Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Top 100 - Ngata at 42

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    That said, I don't see Ray making it. Hurt a good portion of the year and was exposed in the playoffs and Super Bowl just how far he's fallen in pass coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    Ray won't be on. Ronde Barber was suppose to be 50 something but was removed when he retired.
    I saw this same appearance by Barber on NFL Network - apparently, his retirement removed him from the list according to that interview. Ray announced way earlier than Barber. He won't be on.

ProFootball Talk was way too offended by Roethlisberger at 61, and emailed NFL Network demanding answers. This is the most I've seen the process explained.

Inside the Top 100 Voting Process

What I think happens is players usually pick the top 10 players in their mind, then fill in 11-20 with players they played against throughout the year and caught their attention. I'd be willing to bet numbers 75-100 all had maybe 2-3 votes a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamjo View Post
    I saw this same appearance by Barber on NFL Network - apparently, his retirement removed him from the list according to that interview. Ray announced way earlier than Barber. He won't be on.

ProFootball Talk was way too offended by Roethlisberger at 61, and emailed NFL Network demanding answers. This is the most I've seen the process explained.

Inside the Top 100 Voting Process
    That's just plain stupid. It's the players voting, not the NFL, and they make that very clear every single episode. There may not be 11 better QBs or however many there are above him, but there are definitely 60 players you can make an argument for, especially with how injured he continues to be, and their poor performance overall last year.

I just hope Haloti comes into next season rested and healthy. If Ngata, Suggs and Webb are all healthy and playing well, they can really anchor the defense and let some of these new younger guys grow into their roles. I have high hopes that the defense will be better this year than it was last year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    Boldin, Pollard and Reed aren't Ravens. They said the 49ers have only had 3 players so far and 6 to go, which would be Boldin, Kaepernick and Staley. But then again if you take those players out I have no idea who could possibly be on the list.
    We'll have to see because the only way the Ravens make it to 9 is if Torrey, Leach and Yanda make the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Pitta
    Jacoby
    Boldin
    Pollard
    Suggs
    Ngata
    Ed
    Flacco
    Ray Rice

Joe Thomas has to be the o lineman thats left. Not surprised by Torrey being in that 30-40 range. He's consider a premier deep threat in the league and utterly annihilated future HOFamer Champ Bailey.

Also that NE game gave him an incredible amount of respect around the league given the circumstances he played through and the difference he made.

Edit: Torrey, Leach or Flacco won't make. Ed looks like he'll be in the 30's. Flacco is being hinted as well. My bet is Leach and Torrey along with Yanda are out.

It was said on this episode that the Ravens had 9 players in the top 100, the most from any team.

Already listed:
    Pitta - #100
    Bouldin - #93
    Jacoby Jones - #88
    Pollard - #87
    Suggs - #56
    Ngata - #42

That leaves 3. Flacco, Rice, Yanda, Torrey Smith. Somebody gets left out.

Quote Originally Posted by MDExile View Post
    It was said on this episode that the Ravens had 9 players in the top 100, the most from any team.

Already listed:
    Pitta - #100
    Bouldin - #93
    Jacoby Jones - #88
    Pollard - #87
    Suggs - #56
    Ngata - #42

As webb alluded to are former Ravens counted as Ravens or not. If they are then Ray, Leach, Joe, Torrey and Leach have to make it to get to 9. If not then somebody gets left off.

I think each player picks or votes for 20 players that they fill in themselves

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I am not so sure. RG III and Luck are ahead of Ben and Eli who are far more accomplished and honestly are better QB's right now. Matt Ryan had a great 2011 and didn't make last years list.

Players vote based off of different criteria I guess.
    Flacco was #90 in 2011 and #74 in 2012, so there ain't no way he missed the list entirely this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MDExile View Post

Already listed:
    Pitta - #100
    Bouldin - #93
    Jacoby Jones - #88
    Pollard - #87
    Suggs - #56
    Ngata - #42

If former players count then only 2 of Flacco, Rice, Yanda, Leach, and Smith can make it, since presumably Ed Reed is on the list again this year, as well.

On the other hand, if former players don't count, then all 5 of them have to make it. I'm not sure which is more likely, at this point, because I've got to believe that Flacco, Rice, and Yanda all make it for sure, and Leach has made it the past 2 years so I don't see why he wouldn't again this year.

I think Flacco, Rice, and Yanda are the only Ravens that will make the list from here. Torrey Smith is not a top 40 player in this league and neither is Vonta Leach.