Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where does Ray Rice end up in the Ravens Record Books?

He is currently second on the rushing list, 2,281 yards behind Jamal Lewis. He should get there in 2 seasons assuming Bernard Pierce does not take more and more carries. Can he be the Ravens first 10K rusher?

He is currently 6th in receiving with 2,713 yards. He will definitely pass Travis Taylor and Quadry Ismael this year and it is not inconceivable that he could pass Mark Clayton who had 3,116 yards receiving as a Raven. This will leave Rice at 3 behind Todd Heap (5,492) and Derrick Mason (5,777). Rice would need to average 510 yards receiving a year over the next 6 years to catch Mason, and I think we are hoping Torrey Smith ends up in this conversation as well. Can he finish his career 1 or 2 on the Ravens Receiving list?

Rice has 39 TD's, behind only Heap (41) and Lewis (47). How many games will it take for him to become the Ravens all time leading TD scorer next year? With 10 TD's he would be tied with Billy Cundiff for 2nd on the Ravens list of points scored behind only Matt Stover (who he obviously has 0 chance of catching) . How many TD's can Rice score in his career?

To be honest, I bring this up because the Ravens offense is changing. I am not sure if Rice will have an increased or diminished roll in the offense under Caldwell. When all is said in their for their careers, Flacco will own every meaningful Ravens passing record (if he doesn't already) and Rice may be the offensive statistical leader in every other category.

Re: Where does Ray Rice end up in the Ravens Record Books?

I don't think Rice will be here for 6 more years.

I think he definitely will be the leading rusher when he leaves, but I doubt he is here long enough to reach 10k yards or become one of our top 3 in receiving yards
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't think Rice will be here for 6 more years.

I think he definitely will be the leading rusher when he leaves, but I doubt he is here long enough to reach 10k yards or become one of our top 3 in receiving yards
    He will be top 3 for a few years until Torrey catches him. Unfortunately, the list of accomplished Ravens receivers is not that long.

4. Re: Where does Ray Rice end up in the Ravens Record Books?

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    He will be top 3 for a few years until Torrey catches him. Unfortunately, the list of accomplished Ravens receivers is not that long.
    I am not so sure. I could see the ravens cut ray after either 2013/2014 as I think that he has a high cap numbers for those years and we have Bernard Pierce.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamourzolt View Post
    I am not so sure. I could see the ravens cut ray after either 2013/2014 as I think that he has a high cap numbers for those years and we have Bernard Pierce.
    Apparently Rice is due a 7m incentive bonus this month and next year he has a cap hit of 8.75m. There's a lot of dead money in letting him go, but he didn't come cheap.

Alphabetically, between Jah Reid and James Roe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye View Post
    Alphabetically, between Jah Reid and James Roe.
    If either of those two guys end up in our record books, something has gone DRASTICALLY wrong...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Ray Rice is pretty much matching Marshall Faulk numbers compared to his first 5 years in the league. I think he can do better than "just" be the Ravens leading rusher.

I would hope that Torrey Smith would easily have more career receiving yards than Rice.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    This will leave Rice at 3 behind Todd Heap (5,492) and Derrick Mason (5,777).
    That's...kind of sad. The good news is he's a little younger than average for his draft class (just turned 26). The bad news is Rutgers ran the crap out of him so I'm hoping he doesn't break down anytime soon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    That's...kind of sad. The good news is he's a little younger than average for his draft class (just turned 26). The bad news is Rutgers ran the crap out of him so I'm hoping he doesn't break down anytime soon.
    Marshall Faulk was also highly productive in college and never really broke down. I think something has to be said about that kind of size, and the way that they run, they somehow don't get injured all that often.

Most fumbles in post season?