Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: ESPN shows highlights of PI, uses last SF play of SB

Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
    IMHO they glossed over that pretty quickly for how important that was to the outcome of the game.
    So they should stop game play so the talking heads can give equal *outrage* time?

-----

Huh??? They have time to talk about whatever they want. I don't get your logic I guess.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I demand an investigation!
    This is it...this thread is the official inquiry... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    Umm... we were one of 2 teams on the night's broadcast, and we had just "gotten away with" a PI [non]call?

PS: We WON!!
    But I thought ESPN's point was that PI has been called inconsistently throughout the league?

Isn't that what Gruden was supposed to be saying?

So wouldn't it make more sense to show plays from all different teams to make a statement about the NFL?

By just showing Ravens clips its pretty clear the narrative isn't officiating in the NFL. The narrative is about the Ravens getting help from the refs, clear as day.

Stop being intellectually dishonest.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    No they didn't.

Gruden's never said that. He was silent.

The other guy in the booth said it several times. It was clear he was trying to get Gruden's to admit it, but Gruden refused to.

Then they later tried to say some utter crock about him being pushed into him.

Oh, and they weren't screaming and rag rahing about it.

If you can't identify the difference then you are being incredibly intellectually dishonest.
    Exactly??? Not sure what point he is making.

Again, I am not conspiracy Ravens type of fan. What really pissed me off was the Super Bowl crap being brought up.

Blog Entries

PI and non call was BS, i feel for the Lions because weve been on the shit end of those calls ourselves, but to single us out as a team thats getting calls is not a narrative to how officiating in general is shitty. Thats pointing to us as getting more than were not and thats not true. Every team, every week gets a few calls for or against them. If thats the story they want to push, dont show a Montage of the Ravens only.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    PI and non call was BS, i feel for the Lions because weve been on the shit end of those calls ourselves, but to single us out as a team thats getting calls is not a narrative to how officiating in general is shitty. Thats pointing to us as getting more than were not and thats not true. Every team, every week gets a few calls for or against them. If thats the story they want to push, dont show a Montage of the Ravens only.
    I agree, they had that montage ready and waiting to be shown too. And showing the Super Bowl?! That was last season!

Also, can someone explain to me how the Chykie Brown play at the end of the Steelers game was PI. HE NEVER EVEN TOUCHED SANDERS. The pass was perfect and Sanders dropped it. I guess that is the definition of PI for a lot of people in the modern NFL.

I actually agree with Jon Gruden's idea of being able to challenge any call, including penalties.

It just makes it look like the Ravens are getting too many calls. When you only focus on how a team benefits from the refs and ignore how much we have been hurt by them it is unacceptable.

And that play in the Pittsburgh game wasn't even close to PI. I've heard Steelers fans complain about the hit on Bell, but never on the 2pt conversion.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    I actually agree with Jon Gruden's idea of being able to challenge any call, including penalties.
    No I couldn't go along with that, there are too many marginal holding calls on the line. Every time a team gave up a long TD pass they would be tempted to challenge for uncalled holding.

As for showing the non-PI in the Super Bowl ESPN should let that drop. That was marginal and they aren't going to call that on the last play. We would have won easily anyway if not for the power failure.

If they want to show a team getting a Super Bowl win thru the refs then they should show highlights from the Pittsburgh Seattle super bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Hiker View Post
    No I couldn't go along with that, there are too many marginal holding calls on the line. Every time a team gave up a long TD pass they would be tempted to challenge for uncalled holding.

As for showing the non-PI in the Super Bowl ESPN should let that drop. That was marginal and they aren't going to call that on the last play. We would have won easily anyway if not for the power failure.

If they want to show a team getting a Super Bowl win thru the refs then they should show highlights from the Pittsburgh Seattle super bowl.
    :word

I'd add that giving challenges to coaches for questionable calls would make the games 4.5 to 5 hours long. Some things need to be subjective.

Much prefer them moving to full time refs and a centralized replay system ala the NHL.

Blog Entries

That was in very poor taste by ESPN. There's no doubt that was slanted to make it look like the Ravens are getting calls that are helping them to win games.

The biggest missed call last night was the Detroit low hit on Flacco's knee. Pass interference can be subjective and no one gets hurt. But the rule about hitting a QB below the knee was put there to prevent season ending, possibly career ending injuries.

By only showing the Ravens questionable penalties suggests they have been an unfair benificeary of bias. There have been many threads over the years suggesting that bias was against the Ravens because those questionable calls were going the other way. Jumping to a conclusion then showing just the things that support it while ignoring everything else isn't journalism, it's media bias. Get a few breaks and the entire team is Tom Brady. The super bowl non-call to me was the right call, not sure why that is brought up constantly. No matter, it's a win.