Page 193 of 333 FirstFirst ... 191192193194195 ... LastLast
Results 2,305 to 2,316 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Keeping Ray Rice and Benard Pierce gives your offense versatility. You can control the clock, run out of single back, I and do a little of what St. Louis used to do in their time. There's no need to address the issue for, at least, another two years.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

While I have not given up on Terrance Cody, I would really like to see them draft a Nose Tackle. If they could get a Nose Tackle to take the double team, with the talent on this defense, the front could cause serious problems. You can only double, but so many players. Once you double the NT, you'll be lucky if you can still double Ngata and you'd have to keep a back or TE in to chip on Suggs. Upshaw would see one on one all day. As a supporting player to Suggs, I think Upshaw could get 7-10.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    While I have not given up on Terrance Cody, I would really like to see them draft a Nose Tackle. If they could get a Nose Tackle to take the double team, with the talent on this defense, the front could cause serious problems. You can only double, but so many players. Once you double the NT, you'll be lucky if you can still double Ngata and you'd have to keep a back or TE in to chip on Suggs. Upshaw would see one on one all day. As a supporting player to Suggs, I think Upshaw could get 7-10.
    The guy I'm hot on right now is Brandon Williams out of Southern Missouri, who we would be taking in the 2nd. He's a NT in the NFL but he can also play 5-tech DE/DT and 4-3 DT. Very versatile and a great run stopper, but he also broke a ton of D-II sack records as a pass rusher. He's basically everything Cody isn't, except he played at a small school instead of Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    While I have not given up on Terrance Cody, I would really like to see them draft a Nose Tackle.
    I think they do need to strengthen the interior defensive line, but I think they can find a legitimate player in the mid rounds. Unless one of those big studs falls to them in the first, there may be no reason to move around to get one. Guys like Akeem Spence, Kwame Geathers, or Sylvester Williams are probably going to be available in rounds 3-5. They are not the impact players of the highly regarded 1st round guys, but they are still going to most likely make an impact in the NFL.

5. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

I've seen these guys listed as 3rd-4th rounders... The two injured bookends at FSU, Brandon Jenkins and Tank Carradine. Jenkins looks like he could be a good fit in the 3-4 at 6'3 260 yet I realize he's had his injury issues. However, he looks pretty explosive and elusive off the edge. Carradine is more of a 43 end at 6'5 265, but he totaled 11.5 sacks before tearing his ACL. I've wondered if they would make for a good steal (mainly Jenkins) in rounds 2-4?

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    I've seen these guys listed as 3rd-4th rounders... The two injured bookends at FSU, Brandon Jenkins and Tank Carradine. Jenkins looks like he could be a good fit in the 3-4 at 6'3 260 yet I realize he's had his injury issues. However, he looks pretty explosive and elusive off the edge. Carradine is more of a 43 end at 6'5 265, but he totaled 11.5 sacks before tearing his ACL. I've wondered if they would make for a good steal (mainly Jenkins) in rounds 2-4?
    Brandon Jenkins would be a really nice pick in the 3rd or 4th. He is a GREAT player. Honestly if he would have gone back to school this year and come out in 2014 he'd probably be a high 1st rounder. The injury issue is going to drive his stock way below what it ought to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    I've wondered if they would make for a good steal (mainly Jenkins) in rounds 2-4?
    Maybe a 4th, anything before that I think is too big of a risk. I really want to see S/ILB and LT addressed in the first 3 rounds, but with Ozzie and his BPA philosophy, you never know

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

The guy I'm hot on right now is Brandon Williams out of Southern Missouri, who we would be taking in the 2nd. He's a NT in the NFL but he can also play 5-tech DE/DT and 4-3 DT. Very versatile and a great run stopper, but he also broke a ton of D-II sack records as a pass rusher. He's basically everything Cody isn't, except he played at a small school instead of Alabama.
    I think his game is very similar to BJ Raji.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

Brandon Jenkins would be a really nice pick in the 3rd or 4th. He is a GREAT player. Honestly if he would have gone back to school this year and come out in 2014 he'd probably be a high 1st rounder. The injury issue is going to drive his stock way below what it ought to be.
    Agreed.

He and Carradine would be solid picks in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I'm wonder, if Minter is gone if it might not be worth trading back if possible, and taking Arthur Brown. And possibly that safety out of FIU in RD 2 or 3. Hearing some really good things about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    I'm wonder, if Minter is gone if it might not be worth trading back if possible, and taking Arthur Brown. And possibly that safety out of FIU in RD 2 or 3. Hearing some really good things about him.
    Jonathan Cyprian is the safety you're talking about. He got a lot of press at the Senior Bowl (the talking heads player de jour) and is rising fast up the draft boards.

I was watching the Fiesta Bowl to get a look at Arthur Brown vs. Oregon's speed and he struggled a bit. Maybe just an off game for him, but I was more impressed with Kiko Alonso from Oregon. He has a lot of speed and a good nose for the ball. Maybe a nice 4th round pick (if he lasts to the end of that round).

What do all of you think the stock of Da'rick Rogers from Tennessee Tech is? He has a lot of talent and reminds me of a faster Anquan Boldin. The problem is his baggage from getting kicked off the Tennessee football team, but I could see him being a great weapon form Flacco if he gets off the dope.