Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: My thoughts from the land of the DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Chad would have caught that ball if Ray wasn't there - yes or no? And I didn't realize you spoke for the entire Ravens organization.
    :grbac:

In your lah lah land, I suppose that matters.

In this world where we have rules that govern this sort of thing, it was a late, illegal hit.

Pick a newspaper, click on ESPN, read Aaron Wilson. They are ALL saying the same thing.

The same media we all were thankful for noticing the bad calls in the NE are the same folks saying the hit wasn't in the realm of legit.

That ball to Chad was about 12 ft high.

It was an uncatchable pass whether Ray hit him or not.

It was not helmet to helmet.

It was part of the sissified NFL rules against hitting defenseless players.

I have the Super Bowl pack DVD series the NFL put out about 5 years ago and it's unbeleivable to go back and watch these "highlights" of hits that would be called personal fouls...easily...today. 15 years ago, that hit by Ray would be on the NFL's greatest hits VHS tape with cool music behind it and everything.

It's just a little surreal for those of us who have been watching football religously before 2004 or so when these rediculous rules started taking hold.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    :grbac:

In your lah lah land, I suppose that matters.

In this world where we have rules that govern this sort of thing, it was a late, illegal hit.

Pick a newspaper, click on ESPN, read Aaron Wilson. They are ALL saying the same thing.

The same media we all were thankful for noticing the bad calls in the NE are the same folks saying the hit wasn't in the realm of legit.
    To tack onto this, the fact that the ball was uncatchable makes this penalty even worse. It was a bad decision by a veteran player that help cost the game.

Been awhile, Stinger, but as always, we agree pretty much 100%. Even stink thought they stunk yesterday. I'm definitely worried.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Been awhile, Stinger, but as always, we agree pretty much 100%. Even stink thought they stunk yesterday. I'm definitely worried.
    Hey esmd! How's it going? I would have caught up with you on the Sunspot board but for some inexplicable reason that the board admins could never really explain, I am on some sort of perma-ignore. I still don't know why. Oh well.

Between the Steeler trolls and the hometown fans from the shallow end of the gene pool, you're not missing much. I get more and more tempted with each passing week to take up permanent residence here. Only reason I stick around there at all is because of a few longtime posters that I really respect and enjoy conversing with. Although many of them aren't posting as much, either.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Between the Steeler trolls and the hometown fans from the shallow end of the gene pool, you're not missing much. I get more and more tempted with each passing week to take up permanent residence here. Only reason I stick around there at all is because of a few longtime posters that I really respect and enjoy conversing with. Although many of them aren't posting as much, either.
    Oh man, bring them HERE!!!

If we had some of those guys over here, it would really make it easier for those of us here who try to keep the conversations normal and intelligent easier. I remember some of the good ones over there like Beau, GOTA, Eastside Terp, and DColeman.

Tell 'em to come on over. Yeah, you can see we have our share of nitwits too, but it's not nearly as bad as here and Scout. And no old19fan. :D

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    To tack onto this, the fact that the ball was uncatchable makes this penalty even worse. It was a bad decision by a veteran player that help cost the game.
    From Ray Lewis' eyes he sees Carson throw the ball. He turns to make a play. He see's Chad Johnson jump up. What is he supposed to do? Bow down on one knee and say a prayer Chad doesn't catch it. Pause time like Zack Morris, check to see how high the ball is thrown, then call a "time in" and give Chad a hug? Are you people serious? Hell I've trolled other boards and even STEELER FANS are defending the hit. In a split second Ray see's a pass about to be completed, there's is no way in HELL he can look to see if that ball is overthrown, especially when Chad jumps to try and make the catch. I don't think some of you understand a) the speed of the game and b) the intensity of Ray Lewis can't be turned on/off whenever the NFL decides to enact a new rule to help bolster the offensive side of the ball.

From Ray Lewis' eyes he sees Carson throw the ball. He turns to make a play. He see's Chad Johnson jump up. What is he supposed to do? Bow down on one knee and say a prayer Chad doesn't catch it. Pause time like Zack Morris, check to see how high the ball is thrown, then call a "time in" and give Chad a hug? Are you people serious? Hell I've trolled other boards and even STEELER FANS are defending the hit. In a split second Ray see's a pass about to be completed, there's is no way in HELL he can look to see if that ball is overthrown, especially when Chad jumps to try and make the catch. I don't think some of you understand a) the speed of the game and b) the intensity of Ray Lewis can't be turned on/off whenever the NFL decides to enact a new rule to help bolster the offensive side of the ball.
    Show me when it has ever been legal in the NFL to hit a WR coming down from his jump AND when the ball is 12 feet out of reach. Last time I checked, it has never been legal to hit a receiver with no ball, 2-3 seconds after the ball has gone by and out of reach.

The ONLY people saying that was a clean, legal hit are a few kool-aid drinkers on these boards.

Me, and the other people on this board who live on Earth, agree with Harbs and others who understand it was an ill timed penalty by a usually consistent LB.

Come on. You're not being serious here. It's not like the ball was coming near Chad's fingertips. Even Ray Lewis in full speed would have been able to see the ball was clearly WAY over Chad's head.

Even Ray knew the hit wasn't right. You could see it in his face after it happened.

I'm getting tired of some of you know-it-alls trying to tell us what we do and don't understand about the game of Football. It was a bad hit and a poor-ly timed penalty and everyone knows it. Get over yourself.

Speaking of Ray.

Why did he not get dressed in the locker room and talk to the media?

Instead he has someone get all of his stuff, dresses in the training room, and bolts out without talking to anyone.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Speaking of Ray.

Why did he not get dressed in the locker room and talk to the media?

Instead he has someone get all of his stuff, dresses in the training room, and bolts out without talking to anyone.

PP
    You know me. I am his biggest supporter and I was even wondering this one.

That's just his way after he screws up.

Im kind of used to it by now.