Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: A lil something that bothers me.

I'd rather listen to Ray Lewis give an interview than Joe Flacco. NFL Network knows this.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Most of the stuff about Flacco seems to be related to his contract. I can't wait until it's done so they can focus on the real things.
    :word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    That's not my point. Name any other team that this would be the case. Don't have a discussion on why Flacco hasn't become the face of the team when you spend 30 minutes talking to Ray about the defense. A defense that has taken a backseat to Ray and the offense.
    You do know that every ravens game he's the one raven that comes to the microphone to meet the reporters in the press room right? Isn't that enough. Who cares if the NFL network crew doesn't want to interview him.

Joe was set to interview but I think he pulled out of it because of his ankle.

Joe was suppose to be the one interviewed. They said as much before Ray Lewis came out instead. Joe must have opted out of it.
    Last edited by scbgirlxo; 09-28-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Smh at calling Ray a media whore. If Joe could do it/wanted to do it he would have been the one there. He couldn't so Ray stepped in.

Blog Entries

How dare anyone call out Ray Lewis after what he's done for this team. And yeah, I'm serious.

Joe seems to say some sheet that need not be said when he is coming off a WIN.

I can hear this now.

Ray: Joe I love you man but, I got this!!!

Joe : Ok Ray...

Ray: (thinking to himself) " Better to go up and talk then Joe opening his mouth and removing all DOUBTS"

We all know the elite thing would have come out again and Joe being confident would have said He is the best again.

It is almost like Cam same thing year after year. Round hole, square peg.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think the media, the Ravens, and to a lesser extent the fans are doing Flacco a major disservice by pushing him to be "The Man" on the Ravens offense. It is clear to me that Flacco much more resembles Eli Manning then he does Drew Brees, Tom Brady, or Aaron Rodgers. The Ravens can definitely win a Super Bowl with Flacco at QB, just as the Giants have won two Super Bowls with Eli Manning at QB. The difference is that the Giants usually run a fairly balanced attack on offense and play good defense. This is the same formula that the Ravens have used, and is the formula in which Flacco's career will thrive. When Flacco tries to take over the offense, he makes bad decisions and turns the ball over too much. He should watch Eli Manning's press conferences and handle the media in much the same way. Much of the "Is Flacco an elite QB" talk has come about due to Flacco's contract situation and Flacco's own statements. He needs to improve the way he responds to such questions, so I guess that I am not that upset with Flacco not being interviewed as much by the national media.

maybe you haven't noticed, but we're one of the worst defenses in the NFL. If we don't move the ball and score a lot, we aren't going to win this year. period.

I don't care if Rice gets the ball on the ground, or in the air- just mix it a little, and keep moving the chains, and keep the other Defenses off-balance- The ways of Defense running this team are over- i'm not saying i wouldn't prefer what you mention, but it's just not going to happen with the team we currently have- you better learn to get comfortable with that.

And fyi, Flacco has clearly gotten better over the last few years- He may not be top 5, but he can handle it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    maybe you haven't noticed, but we're one of the worst defenses in the NFL. If we don't move the ball and score a lot, we aren't going to win this year. period.

I don't care if Rice gets the ball on the ground, or in the air- just mix it a little, and keep moving the chains, and keep the other Defenses off-balance- The ways of Defense running this team are over- i'm not saying i wouldn't prefer what you mention, but it's just not going to happen with the team we currently have- you better learn to get comfortable with that.

And fyi, Flacco has clearly gotten better over the last few years- He may not be top 5, but he can handle it.
    Your saying our defense is one of the worst in the league after 4 games? That's just stupid, and we are 3-1 to show for it, we have won games already, and look like we may won a bunch of other games this year as usual. People just cannot be happy these days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post

Good grief. I am not saying that Flacco is a scrub, but rather am comparing him to Eli Manning. The same Eli Manning who has TWO Super Bowl rings. IMO, the best way for Flacco and the Ravens to achieve maximum success is to have a balanced offense like the Giants have had, and not trying to make Flacco the center of the offense by throwing the ball 40-50 times per game.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Your saying our defense is one of the worst in the league after 4 games? That's just stupid, and we are 3-1 to show for it, we have won games already, and look like we may won a bunch of other games this year as usual. People just cannot be happy these days.
    Its one thing for Brady to put up big numbers on you, but to let Brandon Weedon do it is just crazy. I mean starting from their own 10 with under a minute to go and no timeouts and they almost pulled it out. 2nd and 36 and we let them get 24 yards of it back? Let's face it, if Little could catch, we would've probably lost to the Browns. I have no confidence in this defense stopping anyone. We're going to have to score a lot of points to win games this year. Kansas City could light us up next week. We do, without any doubt, have one of the worst defenses in the league. Suggs coming back won't even fix the shit show we have going on out there on defense.