Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Osemele will start opening game, McKinnie in danger to make roster

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Reed View Post
    The site itself is a joke, but Jeff Risdon isnt. Lets see how this plays out then.
    I guess he know's something even the coaches don't know then.

Bryant McKinnie worked with the first team at left tackle, which moved Michael Oher back to right side. Rookie Kelechi Osemele then took the snaps at starting left guard because the team gave veteran Bobbie Williams a couple days of rest to allow swelling to die down in his surgically-repaired ankle.
    ...coming from the actual Ravens website.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

This guy is 100% legit. His name is Jeff Risdon and is a writer for a sports website. I wont post the site since maybe the admins dont like links to other websites.
    Complete and utter garbage, like most have already said.

Blog Entries

contradicts everything I've been hearing so... I"m skeptical

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Nothing surprises me in the NFL anymore but this...this would surprise me. To me McKinnie is one of the major keys to the season. Not because he is great, he is average at LT (or at least was last year) but with him at LT the rest of the guys can play at their natural positions on the line. Without McKinnie we will be playing musical chairs on the line with guys "out of their most effective position" and will also be losing depth. I am optimistic about this season and think we have the pieces in place, but if we cut McKinnie I think I will start to have my first moments of worry. Here's to hope McKinnie steps up, keeps his weight under control, doesn't piss the coaches off, and wants to help this team win (God knows he needs the money with all the crap he has going on).

This guy is 100% legit. His name is Jeff Risdon and is a writer for a sports website. I wont post the site since maybe the admins dont like links to other websites.
    With sites like BleacherReport, Yardbarker, and probably a dozen more just like them, anyone can write for a "sports website" these days. Seriously. Anyone. Not saying he's right or wrong (although frankly, I'd be shocked if he was right), but just because he's got a few articles published on the web doesn't make him "100% legit".

FWIW - His self-written bio, from nflsfuture.com. Decide for yourselves:

JEFF RISDON (Lead Writer)
    "Jeff graduated with a degree in History from Ohio University in 1996, with a senior thesis “Why the USFL Failed”. My football background includes a year with a national scouting service and two years as a contracted draft consultant for an NFL team. I have covered the NFL and the NFL Draft for RealGM.com since 2004 and have been a featured guest on numerous radio programs around the country. My work has been cited on numerous major sports websites and published in The Sporting News and several newspapers. I have also worked as a high school football official. Originally from the Cleveland area, I now reside in Houston with my wife and two children. I am an avid volleyball player and a long-suffering Detroit Lions fan."
    Last edited by MarkS; 08-14-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Blog Entries

It is at least arguable that the reshuffling didn't start with McKinnie returning as the first-team LT, but ended with that. I.e.:

Williams needs a couple of days off to reduce the swelling in his ankle. KO was penciled in at LG when he was drafted, so naturally he takes over there. Now you need a RT, and Reid is still not practicing, so Oher moves back there, leaving a hole at LT which McKinnie is promoted to fill.

IOW McKinnie might not have returned to the first team on the strength of his play, but only because the best options at LG and RT once Williams had to sit left an opening at LT. We wont know for sure until Williams returns to full practice.

Osemele will start opening game, McKinnie in danger to make roster
    Osemele will not start the opening game, McKinnie is in no danger to make roster.

p.s.: I don't need unnamed sources to state that!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries
    Ozzie isn't talking. All roster moves at this point are pure speculation.

Sure. If they were to cut him they wouldn't waste giving him first team reps.

Next time post your source.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Sure. If they were to cut him they wouldn't waste giving him first team reps.

Next time post your source.

Exactamundo. As a matter of fact, if Ozzie was really going to cut him I doubt he would have made it past a couple of days after showing up late to camp. They would have wanted to either make another FA move quickly or get some of the young linemen some additional reps.

I could see them possibly going with Osemele at right tackle, but no way in hell does Oher start on the left side. If that's the case, then the Ravens are mailing in the season. This will be Oher's last training camp with the Ravens and, hopefully, he gets cut before the season starts. Its time the front office admitted that they made a huge mistake drafting that garbage.

Calling BS on this report. McKinnie is at 357 20lbs less than same point last year. McKinnie had a pretty decent year, I expect the same.