you can keep your plan, lower costs for everyone

Look at #5 .....ridiculous.

Blog Entries

Re: My Obamacare Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    More broken promises:

you can keep your plan, lower costs for everyone

Look at #5 .....ridiculous.
    People warned of this and were called nothing but liars, accused of "throwing granny off a cliff", wanting people to die in the streets.

This is pathetic, but not surprising.

Had an hour to kill this morning so I gave it a try again.

No quote yet nor can I get back into my account. Some error message came up about a bad script.

Couldn't call the FUCKYO line since it was too early. Tried the chat support feature again but that's still not working.

Blog Entries

I got onto the site, applied and had 50 plans available to me within 20 minutes start to finish. The highest option plan (90% coverage) cost $303/m 2500 max with only 167$ deductible. Outside of that plan the premium drops considerably but the deductibles are kind of insane at first glance, imo. 124/m to 199/m for catastrophic bronze silver and gold. lowest deductible was "an average of 1000" on the first screen. going further in the process I can tell you that its deceiving because while there are some with astronomical deductibles (4k-6K), theres also plans available with 1K deductible on the Bronze and Catastrophic plans (the highest deductible plans), which I dont think is ridiculous. Overall, id say the Platinum plan isnt far off from what im getting through my work currently, little better even in some areas (deductible and co-pay are about half). considering im currently paying about 1/3 of that plan and im unsure what my company is paying for me (but id assume more than 200) its hard to say that 300/m isnt an "affordable" plan.

I will add that the lower plans seem a lot less "affordable" to me when you consider youre paying 70$ or so a month more for the difference in deductibles. Makes sense just to get the Platinum Plan from what im seeing.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 10-14-2013 at 08:49 AM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I actually recently read that some exchanges are working better in the states that are for the ACA.

For example, in California the exchanges are working perfectly fine.

I'm not sure what kind of a network they are run on...I'd imagine it is centralized per state, which would then get funneled into a main server somewhere.

The whole thing just seems odd. I'm sure they'll fix these glitches, but who knows what will happen with the premiums and offered plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I actually recently read that some exchanges are working better in the states that are for the ACA.

For example, in California the exchanges are working perfectly fine.

I'm not sure what kind of a network they are run on...I'd imagine it is centralized per state, which would then get funneled into a main server somewhere.

The whole thing just seems odd. I'm sure they'll fix these glitches, but who knows what will happen with the premiums and offered plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    It certainly seems like there are more issues with the states that dont want it to begin with.

PA runs through the Healthcare.gov website. They should have just set all of them up through that website to remove that possibility.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    It certainly seems like there are more issues with the states that dont want it to begin with.

PA runs through the Healthcare.gov website. They should have just set all of them up through that website to remove that possibility.
    I mean, it seems completely ridiculous that states that don't want the ACA are purposely sabotaging or allowing the system to be degraded.

I also read that of the states that don't support the ACA, a majority of them have the most minority populace as well as the highest levels of poverty and the least educational merits.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I tried again this morning and had to wait.

Went through the healthcare.gov site as always. Maybe I'm just going at bad times.

Still can't get on chat either ...

Blog Entries

I did it around 7:50. I got right through. Signed back on around 9ish with no problem either. Not sure what the issue would be unless it is geographical somehow.
    -JAB

Spent 20 minutes on the FUCKYO line. Again, as pleasent as they can be. She helped me with some stuff on my account. Logged back in and finally got the PDF of my quote. Needless to say, I am sticking with my wife's plan.

As I knew, my total deductible is $12,500 but again, it's a full deductible no matter the service. I have two pre-existing conditions and my medicine will have to be paid at retail until the deductible is paid in full. My monthly premium is $915. That's just under three times what I am paying now.

Affordable my ass.

I won't come close to spending that amount on myself unless I have something catastrophic happen to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Spent 20 minutes on the FUCKYO line. Again, as pleasent as they can be. She helped me with some stuff on my account. Logged back in and finally got the PDF of my quote. Needless to say, I am sticking with my wife's plan.

As I knew, my total deductible is $12,500 but again, it's a full deductible no matter the service. I have two pre-existing conditions and my medicine will have to be paid at retail until the deductible is paid in full. My monthly premium is $915. That's just under three times what I am paying now.

Affordable my ass.

I won't come close to spending that amount on myself unless I have something catastrophic happen to me.
    you only got one offer? I got 50 to choose from and while there were some that were kind of insane there were certainly ones that were "affordable" considering no employer help in paying it. 3x as much as you currently pay is probably about right when you figure the company is more than likely paying 2/3 (depending on your company obviously).
    -JAB