Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Jim Fassel front runner for Skins job?

God help the Redskins if they choose this guy...

Of course, it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch! :happyanim :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Probably because he isn't interested.
    Have you heard of the Skins, Falcons, or Dolphins even contacting Billick for an interview when they were doing their searches? I haven't. If you talk to other people around the country, you get the feeling that Billick really isn't thought of too highly outside of Bmore. He's arrogant, and his offense has been lousy for 9 years. He'll milk his free $15 mil, and then most likely get into broadcasting.

Billick as OC under HC Fassel would be hilarious though.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post

Billick as OC under HC Fassel would be hilarious though.
    Especially if he gets fired during the bye week.

For all of you Billick bashers please name one talented player that he didn't get the most out of?

He did the best with what he was given.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Billick will get a shot next year. Why would he throw away $5 million of free money to be a HC this year?

Billick has a winning record, a Super Bowl and his is highly thought of around the league by his former players. Compared to some of the retreads that come and go he is head and shoulders above.

He was given Derek Anderson.. didn't make the most out of that talent, did he?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens23 View Post
    He was given Derek Anderson.. didn't make the most out of that talent, did he?
    LMAO, could you imagine DA behind our o-line with our receivers? He's a jump ball thrower, and if receivers don't have seperation he'll throw it into triple coverage. Besides he was given Anderson and Ozzie took him away.

Blog Entries

Billick's name was floated as OC candidate with the 49ers, Rams, Redskins, etc. I think he was turning them down for a 1 year paid vacation. That way he gets rested, gets his duck in line, and is one of the top guys available next year.

We all talk about John Harbaugh not so much being an offensive or defensive genius, but being a great motivator and leader. I think likewise of Billick. As an OC, he stunk. As a leader, he was better than he gets credit for. Yes, the message got stale and all things like that, but I think he still got most of the players to play better than they would've under other coaches. Harbaugh has similar qualities, so I think we'll see something good here.

Billick will get a job somewhere else...could be in college, could be in NFL, but I don't see him never getting a coaching job again.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Have you heard of the Skins, Falcons, or Dolphins even contacting Billick for an interview when they were doing their searches?
    No. But why would they? Did anyone contact Cowher heading into this year?

If BB has *any* sense, he will take some time off the grind, and will come back on his terms. By most standards - winning seasons, playoff appearances, SB wins - he was a good coach, and will get attention when he throws his hat into the ring.

Those of you who think 'high flying offense' is an important factor in deciding your next head coach, consider Exhibit A: Bill Belichick, HC for the Cleveland Browns. He turned out ok with his next gig, didn't he?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I think BIllick will get another offer when he's ready to come back. Right now, I'm sure he's still licking his wounds from this fiasco. I just hope he's as smart as Belichick was in making adjustments because Belichick was a total asshole in Cleveland and was universally disliked. What Billick needs to take away from this experience is to watch his back, forget about being a "players coach" because it won't help you, don't trust players or management because they will turn on you in a heartbeat.
    AZRAVEN

[

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The guy was putting in minimal effort here as the OC. He shot himself in the foot, the offense was WAY better without him. NOT EVEN CLOSE.
    If a coach wasn't doing his job he should have been fired long before.
    Fassel ran billicks offense not his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    He went 7-9 with 19 rookies, an NFL record for any team. He had the team in post-season contention with all of those rookies, Chris Redman and Blake at QB and if not for a facemask not called in the C-choke game in week 16 he goes into week 17 needing a win for 9-7 and post-season.
    That 7-9 team was much more talented than the local and national media gave them credit for. We had 3 pro bowlers in '02 and 8 in '03 plus made the playoffs. I'm not buying billicks bluster of how bad the roster was after the cap purge. If you do that's fine. There was an infusion of young talent brought in buy Ozzie and the staff and the short turn around after the purge bears that out.

Billick done some good things in Baltimore but I don't think his record is on par with the talent he had through out his tenure. If you do that's O.K.:word
    A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins. - Benjamin Franklin

For all of you Billick bashers please name one talented player that he didn't get the most out of?
    Not that I'm a Billick basher but he clearly didnt get the most out of Priest Holmes. In fact because he didnt get the most out of him they went out and spent a first round pick on Jamal.