Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: So, any OL doubters turning into believers now?

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    Impressive game all the way around, but I'm curious... was offensive holding called even once on either team?
    LOL. Not that I saw. And I saw McPhee get held for sure on one play, or at least he was held enough to warrant a calll with the old refs (and I wasn't really scrutinizing every replay, so I am sure there were more "missed" calls). But I like it better like that. Call fouls that are clearly fouls, not any-little-thing-that-can-be-possibly-rationalized; if in doubt, let it go. As long as the refs are consistent, then there should be no problem officiating games in this manner.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    Impressive game all the way around, but I'm curious... was offensive holding called even once on either team?
    Dont believe so.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

bacchys-
    It's as if Flacco has "it" now when he throws a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I think we have the personnel to do what we want. Birk needs to be replaced. Judging by this game he is our weakest link.
    He really wasnt that bad. He sprung a lot of Ray Rice draws and trap plays up the middle. He got pummeled a few times, but if he's our weakest link we're in good shape.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Flacco has always been a great QB. How many passe were thrown poorly tonight? Still a lot of great passes dropped due to good coverage or drooped balls. The Oline deserves a lot of credit and hopefully will improve even more. Leave Birk alone, he the senior man who calls out what he sees .

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    bacchys-
    It's as if Flacco has "it" now when he throws a pass.
    Yeah, or more like he is not afraid of getting picked (or getting yelled at by Cam, etc). He is slinging it, not "playing it safe" like I am sure he was instructed to do in the past. He simply has earned the responsibility for the decision-making, similar to the audibling (and no-huddle), and it shows on the field.

It wouldn't surprise me if he finishes the season with a few more picks than usual (and a lot more TDs obviously), but then again maybe he won't. And either way, I wouldn't care if he did, if throwing them (taking chances) leads to this kind of offensive output. I always felt that our philosophy over-weighted offensive turnovers (obviously because our defense was the water-carrier for our team up until now). I realize they are painful and can be disasterous and can lead to opponent's points, and I realize we need to win the turnover battle, etc, but at some level you can go too far in trying to avoid making them to the point you hamstring your offense and reduce your chances of winning.

There were only a few of us that liked the McKinney move out of the lineup, now we see why. Next week will be a test for the tackles.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post

Yeah, or more like he is not afraid of getting picked (or getting yelled at by Cam, etc). He is slinging it, not "playing it safe" like I am sure he was instructed to do in the past. He simply has earned the responsibility for the decision-making, similar to the audibling (and no-huddle), and it shows on the field.

It wouldn't surprise me if he finishes the season with a few more picks than usual, but then again maybe he won't. And either way, I wouldn't care if he did, if throwing them (taking chances) leads to this kind of offensive output. I always felt that our philosophy over-weighted offensive turnovers (obviously because our defense was the water-carrier for our team up until now). I realize they are painful and can be disasterous and can lead to opponent's points, and I realize we need to win the turnover battle, etc, but at some level you can go too far in trying to avoid making them to the point you hamstring your offense and reduce your chances of winning.
    Rivers threw something like 20 picks last year and the year before Brees tossed like 68...yet folks clamor around them as elite QB's.

I agree with you. Sure, it is more of a gamble, but it could also be the catalyst for the best offensive season in Ravens history.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    There were only a few of us that liked the McKinney move out of the lineup, now we see why. Next week will be a test for the tackles.
    Like I kept saying...you can get away with average and even below average tackles if your QB is getting the ball out quickly and the coordinator game plans effectively.

That's what happened tonight. It completely tired their DL out and took away their pass rush (for the most part ).

Blog Entries

Ill eat some crow but i dont think anybody predicted harewood at LG and to play so well. They looked great out there. My opinion doesnt hold water to the ravens FO and coaching staff, i hope people realize that before i even sy it. Although mckinnie looked solid in garbage time and heavy sets... Haha.
    -JAB

I have to admit I was like "huh" when they announced Harewood was starting. The guy played an excellent game. I thought for the most part with a few blips here and there the line was pretty damn good. Its a really good start for them as a group.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I will reserve judgment until after a couple more games. They played well tonight, outside of Birk, who is a real problem.