Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft Take 2 - Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    I am really hoping the Steelers take Nix on Thursday night. It will be priceless in two years when they realize they have another "Terrance Cody" on their hands.
    I see Nix as more Wilfork and less Cody. I really like his first step

Blog Entries

We're hitting the 12 hour mark for the Rams. Anyone have a suggestion?

I could see them taking Clinton-Dix, Dennard or Fuller here

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I see Nix as more Wilfork and less Cody. I really like his first step
    Well...the Ravens saw Cody as more Wilfork and less "Cody" as well. ;)

We're hitting the 12 hour mark for the Rams. Anyone have a suggestion?

I could see them taking Clinton-Dix, Dennard or Fuller here
    I think it's Ha Ha for them here.

Blog Entries

I think it's Ha Ha for them here.
    I agree. Ha Ha should go to the Rams.

Well...the Ravens saw Cody as more Wilfork and less "Cody" as well. ;)
    I don't know how.
    T Cody lived off his size and nothing more in college. It was QUITE OBVIOUS to ME he wouldn't be a quality NFL player.

I also feel Nix is 100 times the NFL prospect. More in line with Dontari Poe and Marcel Dareus.

I agree. Ha Ha should go to the Rams.
    Agree, they need Ha Ha, especially now that they've lost Darian Stewart to the Ravens, big shoes to fill. Ha Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    If I didnt think Zimmerman was set to turn the vikings into a 3-4 I would have went with Donald. Barr is a little more flexible for this transition year.
    Really? I didn't know that and haven't really paid any attention to the Vikings, but it surprises me. The Vikes have traditionally been a 4-3 defense and that's what Zimmer ran in Cincy. I'd see Donald as his Geno Atkins in Minn. Of course, he's the HC now so maybe his new DC wants the 3-4.

Regardless, I still would have taken Barr too. Too much value and upside as a pass rusher. Donald is a terrific football player, but is pretty much limited to playing the 3 tech in a 4-3. Utilizes his biggest strength the best, which is rushing the passer from inside, but he's too undersized to be a NT, which wouldn't put him to his best use anyway. In the right system though, I believe he can be a beast. Maybe he could be a DE too, but DT is certainly his best spot.

With that said, I would have taken Barr over Donald if he fell to 12. NY and it's fans would love Barr, thinking they had the new LT, which would be a stretch at this stage. He fell to wicked when he had the Giants in the 1st draft and he picked Barr over Donald, and rightly so. The Bears then took him at 14.

If the Rams see Pryor as a free safety they may pick him over Ha Ha. He fits the NFC West with his physical play.

Quote Originally Posted by JGreeno View Post
    If the Rams see Pryor as a free safety they may pick him over Ha Ha. He fits the NFC West with his physical play.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams go offense here, quite frankly. They play in the NFC West and simply can't score against those teams with the offense they have. Getting an OT with the #2 pick was fine (although I would have grabbed Watkins there), but they need a playmaker besides Tavon Austin. I don't think they scored more than 13 points in any game against Seattle, San Francisco or Arizona last season. You can't win that way.

Edit: They scored 27 opening week vs. Arizona. After that, it was 11, 9, 13, 10, 9. That's pitiful against your division rivals.

Apologies for the tardiness. Most of you would have been spot on though, the rams have a decent defense but could use some help on the back end. What better remedy than the best FS in the draft.

With the 13th pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select.... HaSean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama

Rams certainly underachieved on offense, that's for sure, but they've been adding supposed playmakers in the last 3 drafts. Plus, they signed Kenny Britt this offseason, though god knows what they'll get from him. Austin, Bailey, Pettis, Quick, Givens and Britt. That's a lot of guys to figure out how to get the ball to. They need to get more creative, especially with Austin, and protect Bradford better, which Robinson would certainly help with imo. Maybe they should just run West Virginia's old offense. In this scenario, I'd be shocked if they didn't go S, maybe CB. Ha Ha or Pryor, Dennard or Fuller. I'd still go with Ha Ha.