Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Hmmm....What are some of our former desired draft picks up to these days?

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    Even tho it's this years draft I wish the ravens would has call Burfict after the draft.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Didn't DeCosta say they did? But that burfict chose cinci.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    Didn't DeCosta say they did? But that burfict chose cinci.
    No I think he did say he was on their radar, but Cincy swooped in on him before we could. Marvin was supposedly the only coach in contact with him before and after the draft.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Yeah...I really wanted Pettigrew. I remember thinking getting a future replacement for Heap was so important that year.

He's been solid, but I don't think he has turned out to be the TE many of us thought he'd be.
    Pettigrew was a hot TE prospect. Everybody wanted him, myself included. When he came off of the board, it became pretty clear who the Ravens would pick.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Kyle Wilson, still not a starter. He was actually expected to be the type of CB that Webb has turned out to be.

Devin McCourty had a great rookie season, but came down to earth last year. Really, his rookie season was filled with big plays, positive and negative. So, it shouldn't be a surprise that his sophomore season went as it did.

Dan Williams still hasn't made noise. Even though Kindle hasn't panned out yet, Terrance Cody is the man and that was the main reason why they decided to do it. They didn't see Williams as being THAT much better of a prospect than Cody.

Nicks is doing well in New York.

I do remember the division on Gronkowski's injury history. Everybody felt that Baltimore was going to take him, only for New England to jump them. Later, we found out that they had taken him off of their list due to injury concerns.

Pettigrew hasn't lived up to expectations in Detroit. He had some injury issues for a minute.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Good lord thank god they did not do that. I dont think Matt Ryan could play outdoors about 14 games a year give or take, in the cold, wet, and sometimes snowy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I could be wrong, but that is what my memory returns. I KNOW for a fact that it was 1, 2 Suggs and an addditional 2-3 picks all from the same draft. It may not have included the 3rd. At least that is how it was reported back in the day, again if memory serves it was either Oz or DeCo who confirmed that they had made the call and were offerred a SILLY package.

Blog Entries

Chris Cook has been in some trouble with the law.

Blog Entries

Remember, don't just talk about who some of those guys are. What are they up to these days?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I really wanted matt ryan, but not for our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th and Suggs....
    A often think how good Ryan would have faired here compared to where he is now. He lost like 19 games in his career or something like that. Its pretty good, but like 90% was lost away from his home field and outside.

Wondering if he could have taken a beating here and not be like some of the other young QBs in the league that get battered qb syndrome. He isn't exactly viewed well by his peers per the NFL top 100.

Blog Entries

Cool idea for a thread. He's my list from recent drafts, obviously it's only guys I thought we had a shot at

Ryan Clady - Got Flacco instead so can't really complain about that. I really wanted Ray Rice in round 2 and was stoked when his name came across my TV

Early Doucet- I wanted him in free agency this year too. Underrated player

Vontae Davis- Good player but he's a real headcase. Never thought Oher would drop and loved the pick

Brian Robiskie- Was hoping he'd fall in round 2. Major bust

Jonathan Luigs- Good looking Center from Arkansas who was out of the league in 2 years.

Louis Murphy- Pure playmaker. Can't believe the Raiders traded him. Cam Newton will love him

Brian Price- Just traded to the Bears. He was my 2nd favorite behind Cody who ended up getting. Price has been hurt and was in the wrong system. He wouldn't have fit here in retrospect but should be perfect for the Bears.

NaVorro Bowman- Loved this guy and couldn't believe all the Penn State/Ravens fans weren't pushing harder for him. He's even better than I thought he could be. 49ers stole him in the 3rd round

Cameron Jordan- Favorite player in the 2011 draft but thought it was a longshot that we'd be able to draft him. Had an uneventful rookie season.

Titus Young. Good looking WR who could break out this year but I can't say he's better than Torrey Smith

Blog Entries

Hard to remember all the ins and outs.
    Remember being not super excited when Grubbs name was called.
    Trying to remember the "glamour" names, Greg Olsen TE? Paul Poluzney LB? I know there were a couple of choices in 2007 and we weren't talking about a guard.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

James Laurinatus - All Pro MLB for the Rams.
    Rolando McClain - Stud MLB for Raiders
    Eric Decker - Solid Possesion WR for the Broncos
    Bruce Campbell - Although drafted in 5th, a HUGE BUST at OT/G
    Thaddeus Gibson - OLB/DE drafted by Pitt, hasn't been able to stick on a roster
    Dezmon Briscoe - WR who has yet to make a significant impact

A few more names I don't think have been mentioned:

Demaryius Thomas- WR Broncos; Has been injury prone but looks poised to break out now that he has a qb that can get him the ball.

Patrick Robinson- CB Saints; A relative disappointment to this point in his career.

Tyson Alualu- DT Jaguars; The surprise pick of the draft when the Jags took him 11th (I think that's what it was). Has been solid but nothing special.

Jared Odrick- DE Dolphins; If I remember correctly, missed all of his rookie year with injury; Has been decent but unspectacular since returning.