Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Three years from now who will be your favorite Raven from this draft class?

Anyone know what differentiates Arthur Brown from Tavares Gooden?

Matt Elam. Playmaker who loves to lay the wood on offensive players.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wash yourself View Post
    About 5 years in age, parents, name, college, height, weight etc

Actual football instincts??

Both started as OLB at Miami and were moved inside. But Brown improved and was consistent after transferring to K State, with right around 60 tackles per season. Gooden was up and down at Miami, he had one really great season as a sophomore but then had a medical redshirt year and then came into the draft after a so so junior year. He struggled with injuries and wasn't great getting off blocks. He was mostly a safety trying to play in the box. Brown can use his hands and is a lot more of an instinctual player, not just an athletic specimen. Way more of a smart leader.

Blog Entries

actually caring about the game firstly. Then instincts, injuries and staying out of strip clubs. Tavares spent more time at strip clubs and night clubs then on the practice feild or film room. It's too bad, he had some talent.

I hope it comes a lot sooner than 3 years from now, but after watching Matt Elams highlight reel it's got to be him.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Tough competition here. Could make a case for any of our first 5 picks. Anyway I'm gonna go with Simon. I don't know much but I like everything I've read about him so far. Meyer gave him the ultimate praise short of saying he wants to marry him. Also the jj comparisons are not bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Juice!
    +1

I'm drinking the Juice. A weapon on O, and a strong blocker.
    But it could, no, it will be both Elam and Brown, the future heart and soul of this Ball So Hard D. Ozzie just might've just got the heart and soul back in the D. Can you say best ravens draft ever!!!

I don't see how you cannot pull for a guy like this Brandon Williams kid.

Having the humility to be willing to clean out porta pottys with the attitude he displayed regarding doing that in the interview I saw puts him way up there in my book.
    Dude is like a physical specimen watching some of the stuff he can do at his weight is pretty eye opening.

Being talked about as having the same type of potential ability as Vince Wilfork is a pretty high compliment for a guy coming from a small school that's never taken an NFL snap.

He develops into something close to Wilfork he will pay tremendous dividends over the next decade or so in our defense.

He isn't going to have the fdlash and stats that Elam, Brown or Simon may one day produce, but with Haloti Ngata beginning to get a little long in the tooth now and mentioning retirement in recent interviews, Williams might end up being just what the doctor ordered.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Both started as OLB at Miami and were moved inside. But Brown improved and was consistent after transferring to K State, with right around 60 tackles per season. Gooden was up and down at Miami, he had one really great season as a sophomore but then had a medical redshirt year and then came into the draft after a so so junior year. He struggled with injuries and wasn't great getting off blocks. He was mostly a safety trying to play in the box. Brown can use his hands and is a lot more of an instinctual player, not just an athletic specimen. Way more of a smart leader.
    Can't wait to watch this younger, faster team. The guy sounds like a monster.