Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obummer Care

Blog Entries

Re: Obummer Care

NC - Yea, but as Rush put it yesterday.

It's the Republicans like me who think O BUMMER can't lose and it's the DEMs that think he can't win (see link above) like Galen would say-lol- and the liberal GOP establishment is scared of calling him out for fear of being called a racist so they're putting up their own answer to liberalism in Mitt Romney and he's winning too.

So much for taking the country back.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-06-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Blog Entries

And speaking of Christmas and religions being taken away, a hospital fired Santa and took down all its Christmas displays after complaints by people - mostly Muslims. That's why they then put up multi-cultural stuff.

A librarian in Tenn was fired for wearing a neckless with a cross on it. For more absursdities like this read PERSECUTION by David Limbaugh.

An OUTBACKS waitress in Chicago was fired after customers complained about her wearing a bracelet that said Tea Party.
    So much for the 1st Amendment.

An OLIVE GARDEN restaurant in Texas refused to let the Kawinis club bring the American flag into its joint for a meeting because it offended too many people.

As for the language, how many signs and instructions do you see in Spanish? This is truly a country of a dual language but that's OK.

And the OP mocks people wanting to take the country back?
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-06-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Here's even another one for you:

If you have a clearance from the FBI and you apply for a job with the NSA then the NSA is going to, for all intents and purposes, have to "re-clear" you because they don't trust (or don't want to trust) the FBI's criteria for issuing someone a clearance. It's like that for almost every agency. The CIA, NSA, Homeland Security, Boarder Patrol, DOD, DOJ, FBI, etc, will look at a clearance issued from another agency and determine that it's not good enough and needs to be re-evaluated.

Do you have any idea how much time and money that wastes? Granted, not many folks are actually eligible for a clearance, but those who are have to sit around in different corporate puragtories waiting to actually do their job...getting paid their full salary...and the government is getting no return on that investment whatsoever.

A few years ago I was chatting with an NCIS agent who told me that it can cost upwards of 100K to give someone a clearance when it's all said and done. So, if it costs that much (approximately) to clear one person and each agency refuses to acknowledge another's clearance...even though under the new DCI they are supposed to be working together more...can you imagine how much money is wasted on redundant processes? It's incredible.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Here's even another one for you:

If you have a clearance from the FBI and you apply for a job with the NSA then the NSA is going to, for all intents and purposes, have to "re-clear" you because they don't trust (or don't want to trust) the FBI's criteria for issuing someone a clearance. It's like that for almost every agency. The CIA, NSA, Homeland Security, Boarder Patrol, DOD, DOJ, FBI, etc, will look at a clearance issued from another agency and determine that it's not good enough and needs to be re-evaluated.

Do you have any idea how much time and money that wastes? Granted, not many folks are actually eligible for a clearance, but those who are have to sit around in different corporate puragtories waiting to actually do their job...getting paid their full salary...and the government is getting no return on that investment whatsoever.

A few years ago I was chatting with an NCIS agent who told me that it can cost upwards of 100K to give someone a clearance when it's all said and done. So, if it costs that much (approximately) to clear one person and each agency refuses to acknowledge another's clearance...even though under the new DCI they are supposed to be working together more...can you imagine how much money is wasted on redundant processes? It's incredible.
    Solo... I am not excusing that by saying what I am about to, and I am not trying to.

However, that stupidity and bureaucracy you just listed there is pretty much the same now matter what branch of government you talk about.

Which is why I can see why people support Ron Paul. Frankly I would too, if he were not a borderline isolationist.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Solo... I am not excusing that by saying what I am about to, and I am not trying to.

However, that stupidity and bureaucracy you just listed there is pretty much the same now matter what branch of government you talk about.

Which is why I can see why people support Ron Paul. Frankly I would too, if he were not a borderline isolationist.
    Lets just be clear that Wicked doesn't support Ron Paul though. Just suggesting that shows how elitist you are and want everyone to think you know everything.

or was it that he doesn't "exactly" support Ron Paul. I am confused now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Lets just be clear that Wicked doesn't support Ron Paul though. Just suggesting that shows how elitist you are and want everyone to think you know everything.

However, I didn't say he supported Paul, just I could see how people support Paul. That left it open to whether he is one of those people.

See how I kept it open to talk about Paul without having to have him identify himself as a supporter? Come one, Galen, you're smart enough to do that :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post

I've already said that I don't really support anyone, but I do appreciate aspects of his platform just like I appreciate aspects of Romney's and Santorum's. In 2008, there were aspects of Obama's campaign that I definitely appreciated more than McCain's. Honestly, what did it for me with McCain was choosing Palin as a running mate. Nothing against her, but it was an obvious PR move and I thought it was weak.

Why do you have to allign with a specific candidate or "party" in order to discuss pertinent things?

It's a nice day out hippy. Go run around in a field with your frisbee.

Blog Entries

It's not just government, but it's the same in the private sector as well. It's a shame, but my overall point still stands that there are several areas in the defense budget alone that could really help out the national deficit.

Most hear "defense budget cuts" and get all up in arms because they think that means getting rid of weapons and giving power to China or Russia or Iran. It doesn't have to mean that at all.

Work smarter, not harder.

However, I didn't say he supported Paul, just I could see how people support Paul. That left it open to whether he is one of those people.

See how I kept it open to talk about Paul without having to have him identify himself as a supporter? Come one, Galen, you're smart enough to do that :D
    I'm hip. I was just clarifying exactly that. This forum is only large enough for one elitist know-it-all. I don't want to share that title with anyone.

Blog Entries

What started out as a half/ass-smart/ass thread turned out pretty good after Solo, NC and the rest of us got it moving.

Great info by Solo as always but as NC said, that bureaucratic waste is always there in every gov't agency.

The point is not clearances but cutting back on planes and ships. That makes people nervous not to mention the ones serving the country on them.

O BUMMER used them as pawns to get his debt ceiling raised. He didn't care about them giving their lives for him and the country.

That's the way liberals are.

Speaking of clearances though, I had a top secret clearance at APG. I OKed everyone going thru the fence by doing security checks on them including 3 Russian generals when they came in to witness the dismantling of our chemical and biological stock piles and the
    nukes we had in the Edgewood Area.

It sure didn't cost the Army all that money to clear me.