Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Prediction Thread!!!: Who Stays? Who Goes? Who Arrives?

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    You keep saying he is a great deep threat---- who is better RIGHT NOW --- Smith or Moss ?

What role would he fill on our team when we Already have 2 great starting WR's and a good number 3 with a decent number 4 who most scouts think will be our number 2 in a year or two
    You pair him with Torrey Smith and release Jacoby Jones.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    What role would he fill on our team when we Already have 2 great starting WR's and a good number 3 with a decent number 4 who most scouts think will be our number 2 in a year or two
    Which 3 and 4 are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You pair him with Torrey Smith and release Jacoby Jones.
    Release Jones for Moss ???? Makes no sense to me.... I'd have to believe there's VERY little chance that Ozzie would even consider that!

Blog Entries

Ex...are you hearing yourself? Why would you release Jones? Why would you ruin the chemistry he has with Joe? Why would you take him away from our return game? What has Moss done recently to even entertain your imagination? This isn't Madden man.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

I think we should dig up the corpse of Randy Moss, use advanced technology to revivify the rotting decrepit flesh, and then sign him to the squad. No, seriously, he could be our #2, postmortem zombie status notwithstanding.

Oh wait, I see someone has already suggested this. Sorry I didn't read the whole thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bmore13 View Post
    Release Jones for Moss ???? Makes no sense to me.... I'd have to believe there's VERY little chance that Ozzie would even consider that!
    Better hands
    Better in tight coverage
    Veteran presence
    Demands safety help
    Less expensive.

If you ask Jones to make the catch to win the game with a CB draped all over him he's not going to do it. Moss will. This offense would even ascend to another level. Jones is good in his 'role'. Jones wouldn't be nearly as good if he were the second, or even third passing option in this offense, on a consistent basis.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    I think we should dig up the corpse of Randy Moss, use advanced technology to revivify the rotting decrepit flesh, and then sign him to the squad. No, seriously, he could be our #2, postmortem zombie status notwithstanding.

Oh wait, I see someone has already suggested this. Sorry I didn't read the whole thread.
    You have been riding me for this since the dawn of man, but in the words of Master Shake "I'm not backing down on this ever!".

You have been riding me for this since the dawn of man, but in the words of Master Shake "I'm not backing down on this ever!".
    I usually get down with most of your posts, but this is just asinine. Jacoby seriously stepped up his game this year and Randy Moss is nowhere near that level anymore. With Torrey and Jacoby on the outside with Boldin in the slot presents HUGE match up problems because both WRs on the outside can torch CBs deep. No one thinks Moss can take the top off a defense anymore.

Jones is the man. Moss WAS the man.

Blog Entries

If you ask Jones to make the catch to win the game with a CB draped all over him he's not going to do it. Moss will. This offense would even ascend to another level. Jones is good in his 'role'. Jones wouldn't be nearly as good if he were the second, or even third passing option in this offense, on a consistent basis.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    "If you ask Jacoby Jones to make the catch to win the game with a CB draped all over him"

Blog Entries

"If you ask Jacoby Jones to make the catch to win the game with a CB draped all over him"
    Nobody plays man when the games on the line.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Nobody plays man when the games on the line.
    That doesn't mean a CB can't contact a WR coming into his zone and, thus, be draped all over him.