Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

OT: Gronkowski inks 6- year 54 million deal

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ion-extension/

I always wished the Ravens would take this approach to signing their up and coming players.

Re: OT: Gronkowski inks 6- year 54 million deal

the boston area isnt going to be able to handle the amount of fist pump this guy is throwing around right now.

Blog Entries

sounds like partially a financial move maybe to free cap room. In reality it's 3 years, then decide to cut/restructure

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

And to think, he went 1 pick ahead of Sergio Kindle... and there were rumors he was off the ravens board entirely... Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda...

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    And to think, he went 1 pick ahead of Sergio Kindle... and there were rumors he was off the ravens board entirely... Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda...
    I'm pretty sure the patriots thought the ravens would take Gronkowski as they traded up 2 spots to get him.

Blog Entries

Seems kinda premature to me, esp considering the injury issues. But if he stays healthy he should continue to dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by NCCRavensFan View Post
    I'm pretty sure the patriots thought the ravens would take Gronkowski as they traded up 2 spots to get him.
    In the moment, it's certainly what I thoguth happenned. After Chris Cooke went to the Vikings I think 39, I was convinced we were going to pick gronk, of which I was a HUGE fan. Then, the Pat's swooped in and we were left with no first round talent on the board. I was immediately upset with the Kindle Pick.
    In hindsight, if the ravens did, in fact, leave him off their board, shame on them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    In the moment, it's certainly what I thoguth happenned. After Chris Cooke went to the Vikings I think 39, I was convinced we were going to pick gronk, of which I was a HUGE fan. Then, the Pat's swooped in and we were left with no first round talent on the board. I was immediately upset with the Kindle Pick.
    In hindsight, if the ravens did, in fact, leave him off their board, shame on them.
    Sergio Kindle was always first round talent, talent wasn't the problem for him.

But again, it happened, we could have had Brady in the 6th round in 2000. Shit happens in the draft. IMO the Patriots made a mistake trading up for Hightower when they should have drafted Upshaw, but that's just my opinion, lets see where both players are 4 years from now.

Blog Entries

$9 million a year for a TE. Wow. That being said, I don't see him finishing out the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    $9 million a year for a TE. Wow. That being said, I don't see him finishing out the deal.
    It is only 7 million a year, it buys out the last 2 years of his rookie deal and then adds 6 years to that.

8 years $56 million, with only $13 guaranteed. Highway robbery for the Pats.

I mean he only put up elite number 1 WR numbers last year, and the greatest single season from the TE position the NFL has ever seen....more than 1300 yds and 17 TD's. That is a good season for a $13-15 million wide receiver and the Pats just got that or close to it for half, of course smack in the prime years of 23-31.

I am fairly conservative with money, but I would have rolled the dice for at least 1 more year and maybe even the last 2 Gronk had left on his deal. He likely left a TON of money on the table, and signed for way too long at 6 years with the 2 he still has left. He could have signed for 4 extra and be a FA at 29 instead of 31, that is a huge 2 years.

I hate the Pats. Damn them.

iggyman555 Guest

who cares if we drafted him, cam wouldnt have used him correctly anyways lol