Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm not IRS, nor an accountant, nor a fed, but I've worked with the senior managers out in Cincinnati not too long ago.

Sr. Exec Lois Lerner who works in DC runs the Cincy group, but no one should believe that some grand DC conspiracy with traceable roots to the WH is at play here. These people just aren't that smart or crafty. Lerner is awful and is liked and respected by barely a few. And no matter how dumb the WH may be, it isn't quite dumb enough to use Lerner and the Cincy office to do their dirty work.

I think what we have here is a handful of unbridled ideologues operating in a vacuum without proper oversight or management controls.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Re: IRS Auditing Scandal

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I'm not IRS, nor an accountant, nor a fed, but I've worked with the senior managers out in Cincinnati not too long ago.

Sr. Exec Lois Lerner who works in DC runs the Cincy group, but no one should believe that some grand DC conspiracy with traceable roots to the WH is at play here. These people just aren't that smart or crafty. Lerner is awful and is liked and respected by barely a few. And no matter how dumb the WH may be, it isn't quite dumb enough to use Lerner and the Cincy office to do their dirty work.

I think what we have here is a handful of unbridled ideologues operating in a vacuum without proper oversight or management controls.
    If I run a business, and someone down the chain of command committed an awful felony in conjunction with their work, I may not be directly involved, but you bet your ass people are going to be looking at me for answers as to why things got so messed.

So yes, there's no evidence (yet) to suggest directives *came* from the WH.

But .... if the WH knew it was going on and did nothing, omission is just as bad as commission. There's a report out on the right leaning news sites that info obtained by the IRS's Cincy office may have been used against Romney during the campaign.

If that proves to be true, that puts the scandal in the WH as well as in Cincy.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If I run a business, and someone down the chain of command committed an awful felony in conjunction with their work, I may not be directly involved, but you bet your ass people are going to be looking at me for answers as to why things got so messed.

So yes, there's no evidence (yet) to suggest directives *came* from the WH.

But .... if the WH knew it was going on and did nothing, omission is just as bad as commission. There's a report out on the right leaning news sites that info obtained by the IRS's Cincy office may have been used against Romney during the campaign.

If that proves to be true, that puts the scandal in the WH as well as in Cincy.
    I understand your point about the CoC and certainly the TE division commish as well as the IRS the commish should (continue to) be grilled... but the beating up the Chief of Naval Ops over a discovered drug ring among Nimitz sailors is not the proper course of action WRT to any fed investigation. Let the media monkeys bang that drum. I'm fine with that. It's what that do.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2158831

There is absolutely no doubt that this was an effort to affect both the 2010 midterms and 2012 general election by hamstringing grass roots organizations that happened to by harmful to Democrats' election hopes.

It goes hand-in-hand with the bogus attempts to paint Tea Party groups as racist and crazy. And it is straight out of the radical leftist textbook, the general theme of which is "by any means necessary."

Blog Entries

What's sad is we're the only ones that think it's sad.

All those Spanish and female votes he got will save him and vote for the next
    Santa Clause to give them free stuff like condoms and food.

Wow. It's just gets worst...
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

That's right Dade. It's sure getting worse. The IRS Commish just resigned and that was after he approved
    OBYs half brother despite his checkered past while targeting conservatives and he approved him in an
    unprecedented record time.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/14/ir...thers-charity/

Employees say they were ordered to do it. Of course.

http://www.fox19.com/story/22265631/...ted-to-scandal
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-16-2013 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

And this folks is why this isn't just a Left or a Right issue, but an American politics issue.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Sorry Sir but it is a leftist liberal thing.

It's liberalism attacking the heart of America. Even the drive-by media is abandoning OBY
    on this one including CBS and the TIMES saying things like this isn't the Nixon Administration but something is terribly wrong here - paraphrased.

And to prove the point, IRS targeted Billy Graham's ministry now run by his son after
    Frank took out ads in newspapers urging Christians to vote vs candidates that supported gay marriage. They attacked the foundation the country was founded on - the church.

Not even Tricky Dick did anything that bad. All he did was break into a couple of
    offices-lol, noteably Ellsberg and Watergate Offices. Note the term Frank uses here: "UN-AMERICAN"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...udits/2165647/

Then Nazi Pelosi blames it all on Bush saying all his appointees in IRS did the dirty
    work. ILMAO

Keep in mind she was speaking to a low-information crowd consisting of libbies.

Miller who just resigned and is appearing before Congress right now was a 25 year
    career guy in IRs but he was temporarily appointed IRS commish just last year and
    his term was due to expire the day after the Ravens receive their SB 47 rings.

It's a liberal thing alright.

It's liberalism attacking America.

The big brave new world gov't as the libbies see it attacking America.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-17-2013 at 08:23 AM.

No Sir is right.

The IRS using political targeting goes back a long way. And Tricky Dick did more than break into a few offices.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...inion_newsreel
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    And this folks is why this isn't just a Left or a Right issue, but an American politics issue.
    I think it's crossed over at this point.

Watching the left leaning networks last night and its awash with the IRS scandal.