Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Would we have made it to the playoffs with Boldin

can someone make me a GIF of a dead horse beating another dead horse?

Boldin wouldn't have fixed our other problems, also with Boldin here we wouldn't have won the MN game, wanna know why because we would have no idea who this Marlon Brown guy is. also Doom wouldnt be here, Canty wouldn't be here, would D Smith and Eugene played here this year? too many hindsight questions.

So if the Ravens cut Suggs this offseason and he goes on to have a few good games this year, can i guarantee that we will see "suggs was Oz's worst move?"

sorry for the Rant. I am just glad that Marlon is here and has a larger upside than Boldin in my opinion..

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    We just had an old and decrepit Dallas Clark as our slot guy for 3/4ths of the season...but no, Boldin wouldn't have made a difference.

Lmao.

Let's be real here...I'll give my POV, but first, I want to get a couple things straight at the top so that people don't misconstrue what I'm saying.

1. For those that say the offensive line was the primary reasons for our struggles, you are absolutely right. However, please don't act like they were the only reason we didn't make the playoffs and no other position playing better wouldn't have made any difference.

2. Piggybacking off of #1, in no way am I saying that simply having Boldin would have had us in the Super Bowl. The OL problems definitely would have prevented that.

3. If your argument is simply Cap/money related...I'm not going to debate that. I disagree with it and feel that the roster could have been configured differently which would have allowed for many of the same moves, but it is what it is...at least that argument has some logic behind it as opposed to the others.

However, to watch what Boldin did in the playoffs last year as well as what he did during this season, and say he wouldn't have made a difference during a season where our offense was as bad as it was...losing multiple games by one score is silly...and while the OL bears most of the blame, it doesn't have all of it. Many, many times our guys couldn't get open for Joe, many times balls bounced off the receivers hands for INT's, many times when we needed guys to make the big catches when guys were draped over them they didn't...our receivers left a lot of plays on the field in June middle of everything and all blame being put on the offensive line.

It sounds like some are just tired of hearing people complain about it, so they just jump to "he wouldn't have made a difference anyway" statements that frankly don't have much logic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    They do have logic if you read and try to understand what the statements mean, instead of "lol-ing" at one portion of them. Boldin cannot get separation off the initial contact consistently, so, with the offensive line's problems protecting Joe, he would have been under much duress waiting for Boldin to get open. So, again, his presence wouldn't have helped much.

Might have made the playoffs, but not sure we'd go anywhere. I'm excited to have a decent draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    They do have logic if you read and try to understand what the statements mean, instead of "lol-ing" at one portion of them. Boldin cannot get separation off the initial contact consistently, so, with the offensive line's problems protecting Joe, he would have been under much duress waiting for Boldin to get open. So, again, his presence wouldn't have helped much.
    1200 yard slot receivers can't get separation, got it. Great logic.

Lol

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

1200 yard slot receivers can't get separation, got it.

Lol

Hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Hopeless.
    You sure are!

Lol

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

1200 yard slot receivers can't get separation, got it. Great logic.

Lol

with 2 seconds to throw the ball.... nope no one can.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksouleyez View Post
    Thank you. But he's too hopeless to understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksouleyez View Post
    Ok, so now Joe consistently only had 2 seconds to throw the ball?

Check out film studies articles this year on Joe's stats with Ample TIME and Space.

While Joe didn't have good protection this year, acting like he rarely had more tha 2 seconds to throw is pure hyperbole.

I'd also add that considering on those plays where Joe does get pressure that he throws up 50-50 balls...and that was perhaps one of the spots Boldin shined and the guys we had this year struggled...that would lend me to say he would have still made a significant difference.

Ok, so now Joe consistently only had 2 seconds to throw the ball?

Check out film studies articles this year on Joe's stats with Ample TIME and Space.

While Joe didn't have good protection this year, acting like he rarely had more tha 2 seconds to throw is pure hyperbole.

ur right he averaged 4.2 on all passing plays. however on third down it goes down (couldnt find accurate number). we would be using boldin on third down more than anything so i would say the more realistic number is 3.5? still pretty quick.

I'd also add that considering on those plays where Joe does get pressure that he throws up 50-50 balls...and that was perhaps one of the spots Boldin shined and the guys we had this year struggled...that would lend me to say he would have still made a significant difference.

So a 50% difference? "LMAO."