Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ed Reed needs to go

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I don't see how cutting ties is hysteria. No one is screaming cut him, bench him. But his time in a Raven uniform is coming to an end. There is no one better? Right now, sure. But next year, it is time to start life without him back there.
    I thought I was clear about this: I'm not saying it's wrong to cut ties. I have kids, sometimes they're hysterical about things. It doesn't mean they're wrong, it just means they're being hysterical.

Say Ed Reed's contract demands are too high for what he brings to the table. Say it does not make sense to invest too much into the free safety position. Say this is / should be / probably (pick one or more) his last year wearing the purple. I would agree with all those things.

But saying "Ed Reed needs to go" is being hysterical.

Your accusation of hyperbole is showing, Captain.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    This.
    Ok, that's a valuable addition to the conversation. Thanks. :grbac:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    "This" is message board slang for "I agree" or :word

What's wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    "This" is message board slang for "I agree" or :word

What's wrong with it?
    It literally adds nothing to a conversation. Without giving a reason, "I agree" adds no more than "I disagree," neither of which helps me think about what's being discussed. I know it's common, but it still gets on my nerves and occasionally I grumble.

Unless - literally - your name is "BMore Ravor" or "FilmStudy," a flat "I agree" means nothing to me, because I don't care.

I'm probably not the only one who feels that way, but I might be.

/shrug
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

I thought I was clear about this: I'm not saying it's wrong to cut ties. I have kids, sometimes they're hysterical about things. It doesn't mean they're wrong, it just means they're being hysterical.

Say Ed Reed's contract demands are too high for what he brings to the table. Say it does not make sense to invest too much into the free safety position. Say this is / should be / probably (pick one or more) his last year wearing the purple. I would agree with all those things.

But saying "Ed Reed needs to go" is being hysterical.

Your accusation of hyperbole is showing, Captain.

Mmmmyeah... it is a message board dude, not a court of law. I talk, type, like a human. Ed Reed needs to stay at nothing more than vet minimum. There, happy? Not hysteria, opinion.

Jeeesh....

It literally adds nothing to a conversation. Without giving a reason, "I agree" adds no more than "I disagree," neither of which helps me think about what's being discussed. I know it's common, but it still gets on my nerves and occasionally I grumble.

Unless - literally - your name is "BMore Ravor" or "FilmStudy," a flat "I agree" means nothing to me, because I don't care.

I'm probably not the only one who feels that way, but I might be.

/shrug
    Switch to decaf.

I was talking about the OP, which is why I quoted it repeatedly. I missed what you said.

edit: Hmm, decaf. Maybe I will...
    Festivus

I think he should be released after this year.

He's way past his prime, he's always hurt and he just refuses to wrap up. He's going to make 2-3 nice INTs each year on instinct. But his overall play has declined to the point where he looks like a liability.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    they will offer Ed a deal proably more than we would get anywhere else but less than he wants.
    I think this is what the Ravens will do with Ed, but I would hope that they don't franchise him. I think the Ravens owe Ed the respect of not forcing him to stay here if he would rather move on, especially if Ray retires.

I don't blame him, but I'm sure Ed has a very inflated estimation of his future value. I trust that our FO violently disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think this is what the Ravens will do with Ed, but I would hope that they don't franchise him. I think the Ravens owe Ed the respect of not forcing him to stay here if he would rather move on, especially if Ray retires.
    If Ozzie even floats the idea of franchising Ed then I expect he would also announce his resignation in the next breath.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    If Ozzie even floats the idea of franchising Ed then I expect he would also announce his resignation in the next breath.
    I have a feeling that Ed would prefer to go play for Pagano in Indy to finish his career if Ray retires after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I have a feeling that Ed would prefer to go play for Pagano in Indy to finish his career if Ray retires after this season.
    That would be a great move for Ed...and if IND wins the SB in 2014 and Ed got his ring, I'd be ecstatic (along as they didn't beat us along the way).

Blog Entries

For the right price the Ravens would bring Reed back. Reed has made it very clear though that he isn't looking for a cheap deal. There are many teams who could really benefit from a playmaker like Reed and will pay him a lot more than the Ravens. I wish him well. There are very few Ravens who I have enjoyed watching more than Ed Reed.