Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Ray Lewis to be Subpoenaed

Doesn't look like Ray helped..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...exual-conduct/

An Ohio jury has found former NFL linebacker Nate Webster guilty of four counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor, a conviction that could result in Webster being sentenced to up to 20 years in prison.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Doesn't look like Ray helped
    He never testified.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He never testified.
    was it ever clarified why he was subpeoned or what claim he was supposed to support? Just curious

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    was it ever clarified why he was subpeoned or what claim he was supposed to support? Just curious
    No clue. PFT had an article a few days ago and they didn't even begin to guess as to why he would have been called.

If a rumor site has no idea, I am not going to hazard a guess either.

Blog Entries

Is it true that the girl is Hue Jackson's daughter? I have seen that posted in a couple of places.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Is it true that the girl is Hue Jackson's daughter? I have seen that posted in a couple of places.
    Webster just got 12 years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ex-with-minor/

This says it was an "assistant's daughter", so could be.

Former NFL linebacker Nate Webster has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for having sex with a teenage girl.

Webster was found guilty of four counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor in April and has been locked up since then. He was accused of having a sexual relationship with a girl when she was 15 and he was in his 30s, and of threatening to kill her and her family if she told anyone. Webster admitted he had sex with the girl but claimed it was consensual and that the sexual relationship began after she turned 16, which is the age of consent in Ohio.

The girl is the daughter of an NFL assistant coach. To preserve the victim’s privacy, neither the girl nor her father are being publicly identified.

Webster could have been sentenced to up to 20 years in prison. Prosecutors said that before the trial, he turned down a plea deal that would have sent him to prison for four years. Webster played for the Buccaneers from 2000 to 2003, for the Bengals in 2004 and 2005 and for the Broncos from 2006 to 2008.

Since cases of this nature require no proof of intent, it’s unclear how Lewis could help Webster’s case, unless Lewis can create reasonable doubt on the question of whether sex occurred. On at least four occasions.
    I realize that "journalism" is pretty much dead, but I though Florio was a lawyer and that most lawyers have a writing class or two. The bolding is mine of course, but incomplete sentences in what is supposed to be a "credible" news source, is that where we are now?

I can't stand that site anymore and, I've always thought Florio is an arrogant, condescending jerk! He and some of his cronies often speak of the Ravens/players with contempt and disdain. Actually TMZ is a more respectable site than PFT now and, I can't believe the NFL associates it self with such sensationalized, yellow rubbish? Yet, in the end money and sensationalism talks. I guess?

Y'all realize he runs a rumor site, right?

It says as much right on the front page. He's never claimed to be a journalist or to run a journalistic site.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Y'all realize he runs a rumor site, right?

It says as much right on the front page. He's never claimed to be a journalist or to run a journalistic site.
    Journalist>Reporter>Media. They use the word rumors as a legal disclaimer. No he's not a journalist, he's a lawyer which makes him a hack! Either way, a site affiliated with NBC sports and a member of the media appearing on a Sunday Night Football show should have a little more class, less bias, and a hell of a lot less arrogance. I mean its bad enough ESPN has Skip Bayless.
    Last edited by Stone; 06-07-2012 at 07:40 AM.