Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Rex speaks.... "I hope everything works out financially, but I'm going right to my office at the Ravens tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    IF AND ONLY IF Rex is Harbs FIRST CHOICE for DC, and NOT the Dynamic Duo (of SB and Cass) speaking, then I feel Rex is entitled to a meritorious raise. Along with the raise, give him an extension, to help ease the ignominy of being passed over for HC, after many years of loyal service to both the organization and the fans of Bmore.

Ravenjoe, and others who have said the same thing, could you please point me to some link or source that says Bisciotti and Cass are pressing Ryan on Harbaugh? Or even that they *might* be? Because it really sounds like armchair psychiatry to me, guesses based on fancy and not reason.

There are good, real, substantive reasons why Harbaugh might want Rex, and we were told Harbaugh was given the discretion to form his own staff. Why shouldn't he be allowed to pick Ryan if he wants, without fans second guessing?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: Rex speaks.... "I hope everything works out financially, but I'm going right to my office at the Ravens tomorrow

I should've prefaced my post with IMO. I hope that I'm wrong, here; but I just have this weird sense that we're heading down a slippery path here, and we all know where that'll end up. Evidence the Bmore Os. I'm paranoid, I admit. But I just smell something fishy here, and it is not my officemate!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Evidence the Bmore Os.
    I *knew* it!!!!! As I was writing my post, I thought to myself, "some Baltimore fans' willingness to be optimistic, and to take things at face value, have been ruined by Peter Angelos."

Don't let years of disappointment with the other local team ruin your good sense, ravenjoe. Keep the faith!

Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

With only one more season on his contract, it appears that giving him an extionsion with raise that it would be a good morale mood on Owings Mills. It will allow Rex to save face, and frankly the Ravens to have a stronger coaching staff then at any point in recent memory... Cameron and Rex are quite a duo, as long as Harbaugh has the Ra-Ra covered, we should be good to go. Gameplanning should be no issue.

Blog Entries

well then, hear's to hoping he comes in tomorrow, and we make him an offer he can't refuse!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post

Ravenjoe, and others who have said the same thing, could you please point me to some link or source that says Bisciotti and Cass are pressing Ryan on Harbaugh? Or even that they *might* be? Because it really sounds like armchair psychiatry to me, guesses based on fancy and not reason.

There are good, real, substantive reasons why Harbaugh might want Rex, and we were told Harbaugh was given the discretion to form his own staff. Why shouldn't he be allowed to pick Ryan if he wants, without fans second guessing?
    Kudos ... nice to see some here dont buy every conspiracy theory that comes out of the mouths of the folks at WNST and The Baltimore Preston ... er ... Sun!

Bisciotti has always spoke his mind (and changed it) and there is no reason to suggest he isnt a straight shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post

Bisciotti was clamoring for Rex at the Harbaugh press conference. And every media report listing a "league source" is that the Ravens OWNERSHIP is high on keeping him as DC. If it is truly Harbaugh who wants to keep Rex, with no pressure from above, then I'm all for it. People are just raising the possibility that although Bisciotti publicly says Harbs can pick his own staff, it may not be that way behind closed doors at the palace.

Just a possibility is all. No need to get the panties in a bunch! :girlfight

Do you guys really believe he's had no conversations with other team's regarding their DC positions?

PP

While I'm fine with Rivera, there is also a reason the Bears let him go. Rex is the best available DC, and if we can work something out with him then we will be well served.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52
    While I'm fine with Rivera, there is also a reason the Bears let him go.
    Of course there was a reason they let him go, but that doesn't mean it was a good reason. He did a pretty good job in Chicago. I'd be okay with him coming here as DC.

I'd also be okay with Rex coming back, if his heart is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Do you guys really believe he's had no conversations with other team's regarding their DC positions?
    I don't think so, after all, that would be tampering....... :D
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    I don't think so, after all, that would be tampering....... :D

Can you imagine if the NFL suddenly decided to enforce that rule strictly?

We'd have no movement from coaches.

PP