Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Week 1: Ravens v.s. Broncos

Key to this game is our pass rush and capitalizing on our opportunities. If we can control the clock, run the football and win the turnover battle we will win. Wait I just described the plan for every game. But pass rush is the most important thing until everyone else gels together on d

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yards View Post
    EREy

Exactly how did "the refs give us the game" ?? I think your safety did.
    I'm a Ravens fan. I was quoting my favorite post from that Broncos board. I find it funny that they think the refs gave us the game. It's not the first time I've seen one of their fans say that.

Blog Entries

Looking forward to watching the D Line hopefully take multiple open shots at peyton and subsequently having him jump into foetal position in the pocket.

Worried we will only get 1 or 2 quarters good play out of offense

23-19 ravens
    plus peyton gets a bloody nose
    plus ravens give up around 65 total yards on the ground

Blog Entries
    I like the aggressive attitude my fellow brit. I just want to see this Dline destroy Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I'm a Ravens fan. I was quoting my favorite post from that Broncos board. I find it funny that they think the refs gave us the game. It's not the first time I've seen one of their fans say that.
    They are saying that because of three plays.

-The pick 6 in the first half could've easily have been a PI on Ray
    -The huge third down catch by Boldin in OT could've been ruled an incompletion
    -The sack/fumble on Manning could've been changed under the old tuck rule

In the end I believe the Ravens simply made more plays then the Broncos and that's why they won.

This game is going to be about Vontae Leach, Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce. If the Ravens control the clock with the running game and score TD's they'll win. For all the talk about sacking Manning, he will not allow that to happen because the ball will be out in 2 seconds. The Broncos are also going to run at a lightning fast pace so the team has to limit Manning's possessions.

24-21 Ravens

You know who is going to go into the fetal position, just like he did last year? Wes Welker, that's who, right after Elam lays the wood a couple of times. Peyton is too good at avoiding hits, but Welker didn't want to be anywhere near the middle last year in New England, and he got a severe case of alligator arms. He will again.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    You know who is going to go into the fetal position, just like he did last year? Wes Welker, that's who, right after Elam lays the wood a couple of times. Peyton is too good at avoiding hits, but Welker didn't want to be anywhere near the middle last year in New England, and he got a severe case of alligator arms. He will again.
    That's the dude I'd be focusing on as well.

That quick slant crap he likes to run with a QB like Manning that likes to get rid of it quick could kill us and keep the defense on the field.

You control him, you force Manning to hold onto the ball a tad more making him more uncomfortable.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

I"m just glad football is almost here. Not going into this game with any expectations other than to see what we've got in this new roster and hope for no injuries.

I did notice that in my Yahoo pickem poll, 88% have selected Denver to win the game so I guess the rest of the world has no confidence in Baltimore. Would love love love to see the Ravens eeek out a win somehow

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I"m just glad football is almost here. Not going into this game with any expectations other than to see what we've got in this new roster and hope for no injuries.

I did notice that in my Yahoo pickem poll, 88% have selected Denver to win the game so I guess the rest of the world has no confidence in Baltimore. Would love love love to see the Ravens eeek out a win somehow
    With questions at CB, game 1 anyway they being untested, I fear Pees will drop DB's back, and not rush, or at least not disguise the pressure, and Manning will have too much time like Cousins, Vick, and Batch did last year.

I don't want to see D cuteness or "genius" play calling; I want the D to pin their ears back and make Manning play under pressure even if Harbaugh has to intervene like the final SB drive last year.

Spears, Canty, Smith, Doom, healthy Suggs; too much horsepower for bend don't break.

Blog Entries

I think Manning is going to target Jimmy Smith over and over again. I wonder if the Ravens would consider playing a nickel back for large segments of the game to help Smith in coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think Manning is going to target Jimmy Smith over and over again. I wonder if the Ravens would consider playing a nickel back for large segments of the game to help Smith in coverage?
    I'm not sure how a nickel back can help Smith. The nickel will be covering Welker, in all likelihood. It'll be Huff helping Smith over the top, and I can see D. Thomas lining up over Smith quite a bit. But they move him around so Smith will see plenty of Decker too.

Either way, what happened with some of the coverage miscommunication in the preseason can't happen in Denver.