Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens brawl in DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Like Ray hasnt had strippers over....? Lets not play morale majority here. It was during the week or before a game. Boys will be boys. At least he didnt rape a girl blocked off drunk in a bathroom and get rid of surveillance tape.
    Who is being critical they were with strippers? Nobody is faulting them for having a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He didn't call it a crisis of leadership. If he indeed used those words, I agree he may be a bit hyperbolic.

What I heard when I heard leadership was yes, the buck stops at Harbs for everything so in that sense, it's on Harbs. But what I'm really hearing is a locker room leader. Passing the torch doesn't work automatically and is dependabt on the personalities of the new torch bearers. I don't see Flacco digging in McKinnie's or JJ's ass. And Suggs married a stripper; hardly someone who can be critical of their actions.

In any event, I'm going to give far more consideration to Ray's thoughts than those of Hoge, Stink, et all. He still has close friends in that locker room.

Suggs married a stripper under the AMAZINGLY AWESOME LEADERSHIP OF RAY LEWIS! HOW COULD HE LET THAT HAPPEN!

And hell, let's talk Chris McAlister for a minute. And other nut bags like Chester Taylor.

Jacoby Jones and Bryant McKinnie are partiers. They always have been. They were when they played with Ray Lewis. They will continue to be now that he isn't playing anymore. He needs to shut the fuck up and stop making shit about himself. This has literally 0 to do with some sort of perceived lack of leadership.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Suggs married a stripper under the AMAZINGLY AWESOME LEADERSHIP OF RAY LEWIS! HOW COULD HE LET THAT HAPPEN!

And hell, let's talk Chris McAlister for a minute. And other nut bags like Chester Taylor.

Jacoby Jones and Bryant McKinnie are partiers. They always have been. They were when they played with Ray Lewis. They will continue to be now that he isn't playing anymore. He needs to shut the fuck up and stop making shit about himself. This has literally 0 to do with some sort of perceived lack of leadership.
    Dont forget about Jamal Lewis getting locked up for coke.

.... says the guy who has never once given Ray any respect for anything he's done since Atlanta.

Please.

Blog Entries

This has literally 0 to do with some sort of perceived lack of leadership.
    I do agree with this.

These guys do this kind of stuff all the time - they did it under Ray's leadership too - and 99% of the time it's without incident.

This time, unfortunately, it wasn't, but luckily no one was seriously hurt and no one was arrested.

I like Ray a lot, and think he's been great on TV, but I don't agree with him on this one.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I will admit, it occurred to me to think about how I'd feel about this incident if they'd lost the game on Sunday and now I feel like a bit of a hypocrite....

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    .... says the guy who has never once given Ray any respect for anything he's done since Atlanta.

Please.
    That I think he's mostly full of shit has nothing at all to do with Atlanta.

This is not a case of youthful indiscretion, McKinnie is 34, Jones is 29. Of all the people on the Ravens who should understand the pitfalls of being a high profile athlete, it's McKinnie. Harbaugh said "I'm disappointed" in the presser, that was definitely an understatement. These guys are making millions and are out at 3am driving around in a party bus emptying champagne bottles with bimbos during the season. It's probably worse than that but that's enough to know. If they can't grow up and aspire to more admirable pursuits, then find a discrete low risk way to enjoy your debauchery that prevents an incident like this from getting headlines and puts your coach on the spot. They should know better.

Considering where they are contractually and given their behavior, I don't see either here next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    This is not a case of youthful indiscretion, McKinnie is 34, Jones is 29. Of all the people on the Ravens who should understand the pitfalls of being a high profile athlete, it's McKinnie. Harbaugh said "I'm disappointed" in the presser, that was definitely an understatement. These guys are making millions and are out at 3am driving around in a party bus emptying champagne bottles with bimbos during the season. It's probably worse than that but that's enough to know. If they can't grow up and aspire to more admirable pursuits, then find a discrete low risk way to enjoy your debauchery that prevents an incident like this from getting headlines and puts your coach on the spot. They should know better.

Considering where they are contractually and given their behavior, I don't see either here next year.
    They are both gone after this season. I think they punched their tickets out of here.

Blog Entries

Hey, strippers are people too. I love that name, "Sweet Pea". Classic!

They were on a Party Bus, so they weren't drinking and driving. By all accounts, they were behaving responsibly, until Sweet Pea decided to take batting practice on Jacoby's head.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Hey, strippers are people too.
    Sex industry workers.