Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: I still want this to happen, I want another Middle Linebacker

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    I think Teo will be gone if not long gone by the time we come up. I think the scandalous stuff is wearing off now and someone won't be able to resist getting him in the 20s or so. Even so if he was there for the taking and we're staying at 32 and are looking LB give me Ogeltree or Minter all day. Although I have to admit a WR at that spot is looking more and more interesting.
    I could care less if Te'o is there or not, I would never consider Te'o at 32, the guy is a throw back and has been highly overrated since day 1 because he plays at ND. I rank Kevin Minter, Alex Ogletree, Arthur Brown, and Sio Moore higher than this guy. I just don't see the difference between Te'o and a guy like AJ Klein or Jon Bostic who have 3rd-4th round projections. I could be totally wrong about him, but I don't see the value at all at 32.

He isn't as good as last years run thumping ILB prospect Donta Hightower who didn't get as much publicity as Te'o had even before the scandal. Frankly, what the media have done with this kid is garbage, he should have never had that much hype before the scandal, and he should have never had that much critique when the scandal came out either.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Totally different players IMO.

Pollard is considerably bigger to start with and is more stiff in coverage. Swearinger is more athletic, faster, but can't play in the box like Pollard can, he isn't close to Pollard in run support. Swearinger is better in coverage, and its not even close, obviously we don't know how it will play out in the NFL, but Swearinger was covering slot receivers at South Carolina. Pollard gets eaten alive in coverage when he's asked to cover tight ends, let a lot slot receivers.

In terms of on field energy, and the fact that both can lay the wood, yes I see the comparison there, but that's where it really ends.
    We'll agree to disagree.

I see a lot of the same reckless hitting that I saw in Pollard and frankly, I think they are similar in run support.

Now I do agree that he is probably better than Pollard in coverage, but I still don't want him out there playing WR's man to man.

I also agree that I think he is going to be picked before the 4th.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    We'll agree to disagree.

I see a lot of the same reckless hitting that I saw in Pollard and frankly, I think they are similar in run support.

Now I do agree that he is probably better than Pollard in coverage, but I still don't want him out there playing WR's man to man.

I also agree that I think he is going to be picked before the 4th.
    Oh don't get me wrong, he is the same physical type of player that Pollard is. But could you ever see Pollard being asked to play corner because of injuries? It would be like asking Novoro Bowman to play corner. DJ Swearinger is like 5'10 and 208 lbs, Pollard is around 6'1 and is close to 230.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Then that's probably the kiss of death as far as the Ravens are concerned. Haha.

Misinformation abounds this time of year.