Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per The Sun

Jesus, shame on me for commenting before I read the article. I didn't realize it was by Preston.

Preston is about as usefull as a genital wart, and about as talented a writer.

So, CC probably will be back, but he was last heard saying he wouldn't be back. The man can't write a simple fucking article, w a goddamned thesis for Christ's sake! It reminds me of the Lewis-Reed article from a few weeks ago: The Ravens would be better off sitting Lewis and Reed, but Lewis and Reed are still the best options for the team.

The main can't make a coherent fucking thought.

Blog Entries

I can't take anything from Preston as fact. If Cam does end up staying, I will be pissed though. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Time to bring in some fresh blood.
    Last edited by Paintballguy; 01-26-2012 at 09:01 AM.

As the saying goes, don't believe anything you read and only half of what you see.

But if the Ravens think that the way to get to the Superbowl is to do more of the same - more of what Cam Cameron wants to do they will be sadly mistaken. If Cam Cameron is here in 2012 the Ravens will not get to the playoffs - and we will have wasted another year. If they think that Ray Rice is going to get them to the Superbowl they're crazy. The definition of insanity is doing the same old thing over and over again expecting different results.

I only point out that if a decision had be made regarding Cameron it would have been officially announced - there would be no point to keeping it secret at this stage of the game.

I'm actually OK with this. I have my problems with Cameron but this screams that Joe made this decision. As if they asked if he should be allowed to stay and Flacco replied, "If you get me a QB coach, I'd have no problem with it"

If Joe signed off, then so do I.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I just hope the Sun is wrong. They had a QB coach and Flacco liked him. They had to get rid if him because there were too many voices in Flacco's head. So now the issue is that there are not enough voices in Flacco's head? If this happens I'm going to lose a lot of respect for Harbaugh.
    I think they fired Zorn because Flacco didn't want to hear what Cam had to say and was predominately listening to Zorn. Couple that with Zorn's offensive philosophy is a lot different than Cam's and I think you had a recipe for disaster. In not so many words: Cam was jealous and felt his territory was being impeded on.

I don't think it had anything to do with too many voices in Flacco's head. I think that's hogwash that they used as an excuse for firing Zorn to begin with.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I can't take anything from Preston as fact. If Cam does end up staying, I'll will be pissed though. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Time to bring in some fresh blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    As the saying goes, don't believe anything you read and only half of what you see.

But if the Ravens think that the way to get to the Superbowl is to do more of the same - more of what Cam Cameron wants to do they will be sadly mistaken. If Cam Cameron is here in 2012 the Ravens will not get to the playoffs - and we will have wasted another year. If they think that Ray Rice is going to get them to the Superbowl they're crazy. The definition of insanity is doing the same old thing over and over again expecting different results.

I only point out that if a decision had be made regarding Cameron it would have been officially announced - there would be no point to keeping it secret at this stage of the game.
    I know. The Ravens are SO fucking insane for wanting to repeat as much as possible that saw them a dropped pass, and shanked field goal, away from going to the Superbowl.

Wholesale changes are neccessary after such a pathetic year!!!!!

Isnt Cam is one of the highest paid OCs I the league, Air Coryell is like 3 routes, a dump off or a bomb. Man I'd like to get that gig...

Also was Zorn let go because Flacco had too many voices in his head? Or that he wasn't a yes man for Cam?

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Blog Entries

Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per Mikey Donuts

Obviously this is coming from Preston who's closest source is probably the water delivery guy.

I wouldn't be surprised, but only because there really doesn't seem to be anyone better at the moment.

I'm not a huge fan of Cam, but if they bring in a QB coach and bring in a new OL coach and WR's coach then I'd be cool with that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

im sorry but another year of unimaginative route running and long routes that kill our offensive line is just depressing me even further than not being in the superbowl. I dont understand how somebody can get so little out of so much and retain there job.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Been saying this for a while; they should be in the SB this year and Cam is doing what Harb's wants. Fix the dropped passes and this team improves substantially. Another target wouldn't hurt either.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I know. The Ravens are SO fucking insane for wanting to repeat as much as possible that saw them a dropped pass, and shanked field goal, away from going to the Superbowl.

Ok captain smart ass. The Ravens would have never had to rely on a last minute Evans pass or FG if they could actually capitalize on golden opportunities to score in the redzone. Think back to the fumbled kickoff return by the Pats. The Ravens could only muster a FG instead of punching it in for 7. An additional 4 points would have been huge.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post

They've been a "dropped" pass away from the Superbowl for a couple of years now. Its not a question of how close you get before you fail. Its a question of how much potential Joe has.

Whenever Cam digs us into a hole by running Ray Rice into the line on first and second down - and putting Joe into untenable third down passing situations, what usually happens? They put Joe into the shotgun and a hurry up offense and he typically moves us down the field. You might ask yourself why does that happen. The answer is that Joe's natural game is from the shotgun.He can be great if they ever learn how to use him.

If they ever decide that maybe Joe should be the next Joe Montana instead of the next Trent Dilfer they could walk to the Superbowl blowing past their competition with ease. This is the primary reason I want Cam gone.

But if the Ravens retain Cam for 2012 they will be a 9W-7L team and they will not make the playoffs.

I have faith that Biscotti wants the Ravens to be great - not just close!