Blog Entries

Mike Florio at PFT May Have Molested Children

The latest from SI:

"Mike Florio, well-known football journalist, may have associated with an organization that has been responsible for molesting and sexually assaulting hundreds of children. This old organization, steeped in ritual, and run exclusively by men (mainly old men), has been proven to have fondled, molested, violated and raped boys as young as five. Florio may have been associated with this group throughout his adult life.

When asked about the allegations, Florio avoided the question by saying that the allegation was preposterous. He later made a more emphatic denial. He further claimed that no children that were raped ever had any of his biological material on them.

His denials do not exonerate him, however, as they do not conclusively prove that he did not rape children. After all, Lance Armstrong also denied doping and he had multiple negative drug tests to corroborate his story.

Unfortunately, no journalist has been able to ask Mike Florio the pointed follow up questions that would be needed to resolve this issue. And even if they ever do, we may never know if Mike Florio is telling the truth. Simply put, this alleged child rape scandal will hang like a cloud over his head for the rest of his career and the rest of his life, tainting his reputation."

To be clear: I am not dissing the Catholic Church. My wife is Catholic as was my grandmother. I am merely showing that this guilt by gotcha journalism practiced by SI and PFT is irresponsible, sloppy and shameful. I see PFT was at it again this morning. (For the record: there is no evidence to show that Florio is Catholic or molested children. Just like there is no evidence to show that Ray ingested IGF-1 in any quantity that would have given him any advantage.)

To get to proving Ray "guilty", you would have to establish the following facts:

1. Ray spoke to Ross

Let's stipulate to that and assume that Ray is on a tape talking to Ross and telling him to send him everything he had.

2. Ray received spray from Ross.

There is no proof of this -- only Ross' word that he sent it to Ray.

3. Ray took the spray.

No proof.

4. The spray contained IGF-1.

Expert testimony says that is impossible.

5. There was sufficient IGF-1 to provide Ray a competitive advantage.

Expert testimony says that even if IGF-1 is in the bottle, there isn't enough to make a difference.

BONUS: Ray knew the spray contained IGF-1.

There is simply no proof of this.

So, based on most of these unproven assertions, we are throwing Ray in with Lance Armstrong. This is infuriating in the extreme. If there was a public trial of Ray on these facts, any third year law student worth his or her salt would get you an acquittal. I don't even think a judge would even allow such a "case" to get to the jury.

Blog Entries

Re: Mike Florio at PFT May Have Molested Children

huh?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Look, I get it, but you can't pull this kind of crap...This is going to end up in the trash heap unless you fix the title. And probably omit the whole fake story
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    huh?
    Proving a point. Guilt buy association based of some very shady words as your only evidence from a very shady character, is irresponsible by people who want to be taken seriously.

Just turning the tables on Florio. Well played, I think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Look, I get it, but you can't pull this kind of crap...This is going to end up in the trash heap unless you fix the title. And probably omit the whole fake story
    Really, why? PFT was at it again this morning. The difference between their story and this one is that I clearly tell you it is fake.

Did you really believe the title that Mike Florio May Have Molested Children?

If the mods don't like it, please go ahead and take it down.

Hardly the level of discourse we strive for here ....

Filed appropriately.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Hardly the level of discourse we strive for here ....

Filed appropriately.
    Spare me. With all of the curse words, personal invective and insults that go around this board, this is "hardly the level of discourse you strive for." Quite selective in your standards, I see. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Spare me. With all of the curse words, personal invective and insults that go around this board, this is "hardly the level of discourse you strive for." Quite selective in your standards, I see. Whatever.
    Curse words have always been allowed. And if someone is insulting someone else, it's dealt with.

You're certainly welcome to vent about your angst over Florio. But try again with smarter headline and in the appropriate area of the boards.

I would suggest if your venting about the media in general, use the politics / off topic area of the boards. If its how the Ravens are being treated by the media, use one of the many open threads about it.

Well played Hammerhead. Here's another classic example of the kind of point being made here:

"Mr. HoustonRaven, please tell us when you stopped beating your wife." :p

It's easy to make a person sound guilty even though it's a baseless, factless, and false assertion.