Page 316 of 333 FirstFirst ... 314315316317318 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,792 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    What, you've never gotten in a fight on the court before?

Dude, I'm not disagreeing with you that you can't win in the NFL with a team full of choir boys.

What I am saying is that - regardless of Bryant's brush with the law - he's never been that great of a player.

I also find it funny that a few days ago regarding a post about Cullen Jenkins you practically scoffed and claimed that "The Ravens need a run stopping DT...not someone like Cullen Jenkins" and now, here you are making a case why the Ravens need a player like Bryant because he is a good pass rushing DE/DT (which Jenkins is too...who also has experience in a 3-4...which Bryant does not).
    Of course I have, and thats what I'm trying to say that fans should stop being so negative when someone is mentioned a possibility because he had a run in with the law. Btw, maybe thug was the wrong term to use, its just I remember Brian Billick used to use that word when interviewing prospects about some law they broke, "You're either stupid, or you're a thug, which one is it?".

And on Desmond, he is still at a decent age at 27, has great size at 6'6 310 lbs, and is a better run stopper than Cullen IMO and from what I've seen. What I really like about Bryant is that he's really going to go unnoticed in FA because of that woeful defense that he was on. He still had his best year as a pro with absolutely garbage talent around him (tbf to Seymore, he's still a pretty solid player, but is just old now). Also, I think this was just a one off thing with him, he went to Harvard for christ sakes! lol

Blog Entries

Giants also re-signed William Beatty.

5 year, $38 mill I believe.

So, avg's about 7.6 mill per year.

Maybe the Ravens could afford Jake Long? haha
    I think we can afford a lot more players than you'd probably think if we get Flacco signed before the deadline which looks like a 50/50 at this point. Btw, its a great re-signing for NYG.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think we can afford a lot more players than you'd probably think if we get Flacco signed before the deadline which looks like a 50/50 at this point. Btw, its a great re-signing for NYG.
    Agreed. Beatty was solid last year. I think he could become one of the better LT's in the league.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Of course I have, and thats what I'm trying to say that fans should stop being so negative when someone is mentioned a possibility because he had a run in with the law. Btw, maybe thug was the wrong term to use, its just I remember Brian Billick used to use that word when interviewing prospects about some law they broke, "You're either stupid, or you're a thug, which one is it?".

And on Desmond, he is still at a decent age at 27, has great size at 6'6 310 lbs, and is a better run stopper than Cullen IMO and from what I've seen. What I really like about Bryant is that he's really going to go unnoticed in FA because of that woeful defense that he was on. He still had his best year as a pro with absolutely garbage talent around him (tbf to Seymore, he's still a pretty solid player, but is just old now). Also, I think this was just a one off thing with him, he went to Harvard for christ sakes! lol
    Keep in mind, they still have Ryan McBean as a possibility. He's not much of a pass rusher, but he is a good run stopping DT. It's a shame he broke his ankle last pre-season. I think he would have been a solid contributor.

Blog Entries

One year after signing a three-year, $12 million contract, Lloyd is on the verge of getting cut. Per beat writer Tom Curran, Lloyd isn't even listed on the organization's projected 2013 depth chart. It's a surprise after Lloyd came on very strong late in the season, compiling 36 catches for 452 yards and two touchdowns over the final six games (including playoffs). CSN New England cites "an enigmatic personality, aversion to physical contact, inability to find a consistent niche in the offense and financial disposability" as reasons for the breakup. The Pats will be in the market for an outside receiver even if they get free agent Wes Welker under contract.

Blog Entries

Keep in mind, they still have Ryan McBean as a possibility. He's not much of a pass rusher, but he is a good run stopping DT. It's a shame he broke his ankle last pre-season. I think he would have been a solid contributor.
    Yeah thats someone to look out for, kind of forgot about him, supposedly he was really aggressive in TC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    One year after signing a three-year, $12 million contract, Lloyd is on the verge of getting cut. Per beat writer Tom Curran, Lloyd isn't even listed on the organization's projected 2013 depth chart. It's a surprise after Lloyd came on very strong late in the season, compiling 36 catches for 452 yards and two touchdowns over the final six games (including playoffs). CSN New England cites "an enigmatic personality, aversion to physical contact, inability to find a consistent niche in the offense and financial disposability" as reasons for the breakup. The Pats will be in the market for an outside receiver even if they get free agent Wes Welker under contract.
    Which is weird because he really likes Josh McDaniels.

I read that he was just really standoffish in the locker room, didn't get along with anyone, didn't really try to get along with anyone, wasn't receptive to coaching, etc.

Blog Entries

Any interest from anyone for him coming to Baltimore?

Blog Entries

If the reports are true, no f-ing way. I'd rather go for less talented guys who are team players, like Jacoby Jones.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Yeah thats someone to look out for, kind of forgot about him, supposedly he was really aggressive in TC.
    I thought he started to show promise as a pass rusher before leaving denver. Didnt he have 8 sacks or something his last year? I think losing McBean was huge for this team, I think Ozzie had him pegged as our Redding replacement to help the run game but was expecting him to bring more pressure as well. I think hell be back this year.
    -JAB

Dane Brugler‏@dpbrugler

When asked about why he was kicked off the team at Tennessee, Rogers answered: “It is simple: Immaturity." He said it "humbled him a lot"
    Dane Brugler‏@dpbrugler

Rogers had 3 failed drug tests at UT, but was tested 10 times at Tennessee Tech and passed each one, saying "I haven’t picked it up since"
    Dane Brugler‏@dpbrugler

When asked if the drug questions were fair, Rogers answered: “If they are going to invest in me, I have to be honest and upfront with them.”

I'm not a Da'Rick Rogers fan, but those who are may be interested here.

Blog Entries

No. He is a 31 year old catch and fall WR. He gives you nothing after the catch.