Post on Indy Star Board

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Honestly though what purpose does an petition serve, maybe instant comfort?

The only way to act is to call the media and take trip down to Canton and the New york NFL HQ's with a bunch of Baltimore ravens/colt fans and camp out until they make it right. JMHO
    The petition is the first part of this....more to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Very cool of Bernie to sign....

We will amp up our media activities on this again within a week. We want 100,000 signatures. There's no reason why we shouldn't have sigs from everyone who attends Ravens games, IMO....
    Hey Tony, do you know if anyone from the Ravens front office/coaching staff/players have signed?

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hurting View Post
    FWIW I signed. I think somewhere in the early 23,000 range. I think it is going to be hard to get to 100,000 signatures.

B-more doesn't seem to be a very computer savy town. I do not say this based on any real data, but if you watch surveys and such, the inbupt from our region falls below waht would be expected based on population. for example the click for cans campain by campbells soup. They usually only get about 20,000 clicks from the B-more fans and get 500,000 from greenbay. If you think it is just because of the greenbay fanbase well if you checked out last years results, the Bungles had over 100,000 clicks. ?

I have also noticed this on ESPNs surveys. Their surveys allow you to see how the vote is going regionally and the number of participants. Our area has been farly poor.

Hey Dude, Baltimore had over 100,000 clicks for the Campbells soup click for cans, the Ravens finished 13th in that "contest" out of 32 teams.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    Hey Tony, do you know if anyone from the Ravens front office/coaching staff/players have signed?
    I haven't gone through all of those signatures but I know that Eric DeCosta signed it. Not sure about any players. I'll ask Bart Scott to sign it this week when I have him in studio...he, well, let's just say he slipped up last week..

I sent it to Steve Bisciotti's assistant but to my knowledge he has not signed.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Festivus, I hear you! THAT was a lesson learned. I was VERY surprised by the animosity considering they just won the Super Bowl.
    Well, how would you feel if someone from Cleveland did the same thing to us as it pertains to their former team? You'd tell them to "scram" just as I would. With respect to what you are doing (and it seems to have generated some interest) just let it go and be proud of the team we have today. These constant efforts of living in the past-distant past- are a slap in the face to the current franchise.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    Well, how would you feel if someone from Cleveland did the same thing to us as it pertains to their former team? You'd tell them to "scram" just as I would. With respect to what you are doing (and it seems to have generated some interest) just let it go and be proud of the team we have today. These constant efforts of living in the past-distant past- are a slap in the face to the current franchise.
    I can assure you that I will not let it go!

I can also tell you that when Art Modell moved his team here, I didn't think it was right but the NFL forced us to play dirty and steal a team if you will. But if the fans from Cleveland wanted to restore their city's football heritage by properly classifiying NFL greats like Jim Brown and Otto Graham as Cleveland Browns, I would understand.

We are asking the HOF to do the same. Restore our city's football heritage. Present the Baltimore Colts properly. It's what they owe to the players who desire such a change! It's what we owe to future generations of Baltimore football fans!

The purpose of a museum is to present history accurately!

Well they're not.

I love the Ravens as much as anyone. And I love my home town too.

I will not "just let it go."

And with all due respect, I hope there are more who feel as I do than those like you who don't want to fight the good fight.

UNITAS WE STAND

7. Re: HELP WANTED: Please Post on Indy Star Board

Good Tony-

And thank you!
    I dig Prulz, but he is just one of the minority who thinks we should 'get over it'. I love his football posts, but on this we disagree.

Give us back our stuff, and we will then get over it.

If I divorce my wife and she takes my Ricky Martin CD, I'm gonna bitch until I get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    Good Tony-

And thank you!
    I dig Prulz, but he is just one of the minority who thinks we should 'get over it'. I love his football posts, but on this we disagree.

Give us back our stuff, and we will then get over it.

If I divorce my wife and she takes my Ricky Martin CD, I'm gonna bitch until I get it back.
    Now that is funny!

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    Hey Dude, Baltimore had over 100,000 clicks for the Campbells soup click for cans, the Ravens finished 13th in that "contest" out of 32 teams.
    That's better than I thought. I know that in the past we have come up in the bottom of the league. Also how many clicks did the winner have this year? I know Green Bay, and Pukesburgh usually end up in the top spots.
    Section 106 from start to finish!