Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Brown

Jason Brown

Rumors are that the Rams are going to cut Jason Brown and go with Tony Wragge at center. Do you think the Ravens would bring him back at a reasonable price?

Re: Jason Brown

Quote Originally Posted by HHIRaven View Post
    Rumors are that the Rams are going to cut Jason Brown and go with Tony Wragge at center. Do you think the Ravens would bring him back at a reasonable price?
    I'm not gonna pretend I know what kind of player Brown is, I know nothing about the type of player he has been since leaving the Ravens. However, if he's even close to what he was when he was here I would say this would be a perfect solution to the up in the air issue of the Center position. Granted it's at a reasonable rate.

Blog Entries

Some will come to the conclusion that Brown got happy, once he got the money. It will be up to Jason Brown to prove otherwise. Whether or not Brown is back with the Ravens, will depend on Brown.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I think he would be the perfect pick up for the center position as long as he is healthy. His cost will be low. He is familiar with the organization and likewise the organization with him. Sometimes when a player gets cut they feel like they have something to prove. See Mckinnie last year.

Blog Entries

Yes please, provided it's a very cap friendly deal. He already got his big payday, maybe now he's actually ready to play for a team and have a shot at a ring.

Blog Entries

He's the top center that Ozzie should go for. Experience with Cam, Flacco, and the rest of the gang. Wanted to stay here, but wanted to be paid. He got paid and was on a losing team. He's got the size to maul bigger DT's and he's quick enough and intelligent enough to make the line calls (which he did while here) and pick up blitzes. The best part is he's only 28.

If I were Ozzie, I'd be salivating at the mouth just waiting for that "Brown released" ticker to cross my desk.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Honetly, this is my ideal situation. It really is.

Bring him back on a 5 year deal and then gun for someone like Kevin Zeitler or Cordy Glenn in the draft. Boom. Interior OL set for half a decade and still allows you to keep Rice.

Blog Entries

Wasn't he benched a couple games last year and rumored to have bad work habits? Bring back Gaither too

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It's an interesting thought but what's the reason for Brown's possible release. Is cap driven or performance driven. I read sometime during this past season that his play had declined so he was moved further down the depth chart?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Wasn't he benched a couple games last year and rumored to have bad work habits? Bring back Gaither too
    Two words big guy: Josh McDaniels.

He never had work ethic issues here in Baltimore. Sure, folks change, but Jason Brown is one Raven that I was really sorry to see go. He was a pro-bowl caliber center just 2 years ago and playing for an organization with a losing attitude and in turmoil...it's hard to judge a guy based on that alone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He's the top center that Ozzie should go for. Experience with Cam, Flacco, and the rest of the gang. Wanted to stay here, but wanted to be paid. He got paid and was on a losing team. He's got the size to maul bigger DT's and he's quick enough and intelligent enough to make the line calls (which he did while here) and pick up blitzes. The best part is he's only 28.

If I were Ozzie, I'd be salivating at the mouth just waiting for that "Brown released" ticker to cross my desk.
    I'm fully agreeing with this, same with drafting your LG in the early rounds.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    It's an interesting thought but what's the reason for Brown's possible release. Is cap driven or performance driven. I read sometime during this past season that his play had declined so he was moved further down the depth chart?
    He didn't really fit Josh McDaniels' offensive scheme and Tony Wragge was a guy that Josh McDaniels brought in when he became OC for St. Louis.

Here is a good example: Roger Saffold.

2 seasons ago, his rookie year, he looked like a promising young LT prospect who was thought by many to be only a guard in the NFL. He allowed the Rams to keep Jason Smith over at RT as well because Smith just wasn't cutting it as a LT. Then all of a sudden this past season Saffold sucks and now they're considering pushing him to guard because he couldn't hack it at LT in Josh McDaniels' offense.

Hmmm...

Another one: Harvey Dahl.

With the Falcons Dahl was considered one of the nastiest guards in the NFL and was considered one of the best run blocking guards in the NFL. Michael Turner made a living running behind Todd McClure and Harvey Dahl. Dahl signs with the Rams last off-season and becomes a very mediocre guard.

I'm just saying that Josh McDaniels is a weird cat and his offense calls for very specific pieces and if those pieces aren't what he wants then he'll gladly go a different direction even if it doesn't make any sense at all (a la Jay Cutler for Kyle Orton, Peyton Hillis for Brady Quinn, etc).