Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: QB K. Boller a fix to the Ravens RB saga ???

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Steve View Post
    THIS TOWN WILL NEVER EXCEPT KYLE IT'S BETTER FOR HIM AND THE RAVENS IF HE MOVES ON.
    I love posters who think they know what the entire fan base thinks.

if we could get a first day pick for boller, or something that way outweighs his value (which is higher than he gets credit for) that you do it.

But the overall retarded mindset of Baltimore fans is something like:

"it's fine, Drew Olsen will just come in and fill in if needed"

"we shouldn't have let Derek Anderson go. We would have a sick offense one day if Derek Anderson had guys ilke Trent Smith and Derek Abney to throw to!"

Meanwhile the guy that was by no means terrible (i won't shill for him either) over his last several games (i'll rehash...over last 9 games of significant action, above 55% completions, average of 220 yards per game, 16 TDs to 10 INTs)...really you won't find a better back up qb no matter what your feelings on the guy are.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Dump a QB who knows the system and has shown marked improvement, leaving an injury prone starter and... exactly who would be backing up McNair?

Not the brightest plan in the world.
    Marked improvement is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. We can bring in somebody else if this trade goes down. If I recall, and I could be wrong (but I doubt it), didn't darb say somewhere on here on this forum that learning the system is overrated and that its just a verbage thing. According to you anyone can come in a learn the system because everyone is running the same thing. We can bring in anybody and get the same production we have seen from Kyle, we cant say the same for mcnair because he has a 13-3 record under his belt--something other qbs have failed to achive. Now if Boller gets past these rumors and he out performs Mcnair in preseason lets keep him around but if we can get a 3rd round pick...Nice knowing ya--c'est la vie.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

4. Re: QB K. Boller a fix to the Ravens RB saga ???

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I love posters who think they know what the entire fan base thinks.

Marked improvement is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.
    over last 9 games of significant action, above 55% completions, average of 220 yards per game, 16 TDs to 10 INTs)
    No, marked improvement looks a lot like that.
    didn't darb say somewhere on here on this forum that learning the system is overrated and that its just a verbage thing. According to you anyone can come in a learn the system because everyone is running the same thing.
    Yep. And it's true.
    Having a back-up QB who can get in the huddle right after an injury to the starter and already have a comfort level with the rest of the offense is a big help though.
    We can bring in anybody and get the same production we have seen from Kyle
    Really? You think just any ol' back-up is going to come in and post a 100+ QB rating?
    Now if Boller gets past these rumors and he out performs Mcnair in preseason lets keep him around but if we can get a 3rd round pick
    Who exactly are we going to get to back-up McNair? I'd actually be more likely to agree with this trade plan if we weren't a SuperBowl contender next year, but given McNairs injury history I think we need Boller.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

This is a useless thread, anyway. The Ravens aren't going to trade Kyle Boller, period! They are not as stupid as some of the posters on this board and realize his immense value to the team in his current role.
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    This is a useless thread, anyway. The Ravens aren't going to trade Kyle Boller, period! They are not as stupid as some of the posters on this board and realize his immense value to the team in his current role.

Sometimes on this board it's :brickwall:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

If we could evalualte the draft board a little and have a draftable QB available to us in the draft such as the QB from Michigan State Drew Stanton or the QB form Boise State, I would be willing to take that offer. We might not use the 3rd round pick to get a QB, but as long as we got one of the prime prospects from day one, drafted some support for the OL and LB, possibly even a corner or DE I think we could go with Drew Olson as the back up. Granted I wouldn't want to do that last year, but giving McNair a full year to learn the system and be more comfortable in our system as well as allowing Olson a full year to work with McNair and Boller and think makes it a viable option. Much more viable than some of the backups that are out there. Would you want Trnet Green? I know I wouldn't. I would have to pause a bit when considering Drew Bledsoe, a better option than trent green, but still I htink I would take either what we have in Kyle Boller or get a QB in the draft to replace him and take a 3rd round from Carolina. I will address the NEED for the Magahee trade next

The ravens need to make the trade for Magahee happen, but as we have seen and I will be supportive of, the Ravens do not make knee jerk reactions as some other teams in the NFL and I think that is to their benefit. The ravens have had discussions with the Bills and they should stay the course, as with Rosenhaus to make this happen. The Ravens are sorely in need of some BURST potential in their Offense. We saw it develop in the WR crew as Williams and Clayton truely came into their own this year to establish some deep threats combined with Mason as a reliable receiver I think we could have a very good receiving core. We need a RB that has good hands as well, we saw last year that Ovie caught several balls out of the backfield and we need a running back that can do that as well as burst through for more than just 3 yards at a time. Without a true presence at FB, it is even more important that we have a shifty quick back in the backfield. However knowing there is a need we should not over-pay. I am hesitant to accept a deal which would include our 2nd round pick, becasue even though it is near the end of the round and some would say basically a 3rd round pick anyway, a 2nd round pick can often be traded on draft day for a 3rd and 5th or multiple picks that could benefit us down the road more than one pick. I would say if we could trade Kyle for an early 3rd round pick then offer that pick for Magahee and keep our 2nd round pick in tact to use or trade for more picks depending on who is left on our board on draft day.