Kudos To Tony Dungee

I'd like to give a different perspective on all of this, and look at the class demonstrated by Tony Dungee last night. It is one of the reasons why I don't detest the Colts anymore like I once did. Here's a guy who lost his son a couple of years back, and also lost a playoff game to the Steelers. This guy had all the reason to turn bitter, but he adhered to his faith and has remained at the top of the heap, along with Joe Gibbs, as real gentlemen in this league. Tony called off the dogs Early last night - that score could've easily reached the 70s, dare I say. For one reason, we had zilch at corners; zero pass rush; and, most significant, THIS TEAM QUIT! I guess this team can only get up for One game a year. Tony, along with everyone in the stadium, knew the Ravens were ripe for running it up. Bellichik would've been foaming at the mouth. Tony you're a Class act, and I wish you and the Colts nothing but the best - you deserve it!

Re: Kudos To Tony Dungee

Yeah... thanks Tony for sparing the Ravens a totally embarrassing night. :)
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

I feel exactly the same way. The score could have easily been 70-20.

Tony Dungy is class all the way.

And the way the Pats have had such poor sportsmanship this year it makes me want the Colts to beat them in the playoffs.

I'm sure that reducing the chance of a critical injury, earning the goodwill of his players for getting out of that muck, and resting his starters in December had nothing to do with it.

BS

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    Yeah... thanks Tony for sparing the Ravens a totally embarrassing night. :)
    Wait, you mean we WEREN'T cmpletely enbarrassed? Now I feel better!

That's why I don't get Belichick's approach of running up the score to pile it on a team. When the opposing team pulls their starters and starts playing backups and third-stringers in the freaking third quarter, that's pretty embarrassing!

It's really hard to hate Tony Dungy, but Manning wanted to be out there running up the score just like in his one commercial. I think it's safe to say Indy owns us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I'd like to give a different perspective on all of this, and look at the class demonstrated by Tony Dungee last night. It is one of the reasons why I don't detest the Colts anymore like I once did. Here's a guy who lost his son a couple of years back, and also lost a playoff game to the Steelers. This guy had all the reason to turn bitter, but he adhered to his faith and has remained at the top of the heap, along with Joe Gibbs, as real gentlemen in this league. Tony called off the dogs Early last night - that score could've easily reached the 70s, dare I say. For one reason, we had zilch at corners; zero pass rush; and, most significant, THIS TEAM QUIT! I guess this team can only get up for One game a year. Tony, along with everyone in the stadium, knew the Ravens were ripe for running it up. Bellichik would've been foaming at the mouth. Tony you're a Class act, and I wish you and the Colts nothing but the best - you deserve it!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunday View Post
    I'm sure that reducing the chance of a critical injury, earning the goodwill of his players for getting out of that muck, and resting his starters in December had nothing to do with it.

BS
    I think it is a little of both! Sure he wants to rest his starters in a game they were obviously going to win. But lets be honest, Manning could have had 8 TD's last night with how our corners played.......Dungy called off the dogs early and in my eyes looks like a respectable coach!

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    Wait, you mean we WEREN'T cmpletely enbarrassed? Now I feel better!
    Not completely. If Manning had stayed in, I think we would have been looking at a three digit score.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Tony Dungee has always been a class act.

I said that in the stands last night. It is really hard to hate Dungy and Manning. The fans and the owner are another story.

12. Re: Kudos To Tony Dungee

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    I feel exactly the same way. The score could have easily been 70-20.
    More like 70-7. Our scores were against back ups.

It was a nice gesture,but it was actually more humiliating to have a NFL team call off the dogs in the third qtr. Even Madden said that never happens. Just shows how much we sucked