Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - 2 explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by Darksouleyez View Post
    CNN reported 4 people were taken to the hospital. Hopefully that number stands to be true and that they come through ok.
    CNN just reported 2 dead, 22 injured so far :(
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    That's a little stretched...it's a big city and a VERY well known event, and running events usually aren't as secured as say baseball or football games.

Very easy for a lone nut job to put something together to cause lots of terror without making a statement about taxes, etc.
    That's all it takes. Just 1 nut job can hurt or kill many people. We've seen it happen over and over and honestly I don't see how they can be stopped before they do these things. I live 15 miles from Newtown. Our schools were secured for about 2 weeks after it happened. Now it's only the elementary school that you have to buzz to get in. If some asshole wanted to do something in the middle school it would be pretty easy. Hell, if someone wanted to put a car bomb in a mall they wouldn't be stopped unless someone knew it was being planned. How can law enforcement deal with these sickos before they do something? I don't think they can.

CNN just reported 2 dead, 22 injured so far :(
    damn... there goes that hope and prayer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's all it takes. Just 1 nut job can hurt or kill many people. We've seen it happen over and over and honestly I don't see how they can be stopped before they do these things. I live 15 miles from Newtown. Our schools were secured for about 2 weeks after it happened. Now it's only the elementary school that you have to buzz to get in. If some asshole wanted to do something in the middle school it would be pretty easy. Hell, if someone wanted to put a car bomb in a mall they wouldn't be stopped unless someone knew it was being planned. How can law enforcement deal with these sickos before they do something? I don't think they can.
    Odd...The elementary school my son will be going to, in Carroll County, MD...you have to be buzzed in for.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

This is crazy... It definitely stinks of some sort of terrorism.

http://deadspin.com/explosions-repor...ium=socialflow

Blog Entries

The reality is that you can't.

For the most part, someone probably knew, but didn't say anything. That happens a lot, unfortunately. People don't think that others they know are capable or being serious until it happens.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Yup. Ask any Secret Service or FBI agent.

The "lone nut" is the one thing that keeps them all awake at night for that very reason. If one person is willing to do something horrible (with little or no regard to their life), they are virtually unstoppable.

I agree with you 100%. I see now way to stop sickos either.

Odd...The elementary school my son will be going to, in Carroll County, MD...you have to be buzzed in for.
    My wife is a teacher for Carroll County, you have to be buzzed in for that one.

Blog Entries

Wow that is terrible, if this was done on purpose, I hope those assholes get what they deserve, whoever they are. I do not understand the obsession these days to cause shit like this, it seems like something new happens every month now.

The time of the explosions is very ominous.

I've run my share of races and the 4 hour mark of a marathon is when the average Joe's are finishing. Families gather to cheer on their relatives and the crowd triples.

Very sad.

Blog Entries

Speaking of Newtown...

Michael Ditto @janus303

Oh jeez, AP reporter on TV says Newtown families were in the VIP section right by the explosion. No injury reports, she's locked down w/ one
    7:29 PM - 15 Apr 13
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.