Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ravens not returning next year

Ogden will go for physical reasons, Flynn may be a cap casualty. Say goodbye to Anderson, and someone please tell me why we even brought him here if they didn't plan on using him?

McNair may see it's time to go,and drift on out to pasture. David Pittman will most likely be cut, and should be. Corey Ivy has shown to be of limited value, along with Gary Stills and Gerome Sapp. None of these three are a "no touch" player.

We also might see a mass exodus of coaches next season. Many won't want to go down with the S.S. Billick. Sometimes you just see the writing on the wall.

Wink Re: Ravens not returning next year

McNair is cut June 1st. Ogden & Rolle retire. Flynn & Anderson are 50/50 - who on the team is better and at what salary?

Not enough!:grbac:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    McNair is cut June 1st. Ogden & Rolle retire. Flynn & Anderson are 50/50 - who on the team is better and at what salary?

Not enough!:grbac:
    I agree with McNair. Ogden retires. Rolle is not going to retire. Flynn and Anderson are gone. Trevor Pryce? Don't know his cap number but he is getting up there in age. David Pittman for sure....BUST. I think we should draft a shut down corner with the 9th or 10th pick and try to pick up a qb with the 2nd round pick. Not really sure about Ryan from BC.....

UW

I got flamed on a prevous thread for suggesting we are getting into cap trouble - does anyone know our real situation and the impact of each player leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    I got flamed on a prevous thread for suggesting we are getting into cap trouble - does anyone know our real situation and the impact of each player leaving?
    According to NBC Sunday night Football, the Baltimore Ravens are the 31st worst team in cap money. They are 5 million under. Ogden is due 7 million and I am sure McNair's number is equally as high...

This is the time to get young.....

UW:bag:

6. Re: Ravens not returning next year

Quote Originally Posted by Mikerobe View Post
    Corey Ivy has shown to be of limited value, along with Gary Stills and Gerome Sapp. None of these three are a "no touch" player.
    You think Sapp and Stills are limited value??? Have you not seen both of them step it up on the ST? Personally I would keep both since they seem to be the few on ST that can actually tackle a returner!

Blog Entries

Stills and Sapp have low salaries and are good ST and reserve players...why do we need to focus on them? FOCUS on the big salaries, like Flynn, Ogden, Ray, Rolle, CMac, etc...That's like saying "Justin Green is of little value to us"...Yes, he's not used a lot, and he's also paid that way...

Pittman won't get cut unless someone beats him for a roster position next year. The Ravens don't just cut because of so-so performance (see Travis Taylor), they just bury that person on the depth chart. That said, we need to bring in some decent CBs...Martin and Pittman aren't cutting it, and Ivy can not be a starter, not even a spot starter.

8. Re: Ravens not returning next year

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Suggs, I think he'll go because we won't overpay. I doubt we franchise him, maybe we will...we shouldn't give him top 5 DE money.
    I just personally spoke to T-Sizzle and he made it very clear that he is going NO WHERE! They are already working on his next contract and as money hungry as you ALL may think this man is; you’re by far wrong. He loves B-more and he loves his team. Look for him to cont. to be a great player for our defense in the coming years!!

Red face Re: Ravens not returning next year

Preston:

What current starters do you think will not be back next season?

Mike Preston: Steve McNair, Jonathan Ogden, Mike Flynn, Rolle, Derrick Mason and Trevor Pryce.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Suggs won't go. The Ravens lock up their young talent. AD was pushing 30 and wanted a big deal, so off he went.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikerobe View Post
    Say goodbye to Anderson, and someone please tell me why we even brought him here if they didn't plan on using him?
    A fair question. My guess is something happened behind the scenes, away from the eyes of journalists and the public. Nothing to do with character, mind you, by all reports I've heard he's a stand up guy.

Anyway to quote the Tootsie Pop ad, "The world may never know."
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Suggs won't go. The Ravens lock up their young talent. AD was pushing 30 and wanted a big deal, so off he went.
    It depends on the market. Some teams have a LOT of money. Atlanta is going to have more due to a rebate from vick's signing bonus. Suggs is going to be a HOT commodity. New Orleans, Tennessee, San Fran, Cleveland, and Cinci all have over 30 million in cap space going into next year. If they want a pass rusher, Suggs is the man outside Jared Allen. If the Chief franchise and keep Allen, that makes Suggs' value go ever higher. Buffalo might make a run at Suggs also to help the linebacking core.

Salary Cap link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../week14/4.html

Free Agents link (needs updating, but general idea) http://footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

Frankly, the picture doesn't look good. I'd advocate keeping Trevor Pryce around (I am fairly certain he is more expensive to cut than to keep) and tag-and-trade Suggs. Yes, it really really stinks. But giving Suggs a Freeney contract will really crush the team. The ravens are tight against cap trouble already. The odds of being able to get a mid-first rounder and a middle third rounder see decent if a team really likes Suggs and thinks he'll make that kind of difference.

What could you do with a Mid-first rounder? Vernon Gholston, Cason, Mike Jenkins, Dan Connor, Quentin Groves, Harvey from FL, Tyson Jackson from LSU, Laurenitis maybe, Reggie Smith.

McNair may be back...he's also more expensive to cut than to keep. This assuming he doesn't retire.

It's going to be ugly and this draft and who gets released is going to be vital to this team for the next 5 years easily. This is a make or break draft, much like the 2003 draft that solidified a defense but acquired "not the answer" for the offense and thus the Ravens trend continued as a defensive powerhouse carrying an inept offense to playoff contention ever other year....
    Last edited by ExiledRaven; 12-12-2007 at 02:46 PM.
    Just win baby...