Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We will go 8-8.

Blog Entries

Re: We will go 8-8.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    No money, but I will bet you lunch. Do you live around here or are you coming into town? I bet lunch a lot....
    I do not, how bout an I told you so thread?

I say at least 10 and 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    And some feel that their word is final. My thought was concerning the 8-8 season not so much the Brown Victory. Do you always start off your day like this?
    Haha... I don't understand why this "opinion" makes me a troll... My word is not final. My word is simply "my word". And it's what I'm thinking know. Maybe in 2 weeks I will think differently.
    As far as the Browns thing... We are at their place. It's a divisional game and no matter what we think the score should be... they are always close, even when the Browns stink. And, it looks like anyone can run on us. If anyone can run on us... that puts every game into contention. That means we could lose some games to some bad teams that ran on us. And that means the good teams will beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I do not, how bout an I told you so thread?

I say at least 10 and 6.
    Sounds good. And I agree.... with a 5-1 record right now. 10-6 is probably a more realistic finish. But even before Ray and Webb went down... I was thinking as the Cowboys racked up rushing yards... that this was the beginning of the end this season. Even if we made the playoffs... what are we gonna' do when we get there?

Houston - L
    Browns - W
    Oakland - W
    Pittsburgh - L
    S.D. - L
    Pittsburgh - W
    Redskins - W
    Broncos - L
    Giants - L
    Bengals - W

Worst case, I say 10-6. And that's worst case. I can certainly see them beating the Broncos or Giants at home, even if they drop one of the other games I'm giving them a W for.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

anyone who thinks this team can only win 2 more games this year just doesn't know the Ravens

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

... Even if we made the playoffs... what are we gonna' do when we get there?
    Your original prediction (8 - 8) is your opinion, even though I don't agree with it, it's still your assumption and you've got a right to it. BUT your sentence above is just downright dopey and laughable. Remember last year's Giants and what that seemingly average team did in the 2011 playoffs/Super Bowl (?) So, are you saying (don't want to put words into your mouth) that the Ravens would be better off NOT making the playoffs? ... Bc

Haha... I don't understand why this "opinion" makes me a troll... My word is not final. My word is simply "my word". And it's what I'm thinking know. Maybe in 2 weeks I will think differently.
    As far as the Browns thing... We are at their place. It's a divisional game and no matter what we think the score should be... they are always close, even when the Browns stink. And, it looks like anyone can run on us. If anyone can run on us... that puts every game into contention. That means we could lose some games to some bad teams that ran on us. And that means the good teams will beat us.
    Sorry. The post was not intended for you.

It's outrageous to call the OP a troll. Disagree with him if you will, but he's not a troll because he doesn't agree with you.

Looking at the schedule, we have some brutal stretches ahead of us. Beating the Texans in Reliant Stadium is a tall order, then playing the Steelers in 2 weeks with a cross-country trip to San Diego in between. Those could easily be 4 losses right there--I foresee us losing 3 of the 4.

Coming into the final stretch of the season, I predict us to be heading down to FedEx Field sitting at 8-4. Personally, I see us ending the season at 10-6 or 9-7. The Broncos, Giants, and Bengals should all still be alive in the playoff race when we hit them and when you usually end up playing good teams close, it's inevitable that you drop a few.

We need fans who believe in this team. Our offense has proven they can put points on the board. Our D got a huge wake up call Sunday after two weeks of being the opposing team's doormat. This team will finish out the season better than you think. Let's take one week at a time and right now it's Houston. If we beat them, that will make a huge statement. Either way, we will not be a cakewalk for the Texans IMO.

Here is mine (I hope I'm wrong):

Houston - L
    Browns - L (W)
    Oakland - W
    Pittsburgh - L
    S.D. - L
    Pittsburgh - W (L)
    Redskins - W
    Broncos - L
    Giants - L
    Bengals - L

So, I did alter (swap) a couple games there... My prediction is still 8-8. I left the original game predictions in there for you guys to see and put what will probably happen in parentheses. We probably don't lose to the Browns coming off of a Bye Week. But, I have to go with the Steelers for 2 wins against this D as it stands. Ben is just too good.... and until we stop a running back, I don't care who they have running the ball, they will riun at will.

I predict two straight losses at Houston and Cleveland. We will beat the Raiders. Then, we will lose the last 5 of 7. That is my new close to midseason "doomsday" prediction.

EDIT: I also predict that Suggs will have little, if any impact on the D. I would not be entirely surprised if he ends up being IR'ed after a couple weeks of practice.
    The way the league looks now, it seems awfully tough to make any predictions the rest of the way with much confidence. Just this weekend, the "unbeatable" Texans got trounced, the Steelers choked at Tennessee, and the Chargers completely fell apart in the 2nd half at home vs. Denver. Should we fear any of those four future opponents? I would be equally surprised to see us go 5-0 vs. them as 0-5. Who knows what to expect in the NFL this year?

We went undefeated without Ray for a month last year; losing Webb will hurt but hopefully this will lead to the faster-than-expected maturation of Jimmy Smith into the shutdown corner we envisioned on draft day.

We're riding a 4-game win streak pretty much on the strength of our offense alone. And *knock wood* the offense seems pretty healthy right now. So to predict a 3-7 stretch the rest of the way seems way too pessimistic to me, despite the level of competition coming up...

I mean, I see us dropping games against Houston and NY very easily, those are tough teams. But I think between the two Steelers games, the two games against the Browns and Bengals, and the three games against the AFC West we can at least pull out 4 wins. I think 9-7 would be enough to get us into the playoffs.